Could hardly see a thing
95 (50%)
Was pretty dark, but I could still see
61 (32.1%)
Don't see what the fuss is about
34 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author
The Darkness Problem (Read 91,905 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Ok, the darkness of this movie is obviously the main problem for some people. It was dark when I saw it in the cinema, but I personally didn't have any gripes with it, I could still see what I needed to see. The reason the movie is so dark was the BS intention, they wanted the thing dark and moody. It ain't Pearls fault, he's amazing at his job, it's just what he was told to do. Whether it will be too dark in DVD awaits to be seen, but after seeing those screen caps the thing looks ridiculously dark. As in the verge of annoying. 

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Didnt read your post but i voted the last one.

frenchpred

frenchpred

Don't see what the fuss is about ???

Keyes

Keyes

The darkness is a post-production thing. Compare those early trailers with the final film. I like how they changed the colours of the footage but not the darkness. The contrast is too low, even on the daytime scenes.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It was dark at some point of the movie but could still see though.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Apr 10, 2008, 05:10:36 PM
The darkness is a post-production thing. Compare those early trailers with the final film. I like how they changed the colours of the footage but not the darkness. The contrast is too low, even on the daytime scenes.

i agree with u if the movie would had stay they way it was on the red band trailer for example the movie would have looked awesome.....

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

There's no problem with Darkness! He runs a lovely Web site!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Apr 10, 2008, 05:10:36 PM
Compare those early trailers with the final film.

I agree with you on that, the trailers looked way better than the final cut. The store showdown clip had perfect picture quality, not too dark not too bright. The final cut was darkened much more for some strange reason, but......

Not to the point where I couldn't see anything or will cry about it on the internet. The picture quality was fine in the theaters. But again, the blu-ray copy doesn't come out until April 15th so until then everything is still speculation.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=696&show=review
^ The picture quality looks pretty good on blu-ray in this review.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quote^ The picture quality looks pretty good on blu-ray in this review.

Are you taking the piss?  They're still look way too dark, the Predator and Predalien are practically silhouettes.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 10, 2008, 05:28:02 PM
There's no problem with Darkness! He runs a lovely Web site!

Damn the wittiness of that Xenomorphine.  I had something similar in mind.  The glory that could've been mine...But yeah, the movie was dark.  Sewer scene comes to mind, the last fight.  Sporting good store, hospital...

LukaKovach

LukaKovach

I had a problem with it. A big problem. It pissed me off. Yeaaaaah.

Sirand

Sirand

No, the shitty script and bad acting was the main problem people had with it. Not being able to see a damn thing was just the icing on the crap-cake.

Obviously the Brothers Strause thought that by cranking up the darkness, it would magically give the film mood. Nope.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The main resson why it so dark because the power went out in the movie.

War Wager

War Wager

But from an audiences stand point, they prefer to actually see whats on the screen = powercut or not. Besides wasn't there a powercut in 30 Days Of Night? I can't remember having to turn up the brightness on the TV...

Sirand

Sirand

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 10, 2008, 06:46:21 PM
The main resson why it so dark because the power went out in the movie.

So?

You could see better in the Blair Witch Project and they had a freagin' flash light in the woods!

No excuse for this lousy movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed