AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,473 times)

Thunderjack88

Alien 3 for me as going from Alien hive to a Runner feels like a downgrade. AvP:R may not tick all the boxes but the scene with the Predialien impregnating the pregnant woman gave me the chills, been a while since a Alien film gave me that and hasnt happened since.

-TJ88

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Alien Covenant is just the WORST. So bad in fact that it deserves more than a little post to explain why. So here you go.

Otherwise, if I must try to stay objective, to put my feelings aside, I'm gonna side with 50% of people here and say Requiem.

Huggs

Huggs

The first half or so covenant isn't that bad. I was surprised by this with my recent viewing. But it just falls apart about midway through. With a different cast and rewritten 2nd half, it really could've been something.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I think everything up to the Neomorph births is pretty damn good. It's once David arrives that it starts to slide.

Oasis Nadrama

Same opinion. It made the disappointment even worse.

Until the David show started, the movie was feeling like a simple but decent Alien flick. With an interesting perfume of a real spinoff, you know, this kind of humble but efficient Alien story you see in some comic books - self-contained, quick, brutal and powerful.

The Old One

The Old One

I disagree, the beginning's good, the middle's superior and the ending's bad, but then the end's good.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 14, 2019, 04:57:54 PM
I disagree, the beginning's good, the middle's superior and the ending's bad, but then the end's good.

I'm with The Old One. I love the movie until the Alien shows up and then it's downhill for me.

Huggs

Huggs

Way too much time was wasted in the engineer citadel.

And David's character was horrifically underused in covenant. Too much human interest, not enough mad science.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 15, 2019, 07:17:36 PM
Way too much time was wasted in the engineer citadel.

And David's character was horrifically underused in covenant. Too much human interest, not enough mad science.

It's sarcastic, isn't it?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2019, 08:31:01 AM
I'm with The Old One. I love the movie until the Alien shows up and then it's downhill for me.

I think it's kinda ironic that in original O'Bannon script (about which i read in one of your latest interviews, see quote below) Alien shows up much later and it's also can seem as little rushed.

QuoteThe very first version of Alien, so the first version of the script when it was actually called Alien, not Starbeast, not Memory – what's fascinating is it's roughly 115 page script I think, and the chestburster scene actually happens on page 73 or 75? So very, very late in the story.

Corporal Hicks

It's not really due to how late the Alien shows up, it's just at that point in the story where the film falls down for me.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2019, 09:10:41 AM
It's not really due to how late the Alien shows up, it's just at that point in the story where the film falls down for me.

Yeah? I thought it was a problem. Well, i'm personally feel that Neo and Xeno both were not given deserved amount of screen time and speed-up life cycle is sign of it.

Don't consider me as annoying but how exactly movie falls down at that point? I only embarassed with handle of creatures.

Corporal Hicks

Aye. I thought the Alien felt too shoehorned in. I'd have preferred to have had all the creature feature time given to the Neomorphs.

The Old One

The Old One

It is shoehorned, it doesn't help that the Alien feels like a Neomorph in it's behaviour, and the scene of them fighting that was supposed to show the contrast between the two was cut.

I am glad at least we got that wonderful Chestburster scene and f**king finally an Alien on film with a design that isn't complete dogshit, which previously has been missing since 1992. Thank you Odd Studios and Alien Isolation's Creative Assembly.

I feel the entire final sequence aboard the Covenant shouldn't exist, it's just dull from the moment I see that dippy bird.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 18, 2019, 09:50:54 AMI am glad at least we got that wonderful Chestburster scene

I honestly thought the Chestburster scene was perhaps the most misguided thing in the entire movie. I would've laughed if I hadn't been groaning so hard.

It was definitely the point at which I basically lost interest in anything that happened thereafter.

The Old One

The Old One

I know, I believe you've remarked so before.

I love it, the soundtrack sells it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed