AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,040 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Logical fallacy.

As if LOGAN rendered Days of Future Past and First Class' stories pointless, it's a non-argument.

I care about Ripley's story more-so because of the events of all three films,
and the time spent with Hicks and Newt's all the sweeter (perhaps bittersweet) because of their eventual fate.
Same as the crew of the Nostromo, the crew of the Sulaco, Bishop, Clemens, Dillion and Aaron.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 19, 2019, 01:50:56 AMI'm just saying that Ripley went into the belly of the beast to save the child. Then the child dies five minutes later. Yeah, that's not a ripoff or pointless at all.

It's not pointless. It's showing how tenacious and dangerous the Alien really is. You might think you've won, you might think you've got away and survived, but it'll keep coming, and it's completely merciless.

Of all the arguments against the deaths of Hicks and Newt, I really don't think "it renders the second movie pointless" is a valid one. If anything it's a pretty strong embodiment of Ash's "perfect organism" speech in the first film.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 19, 2019, 01:50:56 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 19, 2019, 12:19:45 AM
The killing Hicks and Newt thing I guess.

Well duh. Well mostly Newt. Mostly. I'm not going to argue, I'm done trying to convince. I'm just saying that Ripley went into the belly of the beast to save the child. Then the child dies five minutes later. Yeah, that's not a ripoff or pointless at all.

Don't give me that "shit happens" BS. I rest my case, and keep it rested. There is nothing more I can say. You can call me a freak, I just care about the characters who survived Aliens. Without Alien3, Aliens is the perfect ending for those characters, I refuse to accept that was all for nothing.

I'm going to walk away now.

1. The child doesn't die 5 minutes later, she dies in the next film.

2. Sh*t does indeed happen and with great regularity. Sometimes to extreme levels. It's an inescapable fact of life.

3. It's entirely possible to become too invested in a work of fiction.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 19, 2019, 01:50:56 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 19, 2019, 12:19:45 AM
The killing Hicks and Newt thing I guess.

Well duh. Well mostly Newt. Mostly. I'm not going to argue, I'm done trying to convince. I'm just saying that Ripley went into the belly of the beast to save the child. Then the child dies five minutes later. Yeah, that's not a ripoff or pointless at all.

Don't give me that "shit happens" BS. I rest my case, and keep it rested. There is nothing more I can say. You can call me a freak, I just care about the characters who survived Aliens. Without Alien3, Aliens is the perfect ending for those characters, I refuse to accept that was all for nothing.

I'm going to walk away now.

I liked Hicks and Newt, I have no problem with people that hate Alien 3 due to their deaths, I can understand even if I'm ok with Alien 3. Cheers.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 20, 2019, 12:02:30 AM
Cheers.

Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"? -A.W

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 21, 2019, 01:26:16 AM
Cheers.

Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"? -A.W

Wat. Projecting maybe.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 21, 2019, 01:26:16 AM
Cheers.

Down here, we say "bless your heart".

Voodoo Magic

Hey guys and gals, with all do respect.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 21, 2019, 01:35:24 AM
Wat. Projecting maybe.

No, Mass Effect quote.

Voodoo Magic

Old One's the best. Most don't realize this but I do cuz I'm a genius.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 21, 2019, 02:38:07 AM
Old One's the best. Most don't realize this but I do cuz I'm a genius.

Indeed she is.

You're a might sauced brother.

Corporal Hicks

Back on track please.

The Old One

The Old One

Apologies for the fawners.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Avpr is my least favorite (like most of us) followed by alien resu....... we shall not name it lol

Frosty Venom

AVPR < The Predator < AVP < Predator 2 < Prometheus < Alien Covenant < Predators < Alien 3 < Alien Resurrection

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed