74 (18.3%)
Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,781 times)

SM

SM

She acted a lot more like the "I don't give a shit" Ripley from early in Resurrection, rather than the one who'd chosen to join the human race by the end.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 04, 2019, 08:25:47 AM
It certainly doesn't feel like a performance turned in purely for a paycheck. Weaver is fantastic in the fourth film.

Of course not brother. When you accept a projecr after you have sworn to leave the franchise because it can secure you financially for, say, the rest of your life, logic doesn't dictate you phone it in. This is Sigourney Weaver. Acting is her craft and she has a level of class. And once she commits she'll give her 100%. An embrassing performance is just going to embarass her.

SiL

SiL

Or she actually wanted to give a good performance because she liked the role.

Crazy concept.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 04, 2019, 11:19:00 AMWhen you accept a projecr after you have sworn to leave the franchise because it can secure you financially for, say, the rest of your life, logic doesn't dictate you phone it in.

You must not have seen A Good Day to Die Hard.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Or Weaver returned to playing a role, to a character that she said pubically said she wanted no more part  in playing, a character that has to now be cloned back to life to play, so she could recieve the highest pay an actress have ever received at the time, $11 Million, equal to the entire budget of the first Alien.

I know, crazy concept.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 04, 2019, 11:25:58 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 04, 2019, 11:19:00 AMWhen you accept a projecr after you have sworn to leave the franchise because it can secure you financially for, say, the rest of your life, logic doesn't dictate you phone it in.

You must not have seen A Good Day to Die Hard.

Come on. Bruce is a differet animal. Have you seen the way he talks to interviewers? We can agree Sigourney has a lot more class than Bruce.

SiL

SiL

Why are you so desperate for Weaver to have secretly hated the role ???

SM

SM

She's a complete mercenary - but she's a sincere mercenary...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 11:38:25 AM
Why are you so desperate for Weaver to have secretly hated the role ???

Why are you defensive? I'm not desperate. I love Sigourney and when she commits she commits 100%. She is a wonderful actress. But that doesn't stop me from applying logic to what we know.

SM

SM

"logic"...

:laugh:

SiL

SiL

Nobody's getting defensive, it just feels a lot more like projection than logic. :D

SM

SM

She should've just done it for the love.  Who does she think she is? Wanting to get paid to doing work??!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, Weaver is just amazing as her role as Ripley 8. Even if a large paycheck played a part in her returning (of course it did), I'm not sure what the issue is here?

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

There just seems to be some very conceited people on this forum.  :-X

SM

SM

How does that relate to the discussion?

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I suppose it doesn't but oh man do I love Alien Resurrection and Weaver's performance. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed