User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: All Star Wars  (Read 2017735 times)

SM
Sep 21, 2020, 08:54:01 AM
Reply #24390 on: Sep 21, 2020, 08:54:01 AM
Q
Aw, thet kond of excent usn't something you just lose, bro.

SiL
Sep 21, 2020, 10:16:46 AM
Reply #24391 on: Sep 21, 2020, 10:16:46 AM
Q
Brew*

Biomechanoid
Sep 22, 2020, 01:33:52 AM
Reply #24392 on: Sep 22, 2020, 01:33:52 AM
Q

LUKE: Look, I can take you as far as Anchorhead. You can get a transport there to Mos Eisley or wherever you're going.

BEN: Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Has there ever been any SW stories taking place in Anchorhead, in any SW medium? Is Anchorhead similar to Mos Eisley....also filled with a wretched hive of scum and villainy?

Local Trouble
Sep 22, 2020, 05:14:52 AM
Reply #24394 on: Sep 22, 2020, 05:14:52 AM
Q
Has there ever been any SW stories taking place in Anchorhead, in any SW medium? Is Anchorhead similar to Mos Eisley....also filled with a wretched hive of scum and villainy?

The entire deleted sequence from ANH featuring Biggs was set at Tosche Station, which was supposedly on the outskirts of Anchorhead.  There's also the final chapter from the Legends novel Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Immortan Jonesy
Sep 23, 2020, 12:47:35 AM
Reply #24396 on: Sep 23, 2020, 12:47:35 AM
Q
Quote from: via People
"We’re living in a universe that is huge and there’s so much to explore," Esposito, 62, says in the clip above. "So I think this show is going to lay the ground work for the depth and breath that’s gonna come in season 3 and season 4, where you’re really gonna start to get answers."

https://twitter.com/people/status/1307845020695883777

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1308496045005926400

The journey might be fun. Hopefully  :-X

Nightmare Asylum
Sep 23, 2020, 12:50:42 AM
Reply #24397 on: Sep 23, 2020, 12:50:42 AM
Q
So Gilroy, who is responsible for "fixing" Rogue One and making it what it was, is now being removed from the project most directly spinning off from that film.

Got it!

DarthJoker45
Sep 23, 2020, 09:38:32 PM
Reply #24398 on: Sep 23, 2020, 09:38:32 PM
Q

THE HIGH REPUBLIC // SEPTEMBER 23, 2020

AN ELEGANT WEAPON: GET AN UP-CLOSE LOOK AT A LIGHTSABER FROM STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – EXCLUSIVE
FROM THE PAGES OF THE LIGHTSABER COLLECTION, SEE MASTER STELLAN GIOS’S JEDI WEAPON.

When it came to designing lightsabers for the High Republic era, Lucasfilm knew that they had to be special — elegant weapons for a more civilized age, as Obi-Wan Kenobi might say. So they took inspiration from one of the most legendary swords in storytelling.

“We wanted to make the Jedi distinctive and instantly recognizable as Jedi Knights of the High Republic, and that applies not only to their clothing but to their lightsabers, as well,” says Michael Siglain, Lucasfilm Publishing’s creative director. “Internally, we often refer to the Jedi of this era as ‘the Jedi Knights of the Round Table.’ Taking that idea one step further, their sabers can be viewed as their own versions of Excalibur.”

Star Wars: The High Republic, a storytelling epic that kicks off in January 2021, will tell stories set centuries prior to Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, during the very peak of the Jedi Order. But fans can get their first look at the lightsaber of Stellan Gios, a Jedi Master during the High Republic era, here on StarWars.com with this exclusive preview from Insight Editions’ The Lightsaber Collection, a compendium coming October 20 and available for pre-order now.

Following early explorations with artist Grant Griffin, Disney Publishing illustration manager Jeff R. Thomas further developed Stellan’s lightsaber hilt. “When designing Stellan’s lightsaber, I looked at the iconic lightsabers that have already been established,” Thomas says. “He needed an iconic weapon that could stand beside the other famous lightsabers, but at the same time be unique to him and evoke the time period of the High Republic.”

Thomas took special note of Kylo Ren’s cross-saber design as something befitting the era, but found it didn’t quite work for what he hoped to achieve.

“With the High Republic, we wanted to implement a more traditional crossguard, but I still wanted to include the saber-blade into the crossguard design, so that Stellan would be able to defend himself against saber attacks. That’s where Excalibur came into play,” Thomas says. “What would a lightsaber version of Excalibur look like? I started sketching and came up with a silhouette I really liked, but the practicality of holstering/sheathing it nagged at me until I had the idea that the crossguard didn’t have to be stationary. Perhaps it could activate or deactivate with the saber. So after some more sketches and some back and forth with Lucasfilm, it was decided that the crossguard would activate as opposed to always being open, which would give the saber the slimmer silhouette while holstered and would lend itself to some great visuals when activating.”

The end result is a bold, beautiful new take on the lightsaber. Gold plays prominently in the design of Stellan’s weapon, including decorative accents that echo the trim seen on Jedi robes of the time, while the crossguard elements reveal the high level of artistry during the High Republic era. It’s definitely a lightsaber, but one we haven’t seen before.

“As with everything connected to the High Republic, it was all very collaborative, and also a great deal of fun,” Siglain says. “Jeff delivered a truly amazing design, then the incredible folks at Insight Editions, including artist Lukasz Liszko, translated Jeff’s work into a beautiful photorealistic version for The Lightsaber Collection, and we couldn’t be happier.”

Obi-Wan would approve, we think.

The Lightsaber Collection arrives October 20 and is available for pre-order now.

Visit Lucasfilm’s official hub for all things Star Wars: The High Republic at StarWars.com/TheHighRepublic.

Dan Brooks is Lucasfilm’s senior content strategist of online, the editor of StarWars.com, and a writer. He loves Star Wars, ELO, and the New York Rangers, Jets, and Yankees. Follow him on Twitter @dan_brooks where he rants about all these things.

Source: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic-lightsaber

Prez
Sep 24, 2020, 09:35:40 AM
Reply #24400 on: Sep 24, 2020, 09:35:40 AM
Q
Going to see ROTJ in the cinema this weekend hopefully!
Saw Empire about 2 weeks ago with my 9 year old daughter. First time I've seen it on the big screen since 1997. Looked amazing.

Gazz
Oct 02, 2020, 09:01:18 AM
Reply #24401 on: Oct 02, 2020, 09:01:18 AM
Q
Hey, just thought I would leave the latest episode of the show here. We try to take a look at The Rise of Skywalker but kinda get lost along the way. This one was a bitch to edit. The raw audio clocked in at four and a half hours over three separate sessions due to further information that kept coming to light. So unlike JJ Abrams and Disney, we felt it best not to edit these two episodes down to a single incomprehensible mess.

https://twitter.com/PopcornDigest/status/1311952005443846144

Prez
Oct 02, 2020, 12:55:07 PM
Reply #24402 on: Oct 02, 2020, 12:55:07 PM
Q
Going to see ROTJ in the cinema this weekend hopefully!
Saw Empire about 2 weeks ago with my 9 year old daughter. First time I've seen it on the big screen since 1997. Looked amazing.

And we did just this on Wednesday night. Was magical seeing my all time favourite film on the big screen again especially with my young daughter (a first for her).

That speeder bike and final battle above Endor never looked so f**king glorious.

And yes even after all these decades I still get teary when Anakin looks upon Luke with his own eyes.

Thank you George.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed