Your thoughts on the Strauses/Davis commentary?

Started by marrerom, Apr 19, 2008, 08:30:20 AM

Author
Your thoughts on the Strauses/Davis commentary? (Read 53,469 times)

marrerom

marrerom

the good:

1)one of the BS says that the aliens are "newly molting warriors" = an explanation as to why they are so weak and short imo.

2)one of the BS actually aknowledges the fact that "magically no acid gets on wolf" even though by all rights it should have during the hive battle.   

3)apparently they actually had some good ideas while making this movie because they:

A)wanted ricky to get torn in half bishop style
     B)wanted wolf to be totally f**ked up and covered with glowing blood for the roof fight
     c)wanted wolf's arm to be burned off by acid when chet was puking it all over him

they use budget constriants as the scapegoat for why these didnt happen. they should have just spent their money better.

the bad:

1)during the sewer battles one of the BS comments on how alien fans hate that scene because the aliens are weak and the other BS replies "well predators are just so damn strong"....its like they want us to hate them.

2)they continuesly mention throughout the movie how alien fans will hate this scene and that scene and when wolf crushes the aliens head with his foot one of the BS says " and here is where the alien fans walked out of the theater"

at least they arent fooling themselves into thinking that both groups of fans would like their movie.

the unforgivable:

1)they talk about the skinned predators in the crashed ship as if it had been a good idea, as if it had made sense! they lamented on how they werent able to show it...unbelievabe

2)they originally had wanted wolf to rip out chets tongue and jam it through her dome killing her. they thought that would have been cool....wow.

Johnny Handsome

Funny how you think the good parts are when the strause brothers are pro-alien and contra predator, and the things you hate are when they talk good about the predator. :P

2)they originally had wanted wolf to rip out chets tongue and jam it through her dome killing her. they thought that would have been cool....wow.
Well in fact, that sounds pretty cool.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 08:49:25 AM
Funny how you think the good parts are when the strause brothers are pro-alien and contra predator, and the things you hate are when they talk good about the predator. :P

i just know a good idea when i see one and showing the pred actually being damaged was a good idea.

Well in fact, that sounds pretty cool.
you obviously dont know a stupid idea when you see one  :P

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: marrerom on Apr 19, 2008, 08:52:44 AM

i just know a good idea when i see one and showing the pred actually being damaged was a good idea.

He has battle damage, his shoulder is bleeding when he fights chet and in the powerplant the alien tried to impale him but pushed him over the bar. He was injured there too.

And one of the reasons that the predator wasnt covered in green blood at the rooftop was because the blood wouldnt stick to his body with all the rain.

Quoteyou obviously dont know a stupid idea when you see one
Why a bad idea, i would have loved to see wolf darning the second jaw into chets ass. :P

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 08:56:47 AM
He has battle damage, his shoulder is bleeding when he fights chet and in the powerplant the alien tried to impale him but pushed him over the bar. He was injured there too.

but since he fell down the elevator shaft and would have had to fight that alien that fell with him, it was a good idea to have covered in blood.

QuoteAnd one of the reasons that the predator wasnt covered in green blood at the rooftop was because the blood wouldnt stick to his body with all the rain..

they could have done it CG if they had spent their money wiser.... :( i wish they had.

QuoteWhy a bad idea, i would have loved to see wolf darning the second jaw into chets ass.

just cause you like it doesnt make it any less stupid. 

Stalker

Stalker

At least the Strauses acknowledged some of the stupid parts of the film, although if they intentionally knew alien fans were going to be angry, why would they still go ahead with it?

As far as Wolf impaling the predalien with the inner jaw- it is quite unfeasible. An alien needs the muscle force behind the jaw to make it rigid, otherwise it just hangs limp, meaning that once it was ripped from Chet's mouth, it would be no more useful for stabbing than a piece of fleshy string.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quotejust cause you like it doesnt make it any less stupid.
Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its any less good :)

Quotethey could have done it CG if they had spent their money wiser....
Do you know how hard that is? The whole final fight with cg blood all over him...
That would be a hard ass money shot no matter how wise they would have spent the budget.

Obviously you dont know much of filmmaking or visual effects in general.

Uncanny Antman

It's more an issue of planning.

If they had foreseen the rain problem, they could have had a Wolf suit with the blood painted on properly, rather than a liquid applied to the surface.  They didn't think of it, it didn't happen, que sera sera.

There are shots in the featurettes of Wolf covered in blood during that sequence...looked pretty cool, pity it didn't eventuate.

Johnny Handsome

I believe that it would have been a cool idea and i would have been all for it, the suit thing would have maybe worked.

But to do that cg wise would have blown their budget and its damn tricky. Blood and liquid of all kinds are tricky to do and need a shitload of time.

By the way, do you have that picture?

Le Celticant

Well, as i said this movie insult Alien.
an example, Predator take in sewer two Alien by the neck, it pissed of alien faboy/fangirl (i don't forget you ladies ;) )
Now if we did the same with an alien who take by the neck two predator what's the rection? all predator fanboy/fangirl are pissed off...
This sort of scene just suck especially when the director said "maybe predator is stronger" it's absurd.
Just they prefer Predator than Alien (i can understand) they want direct the movie and fox give them the right (i can understand) and they want insult alien fanboy/fangirl just to proove predator is superior (hm... i don't understand there sorry BS.)

Brother Strause are just a shame for Alien & Predator, they can be great fan yes sure but Alien & Predator must have a balance or then the feeling of the movie is totaly out.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteNow if we did the same with an alien who take by the neck two predator what's the rection?
It happened much worse, one Alien Killed 2 predators, and the third one got impregnated a few minutes later.

Back in 04 no alien fan complained, no-one.
I dont have any discernment with them now.
Hence why i really enjoy all the bitching from them, all the whining and crying and cursing. I simply dont give a f**k.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 10:40:55 AM
QuoteNow if we did the same with an alien who take by the neck two predator what's the rection?
It happened much worse, one Alien Killed 2 predators, and the third one got impregnated a few minutes later.

Back in 04 no alien fan complained, no-one.
I dont have any discernment with them now.

I don't remember Grid take by the neck two predator at same time... did i miss something?  ???

Johnny Handsome

What about reading someones post more clearly. ;)

predwarNJ

He didn't say that. He said that the Grid Alien killed 2 predators by himself and then the 3rd got impregnated.

If an alien can kill 2 predators why can't a predator kill 2 aliens? hmmmmmm????

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Sorry then.
Anyway, i noticed Predator Fanboy/fangirl are more pissed off when they see a Predator killed by an Alien (hard to accept it maybe).
Well, during Celtic vs Grid battle i was disappointed... the fight was ok but no more. The end is terrible and it is a vision of the director (Paul Anderson) who prefer Alien than Predator and here we can feel it.
If the movie was balance, Grid Kill Gill, Celtic kill Grid, X Alien kill Celtic, Scar kill X Alien, Queen Kill Scar and Scar kill queen.
This adaptation could be a little more better with little more fight in the first movie (of course, it don't change the fact that storyline, and other stupid things are bad of course).

In AvP:R we have just 1 predator who kick the ass of all aliens.
Pretty unbalance isn't it?
If they want movie like that, they could direct a predator movie and let alien in peace...

Quote from: predwarNJ on Apr 19, 2008, 10:45:22 AM
He didn't say that. He said that the Grid Alien killed 2 predators by himself and then the 3rd got impregnated.

If an alien can kill 2 predators why can't a predator kill 2 aliens? hmmmmmm????

Ok but then why a predator can kill 20 alien and not an alien lol...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed