All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,790,677 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It was, but it still left me feeling hopeful about the possibilities.  Keep in mind, at that time Carrie Fisher was still alive and we had a lot of potentially interesting mystery boxes to wonder about.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I said it before and I will say it again  ::)

The future of Star Wars is in the music industry. So they should stop making movies, and start creating bands with fictional characters based on the galaxy far far away.  8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Max Rebo band needs to be a real thing that tours around.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 14, 2019, 03:36:12 AM
The Max Rebo band needs to be a real thing that tours around.

I f**kin second that motion. Also these guys  8)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 14, 2019, 02:15:25 AM
It was, but it still left me feeling hopeful about the possibilities.  Keep in mind, at that time Carrie Fisher was still alive and we had a lot of potentially interesting mystery boxes to wonder about.

I think JJs going wrap up his own boxes ( probably why he took the job back) then TLJ will just be known as the "we tricked you" movie.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Highland on Sep 13, 2019, 12:08:29 AM
True , but this story thread doesn't make sense. None of it. It's all left open or vague or not answered. We've got no baddie, the first order not even sure what they are all about, Rey being super strong, the Jedi texts thing....

So I'm kinda hoping JJ has engineered a way for this rabble to tie together somehow so when you watch the first two it actually means something in the bigger picture.

I really believe that if this wasn't Star Wars, TLJ wouldn't even get a sequel.  Disney spent one film retelling ANH and another one throwing twists at us that didn't really amount to much of a story at all. And now they need a third movie because the rest of the franchise dictates that it customary to have three.

On top of all of the issues mentioned above, I think that any reference to Knights of Ren will be gone and how Maz got Luke's light saber will never be told...Abrams will be too busy rectifying the damage that TLJ did to Luke first and then he's gotta reintroduce Palpatine as a central villain of this trilogy second.  This will take precedence over any of the other mysteries we've been given up to this point.

To salvage anything, Luke's force ghost will probably have to appear more generously than any other force ghost in a SW film...that'll be how Abrams fixes that character's treatment in TLJ. Then he's gonna re-establish Palpatine as the central villain of a trilogy he hasn't even been in.  And finally, he's gonna bring back Lando, another character we haven't seen since RotJ.

In essence, Episode IX will be wrapping up a story we were never even told in the first place.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How awesome will it be if Palpatine has been hanging out on Coruscant all this time?

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 15, 2019, 06:55:40 AM
In essence, Episode IX will be wrapping up a story we were never even told in the first place.

I generally enjoy the new films, but damn if this didn't make me laugh out loud.  :D

SM

SM

So much the same as the original trilogy?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SM on Sep 15, 2019, 08:45:39 PM
So much the same as the original trilogy?

Well, from a certain point of view...

Jango1201

Jango1201

Here's a theory I thought of today. I put it in a spoiler tag just in case because it's based off of rumors that may be potential spoilers.

Spoiler
I've heard rumors Palpatine is a clone in the Rise of Skywalker. What if, in RotJ, it was a Palpatine clone that was killed by Vader? After all, I don't think Palpatine would be stupid enough to put himself on a Rebel target they've exploited and destroyed once before.

Realizing he could be destroyed and his empire could fall, he set his plans in motion to decommission the Empire and retreat to the Outer Rim territories. There, he meets Snoke who he has felt in the force for so long and begins rebuilding the Empire as the First Order. This is based off events from the games and novels. Basically Palpatine felt the Empire should not exist without it's Emperor. Now, he has snoke as the First Order's figurehead and Palpatine can quietly pull the strings again from the background without putting himself in danger.

Now with Snoke dead, Kylo Ren being too much of a liability because of how unstable he is and the rebellion rebuilding, Palpatine has no choice but to step in himself and take control. Here is his reason for being in TROS.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

kwisatz

kwisatz

David made Rey.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

David made Snoke.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Snoke made the engineers

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed