Arcturian Poontang

Started by Pax, May 08, 2007, 09:32:57 PM

Author
Arcturian Poontang (Read 29,601 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 11, 2007, 06:34:15 AM
The "one you had was male" and "it don't matter if it's Arcturian" implies otherwise.

Well that could mean a lot of things.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on May 11, 2007, 06:34:15 AM
The "one you had was male" and "it don't matter if it's Arcturian" implies otherwise.

NO IT DOES NOT.

That is the sort of thing both Marines and Soldiers say as JOKES.

You guys are digging WAY too deep into this.

"the one you had was male", just is a Joking way of saying 'ha ha, you screwed a dude", and he was joking, pretty much calling him gay.

He may have just meant that the women on the Arcturian colony are fugly and the men are pussies too.

That simple. He was making a JOKE.

Pax

Pax

Meh, it's fine to say, "Oh, they're just colonists, synthetics, etc," and, "the marines were just ragging on each other," but I like to take such hints about the broader universe and interpet them as something a little more, y'know, interesting, especially when it involves coming up with material for a RPG I'm running.

Besides, you have to remember: anything is better than raping deformed mole people.  ;)

-Pax

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Pax on May 13, 2007, 02:34:18 AM
Meh, it's fine to say, "Oh, they're just colonists, synthetics, etc," and, "the marines were just ragging on each other," but I like to take such hints about the broader universe and interpet them as something a little more, y'know, interesting, especially when it involves coming up with material for a RPG I'm running.

Besides, you have to remember: anything is better than raping deformed mole people.  ;)

-Pax

Dude,

You can still flesh out the fan fiction WITHOUT having to turn an offhanded joke into something rediculous about mutations that Marines rape.  ::)

Just have Acturia be an outpost as a large colonized planet, and they were thee on a base, similar to the ones the USA has in other countries.

The guy went out on the town there and got laid. Maybe the place has a high populations of transvestites, and once in a while a Joe goes back and find out he got picked up by a bloke. Sort of like what can happen in Thailand with a % of men living as women.

SM

SM

QuoteNO IT DOES NOT.

YES IT DOES.

I used the word "IMPLIES".  Many people have ASSUMED Arcturians are NON-HUMAN, so the IMPLICATION is rather obvious.

Is it definate?  No, but no one ever said it was.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on May 13, 2007, 09:51:26 PM
QuoteNO IT DOES NOT.

YES IT DOES.

I used the word "IMPLIES".  Many people have ASSUMED Arcturians are NON-HUMAN, so the IMPLICATION is rather obvious.

Is it definate?  No, but no one ever said it was.

Have you ever served in the Military? Any combat units?

I have, and I can say that what I got out of that conversation was very straightforward and simple.

You are dealing with a time period where these guy may get stationed on other colonies for periods of time.

One may be like what Japan is like for Marines and Soldies today. They go out on the town, and get laid.

So now replace places like Japan with Acturia.

Same story.

They are having breakfast, eating nast stuff, and one o the guys says, "I wish I were having some more of that Acturian poontang", infantry translation "i wish I were eating pussy instead of this".

Other guys will then make follow up comments, such as using it to give eachother shit, "the one you had was male", is jokingly calling him gay.

Not to different from jokes like "no, have you?"

SM

SM

QuoteHave you ever served in the Military? Any combat units?

Any space combat units that visit other planets?

What you say is well and good, but we're talking about slightly expanded horizons than Japan.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2007, 04:03:24 AM
QuoteHave you ever served in the Military? Any combat units?

Any space combat units that visit other planets?

What you say is well and good, but we're talking about slightly expanded horizons than Japan.

Basically what you're saying is that the Alien universe is like the Star Trek universe.  This has not been established in any of the movies.  It's actually a lot more like Firefly - with different human colonies.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Thats fine, it may just be a colony and not some nation.

Either way, that is the sort of comments that socially happen.

"the one you had was male" is nothing more than saying "ha ha you're gay".

The I see fanfic like walking legs with genetals etc.. and I  ::)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I always just figured the Arcturans were colonists...I mean, it does stem from their discussion of dumb-ass colonists, and there's very little suggestion that they're some weird-o shit aliens.

But oddly enough, I never had any problem with the 'another bug-hunt' reference.

In my opinion, the universe the stories are set in contains otherwordly species (the aforementioend bugs) but no sentient life.  (Other than Earth originated, natch.)

This is supported by the bug-hunt reference (establishing that aliens are known to exist) and the "How could they cut the power, they're animals, man!" line from Hudson, which shows his shock that some alien could possibly think of something so calculated.

All IMO, of course.

SM

SM

QuoteIt's actually a lot more like Firefly - with different human colonies.

We know there are extraterrestrial species from Hudson's comment about bug hunts and "whoopy f**king do" Ripley saw an Alien once.  Having some of these as sentient or semi-sentient isn't a stretch in the slightest.

And no I'm not saying it's like Star Trek...  ::)

Quote"the one you had was male" is nothing more than saying "ha ha you're gay".

Considering Frost has "Heath" on his armour this isn't a stretch either.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2007, 04:20:08 AM
QuoteIt's actually a lot more like Firefly - with different human colonies.

We know there are extraterrestrial species from Hudson's comment about bug hunts and "whoopy f**king do" Ripley saw an Alien once.  Having some of these as sentient or semi-sentient isn't a stretch in the slightest.

No, it's a HUGE difference if their sentient or not.  Finding intelligent life on another planet is extremely remote, but finding animals would be more common.

QuoteAnd no I'm not saying it's like Star Trek...  ::)

Humans and aliens living together and having sex sounds like Star Trek to me.

SM

SM

All that means is you need to get out more.

QuoteNo, it's a HUGE difference if their sentient or not.  Finding intelligent life on another planet is extremely remote, but finding animals would be more common.

Why?

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2007, 04:20:08 AM

Considering Frost has "Heath" on his armour this isn't a stretch either.

Lots of possibilities there.

Could have been his first name.

May be a buddy of his who died and he remembers him this way.

Could be some in-joke.

Or he could be gay.

There are lots of people in the military these days that I would figure were gay, actually I am pretty sure my old Platoon Sergeant was gay too, and in some units, like the way mine ran, no one really gave a shit.

There were more jokes about it than anything else.

You would hear and say things like "hey, you two, get over here before I rape the both of you".

Just goofy joking you see in some combat units. Some of the stuff we did/said would be borderline comedy movie antics besides the fact we were in Route Irish Bahgdad, and that is not the safest place on earth to be.

Interestingly enough, and to show how close to home this is, my squad leader actually had met a girlfriend from Thailand.

They had an "internet relationship" for several months.

Well, one day when they were webccaming, Sergeant Paul found out something interesting about his Thai girlfriend.

Their relationship did not last, and WE as his Squad NEVER let him live it down after he told us. NO one got mad or anything, but we would joke about it with him non-stop, sort of like a running gag.

Mark "Conan" Stevens, (also my top vote for a Pred actor) has a website he runs from Thailand, and he actually talks about that sort of thing going on there. Could give some insight on Acturian culture...

http://www.conanstevens.com/tall-actors-giant-life/tall-giant-in-thailand/10-top-ways-to-spot-a-ladyboy-katoey-in-thailand.html

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

'Heath' could quite easily be short for Heather, also.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed