extended vs unrated?

Started by zhunt, Mar 04, 2008, 06:23:30 AM

Author
extended vs unrated? (Read 7,396 times)

zhunt

zhunt

ive been hunting around online to see the various versions of avpr that are coming out. can someone tell me is the "unrated" version and then "extended combat" version the same thing? there is some mention of an extended version, is this what is known as the extended combat version? is the unrated version the same length as the extended version, (im hearing 20 mins or so got cut). which ones are which? id like to watch it thru in its entirety, not watching deleted scenes later on, so just curious if these 2 versions are in fact the same but just called different things for release in different countries?

Xhan

Xhan

Apparently they one and the same, of the twenty or so minutes that got cut, you can expect to see about 8 give or take, the rest they didn't like at all, and will not be appearing in a continuous cut of the film.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

The 12 minutes that's not included in the film, will however be found in the Uk special features (by it's self)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

So many versions, so little relevancy... ::) :D

Master

Master

It just shows what is the most important for FOX. To make more money with thesame shity film.

Richman678

Richman678

yeah dude no matter what you still get the same craptacular film!

zhunt

zhunt

Quote from: Master on Mar 04, 2008, 07:44:47 PM
It just shows what is the most important for FOX. To make more money with thesame shity film.

yeah well i was dumb enough to buy avp straight away, single disc, then the 2 disc special edition came out, now im seeing a "definative collectors" edition. same with the single predator flicks, seem to be many many versions of pred 1 and 2, they keep renaming them , adding 1 or 2 things, change artwork and pump out more.

agentdc7

agentdc7

I'm pretty sure the extra few minutes are meaningless talk between the towns people and probably no extra action with the lights off.  It's rather funny how some people will start saying (and i've seen it here) "I can't wait!  These extras deleted scenes will make the movie good!!!"

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Yeah, putting a golden necklace on a piece of shit, still doesn't change a fact that it's still a piece of crap.

Bza

Bza

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 19, 2008, 09:49:04 AM
Yeah, putting a golden necklace on piece of shit, still doesn't change a fact that it's a still piece of crap.

Ie: You cant polish a turd.

Master

Master

Prepare for AvP3. I`m sure that it will be even worse.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Master on Mar 19, 2008, 10:50:24 AM
Prepare for AvP3. I`m sure that it will be even worse.

Well, I would say that I would hope that this one would find a DVD-only release, but the 100-million worth fanbases will make this one an unfortunately visible and money-earning release...

I never thought I would have to lower by standards heel-high to watch an even barely watchable movie by those awfully low standards... How did it come to this?  ::) :o :(

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

There is a little more violence on this new DVD.  And that 12 minutes we're not getting back include the two black kids running for their lives that we saw in the "Dr. Dolittle"-looking photos.  I, for one, am happy about that...  I know many of you didn't like the film, but believe it or not, there are things they could add to it to make it even worse. :P

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

Quote from: necrotard on Mar 22, 2008, 02:42:45 PM
And that 12 minutes we're not getting back include the two black kids running for their lives that we saw in the "Dr. Dolittle"-looking photos.  I, for one, am happy about that...

thank god!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Call it the 'Lucas Effect'. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed