Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 15, 2019, 06:24:05 PM
The baby!!! SO ADORABLE

I concur. Where can I get one?

Spoiler
Hopefully they make a robot toy.

[close]

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I haven't watched Mando yet, but I've been playing the new Fallen Order game, I'm maybe halfway through and the story here is a lot better than the ST so far.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Failure is the best teacher.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 17, 2019, 09:10:18 PM
Failure is the best teacher.
If only that was the story of Rey

Prez

Prez

Spoiler
As a kid in 1977 seeing the Jawas and becoming obsessed with them (and that Sandcrawler) this episode of The Mando was so much fun. Disintegrating Jawas ... made me laugh a lot! They really are little pricks though. Baby Yoda is a the show stealer though. That frog eating scene was hilarious and my 9 year old daughter found it gross and funny too. I like how this Mandalorian is not an invincible warrior but has incredible determination ... shades of Jango's battle with the Reek in AOTC.
[close]

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Finished both episodes of Mando last night and finished up Fallen Order. Mando feels a lot like Rogue One and I think thats a good thing. Fallen Order very easily could have been it's own series of movies or a TV show, at lewast thats how good I found the story to be.

These are how you do Star Wars right imo.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

TROS sounds like a disaster if the rumors are true.  Maybe they should push back the release so they have time to get it right (or as right as it can be given the crap that came before it).

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Rudiger on Nov 15, 2019, 08:58:18 AMAnd as for hunting down the bounty, the words "super easy, barely an inconvenience" spring to mind.
All that setup with Carl Weathers and Werner Herzog, a mission so difficult that the client needs the best bounty hunter in the parsec.... and the Mandy finds the correct location and the asset in 10 minutes of screen time.  :D

I'm not impressed with the writing so far. It's all visuals and some cool looking action scenes for now. And a cute character that will sell out as a plush toy at Galaxy's Edge. Are they going to start telling a character driven story soon or do we have to wait for episode 7 for that?  :)

The Old One

The Old One

A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More & The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. With that inspiration I'm not expecting episode by episode character development, and the guy failed as often as he succeeded. Perhaps we're grasping at pearls and seeing stuff that isn't present after the trashfire of the sequel Trilogy, but it's got a while to go yet.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: Eva on Nov 18, 2019, 10:40:53 PM
Quote from: Rudiger on Nov 15, 2019, 08:58:18 AMAnd as for hunting down the bounty, the words "super easy, barely an inconvenience" spring to mind.
All that setup with Carl Weathers and Werner Herzog, a mission so difficult that the client needs the best bounty hunter in the parsec.... and the Mandy finds the correct location and the asset in 10 minutes of screen time.  :D

I'm not impressed with the writing so far. It's all visuals and some cool looking action scenes for now. And a cute character that will sell out as a plush toy at Galaxy's Edge. Are they going to start telling a character driven story soon or do we have to wait for episode 7 for that?  :)

It's like watching a bunch of cut scenes from a video game.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Eva on Nov 18, 2019, 10:40:53 PM

To be fair, Boba Fett found the Millennium Falcon pretty quickly too.  I guess the best bounty hunters just make it look easy.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wonder if the people heavily praising Baby Yoda are the same ones who wouldn't shut up about how much they hated the Porgs before Last Jedi was even out. :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah probably, but "The Child" serves a story purpose.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't think the new EU ever accounted for Yaddle...

The Old One

The Old One

Ahaha, perhaps it's just ignored.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed