Could hardly see a thing
95 (50%)
Was pretty dark, but I could still see
61 (32.1%)
Don't see what the fuss is about
34 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author
The Darkness Problem (Read 92,181 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: RumorControl on Apr 11, 2008, 02:06:03 AM
The only reason i thought they kept it dark is because the aliens are cleary men in suits in most scenes. I still hold that opinion. 

That's due to bad filmmaking.  The Aliens never looked like men in suits in any of the previous movies. 

We clearly saw the Alien suits in Alien 3, Alien Res, and AvP, and they looked awesome.  Only the CGI sucked.

QuoteEverything bad about AVPR all trails back to the cost IMHO

And lack of talent.

Thats what i mean, they didnt look like men in suits in any other movie, so they are masking their lack of talent with darkness.  Didnt work thought, they still look like men in suits.

Stalker

Stalker

I honestly didn't have any problems with the contrast or darkness of the movie when I saw it in theaters. Even in scenes like the sewer fight I could still easily tell what was going on.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I must say, the Blu-Ray shots look good. Let's wait 'n see.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 10, 2008, 05:40:36 PM
Damn the wittiness of that Xenomorphine. I had something similar in mind. The glory that could've been mine...

<Steals it.>

bobcunk

bobcunk

i saw it twice in the theater (once stoned out of my mind) and i never thought it was to dark.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sirand on Apr 10, 2008, 07:54:41 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 10, 2008, 06:46:21 PM
The main resson why it so dark because the power went out in the movie.

So?

You could see better in the Blair Witch Project and they had a freagin' flash light in the woods!

No excuse for this lousy movie.

I couldn't see a damn thing in BWP, especially when combined with the shaky camera.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Blair Witch Project was more daker then AVPR.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

As far as the DVD is concerned, I take back most of my recent defending of it.

Just showed the flick to my girlfriend (no, she didn't dump me because of it ;) ) and this time I had the lights on...and couldn't see a damn thing half the time.  This one really needs the right conditions to be watched properly.

That, and the movie gets worse and worse every time you watch it.  I feel kind of dirty right now.  :(

Master Chief

Master Chief

^ Kinda' like the way Ace Ventura felt when he found out that Einhorn was a man?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I'm not quite up to crying in the shower yet.  That'll be the **gulp**  ...next viewing.

severen76

severen76

So why do you keep watching it? It can't be doing your eyes any good with all the squinting. :-\

Master Chief

Master Chief

Same principle as a condom...He'd rather have one and not need it than need it and not have one.  Wait, that doesn't go to well to what your asking him does it?  It's the love that keeps bringing him and all of us back for more.

severen76

severen76

Did you just say you love AvP:R. ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Look into my eye  ;)

severen76

severen76

You crack me up sometimes. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed