All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,791,368 times)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 15, 2019, 12:48:45 PM
Now, I know that running a site like this is not an easy task, but at the same time the people behind are a group of humans beings, and you know that no one is perfect.

It's still infinitely better than the script/code moderation systems like IMDB had. There were little to no real people moderating those forums. Criteria and thresholds were coded for a web bot to moderate. Members were easily able to manipulate the system once they figured out what the bot code values were. They could have other members posts deleted that didn't even violate their forum rules, or reporting on-topic links as spam or reporting posts that quoted movie dialogue that contained profanity.

You just have to learn the styles of each human controlled moderation forum. For example, this forum is pretty tight about containing spoilers. Very few spoilers slip through the cracks. I also participate at movieforums.com for six years now and it's a free for all on spoilers over there. Sometimes they might post a warning there's a spoiler in their post, but many just throw it out there with no warning. And they all seem to be good with it. I don't actively seek spoilers, but if I stumble across them, it really nothing to me.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There is a new petition asking for a Kotor movie with Keanu Reeves as Revan :-X

The Old One

The Old One

Jus' get Copyplays to do it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Statement: Your actions make me proud to be a Kotor fan.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What if they omit HK-47?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

NB4 Kathleen Kennedy fires Benioff and Weiss over the GOT finale

All like, Infirm of purpose! Give me the daggers!

Spoiler
I'm joking.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Based on the notorious buzz that's out there if true, what is worse for Star Wars?

D&D believing six episodes were all what was needed to give GoT a great, proper ending and anymore episodes would be overkill to the story?

Or

D&D deliberately short changed the last season(s) of GoT and its fans for strictly personal gain?

Vertigo

Vertigo

I don't think there's any truth in the claim that GoT was shortened to get D&D to Star Wars faster. This last season of Thrones may have had less episodes, but the production period was a lot longer than usual. The season before that, again, less episodes but a longer-than-usual production. We've known both these seasons would be shorter since mid-2016, but the announcement about the Star Wars series only happened in early 2018, when season 8 was halfway through filming.

So unless the Benioff/Weiss Star Wars series has been in pre-prod for years before its announcement, I'm pretty sure there's zero substance behind the allegation.

My opinion, they didn't have enough pre-written material, and the writers weren't up to devising Martinian plotting. Quite why they didn't get Martin himself in the writers' room, I don't know, but IMO that omission was a big mistake.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I dont know. I remember reading James Cameron was getting involved with Terminator 6 over a year before it was even announced.

I am not saying I know what happened in this case but I believe films can be in development for years before greenlit announcements are finally made.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps, but yes I agree the omission of GRRM's input is a major misstep Vertigo.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: The Old One on May 20, 2019, 10:43:44 PM
Perhaps, but yes I agree the omission of GRRM's input is a major misstep Vertigo.

Not sure how that would have worked. TV writing is incredibly fast paced. GRRM is a man that takes his time.

Looks like a shrewd move by him to stay clear. Book sales preserved.

Vertigo

Vertigo

GRRM wrote several episodes during the first few seasons.

Presumably that also means being part of the writers' room, which is more about working up ideas than layering prose.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Huh, I didn't know GRRM worked on it.
But it shows in retrospect.

SM

SM

I was wondering what happened to those guys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed