5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,536 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Biz on Apr 29, 2008, 09:17:49 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 29, 2008, 09:03:22 PM

Atleast AVP and AR had better visual quality and you can see the mother f**king movie and maybe ummm......enjoy it >:(

Seeing Alien Res is the primary problem. If I were blind and deaf I wouldn't mind it. The acting is far worse in A:R and the Newborn is the worst creature in the history of film.

The acting is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse in AVPR. At least in A:R there is no "People are dying, we need guns." *blank stare*

RumorControl

RumorControl

Atleast AVP and AR had better visual quality and you can see the mother f**king movie and maybe ummm......enjoy it >:(

Seeing Alien Res is the primary problem. If I were blind and deaf I wouldn't mind it. The acting is far worse in A:R and the Newborn is the worst creature in the history of film.

How many drugs are you on?  Most soap operas are better acted than AvPR, and saying AR has worse acting makes you look like a fool.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The acting in 10,000 BC was worst then AVPR. The acting in 10,000 BC made AVPR look like Goodfellas.

Aran

Aran

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 29, 2008, 10:40:32 PM
The acting in 10,000 BC was worst then AVPR. The acting in 10,000 BC made AVPR look like Goodfellas.

are you KIDDING me?? least 10,OOO BC made much more sense thn AVPR... and have to say bella is hawt too

Danger Close

Danger Close

I really dislike the direction thar A:R went in. It was really too cheezy to be an Alien film.

Craig

Craig

Quote from: Aran on Apr 29, 2008, 10:45:55 PM

are you KIDDING me?? least 10,OOO BC made much more sense thn AVPR
:-X

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The acting is far worse in A:R

I'm not one of those who sees much wrong with the recent film's acting. Those in it, so far as I'm concerned, did as well as they could, given the material and direction they had to follow.

But to claim the other film's acting is worse? None of those involved with the production of this one would even try to claim Sigourney Weaver did a bad job on the acting front, to name one example. It was one of her very best performances.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I'm pretty much with Xenomorphine regarding the acting; though I do think even gien the material of AvP:R, the acting was pretty flat.

The newborn, while I strongly dislike it and it taints the rest of the movie for me, was supposed to be an abomination. Chet just looked like garbage because of poor design, not because it was supposed to.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I actually think the actors were pretty good.  That guy who played the pizza boy and Kelly were ok but it was the dialogue they were given and total lack of characterisation that sucked.

Plus, the characters in A:R were pretty badass for the most part - but a pizza boy, a pretty criminal - no.  Kelly, yes, because she was an Iraq vet but Dallas with the predator gun was just cheesy.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

are you KIDDING me?? least 10,OOO BC made much more sense thn AVPR... and have to say bella is hawt too

huh? first your talking about the acting then your talking about the movie itself?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The lines in the movie where bad like "We sleep here, we hunt".

Aran

Aran

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 30, 2008, 11:30:32 AM

The lines in the movie where bad like "We sleep here, we hunt".

dude, its 10,OOO BC. you dont expect ppl in those days to speak PERFECTLY.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I know it takes place in the past but Apocalypto and even The Flintstones speak better then 10,000 BC.

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale  had the most worst modren acting ever. It had awesome actors like Jason Statham and the movie was major BS. AVPR is a oscar wining movie compare to In the Name of the King.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteI know it takes place in the past but Apocalypto and even The Flintstones speak better then 10,000 BC.

When i saw apocalypto they didnt talk any english, and Flinstones isnt the most accurate source..

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 01, 2008, 01:13:10 PMWhen i saw apocalypto they didnt talk any english, and Flinstones isnt the most accurate source.

Does it matter what language they speak? They still used it in a way that didn't sound fake. To have half sentences like "We sleep here, we hunt" (I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if it's actually in there) is just stupid. People had their own languages at that time and it was probably more advanced than that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed