Could hardly see a thing
95 (50%)
Was pretty dark, but I could still see
61 (32.1%)
Don't see what the fuss is about
34 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author
The Darkness Problem (Read 92,284 times)

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Sirand on Apr 10, 2008, 07:54:41 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 10, 2008, 06:46:21 PM
The main resson why it so dark because the power went out in the movie.

So?

You could see better in the Blair Witch Project and they had a freagin' flash light in the woods!

No excuse for this lousy movie.

Pluss in AvP (even though I know you hate it ;)) is set in pyramid and yet we still could see what was going off.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Indeed. You'd think being in a pyramid 2000 feet under the ground would be darker then a town without power, but...

Zero

Zero

Quote from: Sirand on Apr 10, 2008, 07:54:41 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 10, 2008, 06:46:21 PM
The main resson why it so dark because the power went out in the movie.

So?

You could see better in the Blair Witch Project and they had a freagin' flash light in the woods!

No excuse for this lousy movie.

The Blair Witch didn't even feature a monster and we loved it!

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

I don't see any problem with the movie darkness and anyways I praised it.
It gives a mood to the movie not just brightness. The tancolors and the
dark shades made you feel tence in some situatons. Either way, I saw what I needed to see.
Including Jesse's ass 8)

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 10, 2008, 08:29:55 PM
Indeed. You'd think being in a pyramid 2000 feet under the ground would be darker then a town without power, but...
There was a city-wide power outage here in Toronto about 6 or so years ago, shit was dark. It's like they were accurate in the intensity of darkness, but in AVP they used "movie darkness" where its dark but its still bright so the viewer can tell whats going on. Its a stylistic choice.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Rafael S. on Apr 10, 2008, 09:32:45 PM
I don't see any problem with the movie darkness and anyways I praised it.
It gives a mood to the movie not just brightness. The tancolors and the
dark shades made you feel tence in some situatons. Either way, I saw what I needed to see.
Including Jesse's ass 8)

Indeed ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The light didn't bother me that much. When I saw the film in HD, it was definitely a better picture.

Zero

Zero

The Darkness for me did give the film that requiem mood.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Zero on Apr 10, 2008, 09:46:07 PM

What, death?

Zero

Zero

Quote from: shakermakerman on Apr 10, 2008, 09:49:55 PM
Quote from: Zero on Apr 10, 2008, 09:46:07 PM

What, death?
Yes,I really don't see why some people just join to criticise the f**k ouf of AVP Requiem.It was an ok  combat-wise,could've been slightly improved storyline and such

TarheelPredator

TarheelPredator

This is the biggest problem I had with the movie.  I totally agree with the earlier points brought up about the trailer.  I rewatched the redband trailer after watching the movie in theatres and was just frustrated.  If the whole movie was the same darkness level of the trailer it would've been so much better.

I can't even make out things like the markings on the Wolf's mask in the movie unless I look really hard and then only at certain moments.  Why go into that much detail if you're going to just black it out anyways? 

XenoVC

XenoVC

Yeah The film was kinda dark,But The DVD is slightly SLIGHTLY Brighter

Highland

Highland

The only reason i thought they kept it dark is because the aliens are cleary men in suits in most scenes. I still hold that opinion. 

That and i'd assume it's cheaper to pull of a dark special effect than a lighter one. 

Everything bad about AVPR all trails back to the cost IMHO

RumorControl

RumorControl

The only reason i thought they kept it dark is because the aliens are cleary men in suits in most scenes. I still hold that opinion. 

That's due to bad filmmaking.  The Aliens never looked like men in suits in any of the previous movies. 

We clearly saw the Alien suits in Alien 3, Alien Res, and AvP, and they looked awesome.  Only the CGI sucked.

QuoteEverything bad about AVPR all trails back to the cost IMHO

And lack of talent.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I have I AM LEGEND on blu-ray, it looks freakin insane!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed