Arcturian Poontang

Started by Pax, May 08, 2007, 09:32:57 PM

Author
Arcturian Poontang (Read 29,584 times)

SM

SM

I considered that but found it unlikely.

QuoteMark "Conan" Stevens, (also my top vote for a Pred actor) has a website he runs from Thailand, and he actually talks about that sort of thing going on there. Could give some insight on Acturian culture...

http://www.conanstevens.com/tall-actors-giant-life/tall-giant-in-thailand/10-top-ways-to-spot-a-ladyboy-katoey-in-thailand.html

Ref: My post way back about Patpong Rd.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2007, 04:34:47 AM
All that means is you need to get out more.

Ah, no...  This is the Aliens universe.  I think I would kill myself if they turned it into Star Trek.  

QuoteNo, it's a HUGE difference if their sentient or not.  Finding intelligent life on another planet is extremely remote, but finding animals would be more common.

Why?
[/quote]

See the drake equation.

SM

SM

Never mind equations.  There's already another sentient species.  Possibly two if one counts AvP.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2007, 04:41:29 AM
Never mind equations.  There's already another sentient species.  Possibly two if one counts AvP.

You mean the Jockeys?

SM

SM

Yes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The universe is a big place...I'm sure there's more than 3 sentient species. Well, 4 if we count Aliens. Which I guess we can.

Pax

Pax

I've got no problem with Arcturus being a spot for a little marine R&R, nor that they were joking with Frost by calling him gay (whether he actually was or not - probably irrelevant).  That all I pretty much took as a given anyway.

I've known some military guys, so I know the type; hell, me and my friends regularly do the same type of thing.  You don't have to be in the army to point at a friend, go "ha ha ur gay" and giggle.

Plus, I was pretty much making Arcturus into a kind of "space Hong Kong" in an interstellar Vietnam-area for my game.  There's lot of anti-colonial rebellion in that region of space, and Arcturus is the biggest colony in the area, so it's where the Colonial's take their furloughs.

Of course, that's all equivalent to fan fiction, as Meathead said, so it doesn't really many anything for the movie-verse as a whole.  In general, however, with Space Jockey's about (somewhere, or maybe only in the past), Aliens (which may or may not be sentient, but are definitely dangerously intelligent), and maybe Predators (if you swing that way), I thought it would be interesting to play in the sandbox a little and let there be a few more non-major alien races scattered about.

It can kind of add to the "corporate exploitation" theme; the Company comes in to a habited planet, talks nice to the local aliens, and then pulls an interstellar American Indians on them.  

Damn the man!

-Pax

Bishop2

Bishop2

* As discussed in the mess hall in Aliens.

Do you think that these are another race of aliens that humans know about and have contact with?  Or are they simply people of a particular origin - maybe some people who were born and raised on a certain colony - in the same sense that people can be "Hawaiians" or "Australians"?

My impression from the dialogue is that this is probably another alien race (since apparently both men and women look equally feminine), also probably humanoid if we can have sex with them.

SM

SM

My opinion is they're an androgynous extraterrestrial species, but ultimately who or what they are is unknown.

I think the old Aliens RPG describes them as a barely sentient humanoid hive based species.

maledoro

maledoro

Since it was made clear to Ridley Scott by the producers that the Alien universe wasn't a Star Trek or Star Wars universe with all kinds of humanoid aliens running about, I felt that the Arcturians were just colonists in the Red Light district of the galaxy in the Arcturus system who have a reputation for being blatantly sexual.

Also, with James Cameron making comments about peoples' attitudes toward sex in the time of Aliens being more relaxed, I also felt that Frost might have been AC/DC and didn't mind accidentally hooking up with a convincing tranny after learning about his gender.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

well...always thought it was sometihng they ate...like an alien animal lol i might have to pay attition to that part alot more lol

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Aug 20, 2007, 01:19:48 AM
well...always thought it was sometihng they ate...like an alien animal lol i might have to pay attition to that part alot more lol
Well, I'll tell you that Poon Tang wasn't a new flavor of a well-known powdered drink once used by astronauts...

SM

SM

QuoteI also felt that Frost might have been AC/DC and didn't mind accidentally hooking up with a convincing tranny after learning about his gender.

Indeed.  He did have 'Heath' painted on his armour after all.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I always got the notion that humankind in the Aliens universe had never encountered or contacted extraterrestrial species before - except for vague remnants.  Which is why the company have a policy of investigating anything of a possible intelligent origin. 

Certainly they have encountered other species of aliens, that aren't intelligent.  The comment by Hudson "another bug hunt" seems to confirm this.

Meathead320

Meathead320

YOU GUYS ARE READING INTO THIS WAY TOO FAR.

The Infantry guys always joke about sex, constantly.

I know this for a FACT.

Anywhere they go they try to get laid.

If the culture and customs of whatever area they are in put them in a possible situation to get laid, they will.

The joke about "the one you had was male", is just a jab calling him "gay".

Does not mean he nailed a tranny, or a Hermaphrodite, it is just saying "haha you screwed a dude and your gay".  He is just making a JOKE.

Acturians are probably just another Colony outpost, and when they were on a Similar mission as the one to Hadely's Hope (except for the aliens), actually just having a small situation like a downed transmitter, they stayed for a while, posted there, and had sex with the locals. Called "getting poontang".

That's it, Acturians are human colonists. They Marines had sex with some of them. Probably all were actually female.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed