User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1.2%)
Predator 2
15 (2.9%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
49 (9.6%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
248 (48.6%)
Alien
9 (1.8%)
Aliens
8 (1.6%)
Alien³
32 (6.3%)
Alien Resurrection
96 (18.8%)
Predators
11 (2.2%)
Prometheus
21 (4.1%)
Alien Covenant
7 (1.4%)
The Predator
8 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 507

Author Topic: AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie  (Read 158035 times)

The Old One
Apr 19, 2019, 01:51:56 AM
Reply #1320 on: Apr 19, 2019, 01:51:56 AM
Q
Logical fallacy.

As if LOGAN rendered Days of Future Past and First Class' stories pointless, it's a non-argument.

I care about Ripley's story more-so because of the events of all three films,
and the time spent with Hicks and Newt's all the sweeter (perhaps bittersweet) because of their eventual fate.
Same as the crew of the Nostromo, the crew of the Sulaco, Bishop, Clemens, Dillion and Aaron.

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2019, 01:53:55 AM by The Old One »

HuDaFuK
Apr 19, 2019, 07:58:28 PM
Reply #1321 on: Apr 19, 2019, 07:58:28 PM
Q
I'm just saying that Ripley went into the belly of the beast to save the child. Then the child dies five minutes later. Yeah, that's not a ripoff or pointless at all.

It's not pointless. It's showing how tenacious and dangerous the Alien really is. You might think you've won, you might think you've got away and survived, but it'll keep coming, and it's completely merciless.

Of all the arguments against the deaths of Hicks and Newt, I really don't think "it renders the second movie pointless" is a valid one. If anything it's a pretty strong embodiment of Ash's "perfect organism" speech in the first film.

Huggs
Apr 19, 2019, 11:36:44 PM
Reply #1322 on: Apr 19, 2019, 11:36:44 PM
Q
The killing Hicks and Newt thing I guess.

Well duh. Well mostly Newt. Mostly. I'm not going to argue, I'm done trying to convince. I'm just saying that Ripley went into the belly of the beast to save the child. Then the child dies five minutes later. Yeah, that's not a ripoff or pointless at all.

Don't give me that "shit happens" BS. I rest my case, and keep it rested. There is nothing more I can say. You can call me a freak, I just care about the characters who survived Aliens. Without Alien3, Aliens is the perfect ending for those characters, I refuse to accept that was all for nothing.

I'm going to walk away now.

1. The child doesn't die 5 minutes later, she dies in the next film.

2. Sh*t does indeed happen and with great regularity. Sometimes to extreme levels. It's an inescapable fact of life.

3. It's entirely possible to become too invested in a work of fiction.

Samhain13
Apr 20, 2019, 12:02:31 AM
Reply #1323 on: Apr 20, 2019, 12:02:31 AM
Q
The killing Hicks and Newt thing I guess.

Well duh. Well mostly Newt. Mostly. I'm not going to argue, I'm done trying to convince. I'm just saying that Ripley went into the belly of the beast to save the child. Then the child dies five minutes later. Yeah, that's not a ripoff or pointless at all.

Don't give me that "shit happens" BS. I rest my case, and keep it rested. There is nothing more I can say. You can call me a freak, I just care about the characters who survived Aliens. Without Alien3, Aliens is the perfect ending for those characters, I refuse to accept that was all for nothing.

I'm going to walk away now.

I liked Hicks and Newt, I have no problem with people that hate Alien 3 due to their deaths, I can understand even if I'm ok with Alien 3. Cheers.

Voodoo Magic
Apr 21, 2019, 02:38:07 AM
Reply #1329 on: Apr 21, 2019, 02:38:07 AM
Q
Old One's the best. Most don't realize this but I do cuz I'm a genius.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed