Your thoughts on the Strauses/Davis commentary?

Started by marrerom, Apr 19, 2008, 08:30:20 AM

Author
Your thoughts on the Strauses/Davis commentary? (Read 53,447 times)

StealthHunter

Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2008, 11:04:51 AM
Quote from: StealthHunter on Apr 19, 2008, 11:03:26 AM
Not all Predator fans are alike SiL. Trust me, some of us actually pay attention to reason & logic. ;)
Johnny generalised, I generalised. I love the Preds. I just hate Pred fans by and large. Many - Not most, just many - seem incapable of accepting maybe Predators aren't the be-all end-all of awesome. That maybe ... they can ... oh shit, I can't say it. But I have to. Maybe an Alien can ... hurt one of them.

I couldn't agree with you more. Stuff like that is f**king irritating.

I'm also a big Alien fan. So I guess the 'tards would say I'm not a "true fanboy".

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quotean exo-skeleton that only armor piercing rounds can crack
Why are you always talking shit that isnt there? It was clearly shown in avp-r that normal bullets can kill them.
And vasquez also killed one with an old gun, they also screamed like bitches when hicks was shooting at them with a normal day shotgun, which leads to the conclusion that they were hurt...
But no, they are perfect.

Too many alien fans close their eyes just so they can sleep better.

Le Celticant

QuoteBut no, they are perfect.

organism*

;)

Corporal Hicks

Heard of this thing called point-blank range? Here, I'll Wikipedia it.

In forensics and popular usage, point-blank range has come to mean extreme close range (i.e., target within about a meter (3 feet) of the muzzle at moment of discharge but not close enough to be an actual contact shot)[1]. Gunshot wounds from point-blank are identified by extensive powder burns as well as tissue damage from perforation by unburned grains of gunpowder.

Now...instead of there being no actual contact...there is actual contact. And bearing in mind she shot it in where our temples would be. One of the most vulnerable parts of our body. As for the shotgun, got nothing for that so touche.

But like us haters have been through many times, the stupid pistol hurting the Aliens are half of the reasons this film shouldn't be sent in the past. But that last comment, oh, the irony in that just made me laugh. I love it when you people attempt to be intelligent.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteHeard of this thing called point-blank range? Here, I'll Wikipedia it.
The shotgun isnt point blank range, and the guns in avp-r arent too.

Corporal Hicks

Was talking about the pistol. If you read my post you'd see you'd got me on the shotgun.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2008, 11:23:27 AM
Was talking about the pistol. If you read my post you'd see you'd got me on the shotgun.
Oops, sry.

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 11:14:10 AM
they also screamed like bitches when hicks was shooting at them with a normal day shotgun, which leads to the conclusion that they were hurt...
Johnny, biased? Naw, just look at how he talks - Screamed like bitches. That ain't biased! He's also ignoring the fact that a shotgun is hundreds of times more powerful than a pistol, and we never see how far away the Alien he's shooting at is, or where he hits, but hey! Shotgun!

Johnny Handsome

Hence why i never said anything about the alien being killed by the shotgun.
We see a grainy shot of hicks using the shotgun, and it looks like the alien isnt directly in front of him while he fires. Still, we hear them scream like arnold schwarzenegger. :)

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 11:31:18 AM
Hence why i never said anything about the alien being killed by the shotgun.
Yeah, but just because it's hurt doesn't mean it's anywhere near dead, or dying, or critically wounded, or even seriously wounded. You'd yell too if I whacked you on the head with a butter knife, but it's not going to cause any permanent damage, nor would it kill you any time soon.

Johnny Handsome

So now youre saying that a shotgun cant do any damage to an alien??

Ohh god where should one start with you fans... its sad  :'(
The sades thing is the alien fans always saying the pred fans think they are god like... :-[

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 11:36:48 AM
Reading comprehension. You fail at it.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2008, 11:39:18 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 11:36:48 AM
Reading comprehension. You fail at it.
I dont have any.
But you can swaddle your BS as many times as you can with wrapping paper, it will still be BS.

Thats what you said.

Le Celticant

Is it possible to back to the topic and stop this argue?
I think it's enough, all people have their position.
There is no true/wrong.

only thing true i know is 2+2=4 ...

so please, back to the topic and stop that.

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 11:41:27 AM
But you can swaddle your BS as many times as you can with wrapping paper, it will still be BS.

Thats what you said.
No, it isn't.

Dear God, you can be dense. You can be really smart. But when you want to be, you can be incredibly dense.

I was saying that just cos Hicks is seen hurting Aliens with a shotgun in Aliens doesn't mean modern weaponry would be able to kill an Alien. That's all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed