Alien on Board

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 07, 2007, 08:18:03 PM

Author
Alien on Board (Read 3,350 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I had to do an assignment in my creative wrting class my senior year that had to be an allusion of a popular story. I talked to my teacher and asked if I could do one to Alien and she said yes. So i gave it a go. In no way am I a good writer. I haven't read this in over 2 years, I just came across it when I was cleaning up my computer. Let me know what ya think. I don't think it is all that good. Constructive critism is welcome!
It is not totally Alien related but you will see similarities.

Alien On Board

The men were talking as they were gathering the rocks on the planet Pluto.
"Let's get this done... I want to go to sleep!" exclaimed one of the cargo gatherers of the deep space cargo liner, Odin.
   "Yeah... I hear ya," answered the other cargo gatherer. "I didn't get my coffee today."
   During this little chat they were having, the two men were controlling a robotic arm that would pick up the rocks outside and put them inside the ship. These rocks were studied on the ship and brought back to their home planet to be used to find new resources or cures for disease.
   On the way back home these rocks were sterilized... Because we all know you do not want to bring a harmful foreign illness home... Nobody wants that on his or her gravestone. The two men finished their job. They probably had the easiest job on the ship... Push a few buttons... Drink some coffee.
   Out of the fifteen crewmembers there were only three women and twelve men, you might guess that there was a lot of sexual harassment going on. This made all the women very uncomfortable, and hate their job. A deep space cargo liner and nowhere to go, so you can imagine some of the things that go on.
   There was something new though... There are now sixteen passengers. This new passenger was thought to be a rock but it is far from a rock. It is an egg. This egg is a different story on its own... It is living being. It has a skin like shell and pulsing veins through out its body. But it is so cold on Pluto that it was frozen in time. Easily mistaken to be a simple rock of another world. Now passenger number sixteen was thawing out.  Coming back to life...
   Bubba... Bubba was a special man. He was born with mental retardation. He had a large build though. He probably would have been an athlete if it weren't for his... Condition. He had a lazy eye and talked funny and also talked to himself quite often. The scientists of the ship used Bubba as the muscle... To bring the rocks to them.
   "Okay Bubba... D... Don't mess dis one up dis time okay?" he said to himself" I don't think M... Ma... Mr. Doctor Man didn't like it too much when ya dropped da rock on his lil foot!"
   He was on one of his usual missions to go get the rocks. But this time... It was going to be different, because of our sixteenth passenger.
   All Bubba had to do was pick up the rocks and stick them in the transport tubes to move them across the ship, and then take them to the lab. But the rocks were around two feet tall and a foot wide each... So they were pretty heavy even for a large man like Bubba.
   He moved about three or four before he took a break. He was sitting down for a drink of water when he heard a quick sound. It sounded kind of like a creaking wooden floor. The egg... It opened. The top opened up, like a blossoming flower. Bubba finally figured out what the noise was, and like a curious cat, or child... He went to inspect it.
   Peeping inside the egg he saw what looked like a chunk of a wet piece of meat that looked as if it was breathing or pulsating.
   But before Bubba could absorb any more information... From under the meat chunk, a small spider-like creature leapt out of the egg and wrapped its legs perfectly around his face, knocking him to the ground. He didn't even have time to realize what happen or even scream. Bubba went into a coma...
   He didn't know that the thing hugging his face with its tail wrapped around his neck tightly... Had a tube down his throat and something else was growing inside his chest.
Ten hours later Bubba awoke with a gasp for air. Lying on the ground next to his face was a dead looking spider-like creature from the egg... It was dead. The alien startled him. And he stood up quickly. But before he could do anything further. He felt a sharp pain in his chest. He heard some crunching, and then some cracking, he looked down to his chest and saw blood pouring down his upper body. He was then knocked down from a blast in his chest that felt like and looked like it was from a shotgun... But from within.
Lying on the ground Bubba had just enough energy to get one more look at his wound. He looked enough to see a little snake with no eyes and a smooth head crawl out of his chest covered in his own blood... It looked at him. It wasn't much bigger than his hand. And with that Bubba died... Now the crew of The Odin was fifteen again.
After the birthing of our new, fifteenth passenger, nothing changed much. Nobody noticed that Bubba was missing. Because nobody ever paid any attention to him, unless he was needed for something. So needless to say, he wasn't missed
Since nobody went out to search for Bubba, this gave the alien time to grow. It took only two days for it to fully grow into an adult but not a normal adult... A Queen.
She was about fifteen to twenty feet tall with a very long tail that looked like a human spine with a stinger at the end of it. She could walk on two legs like a man and she had two extremely long and large arms, like a man... And two more arms on her chest, really small thin arms, kind of like those of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. She had a head that didn't look like it should fit on her neck... Her head was about half he size of her body with a flat but rigid top and spike like points off the sides. I would say it was like a crown. Her face... She had no eyes. But a large jaw and mouth with huge teeth. In her mouth she had a secondary jaw... Like a tongue with another mouth on it.
As soon as she had fully grown, she started laying eggs, like the one that she came from. She was just like a queen bee or ant... She ran the whole show. She was the mother.
About five days, after Bubba disappeared, somebody finally realized Bubba was gone. So one of the cargo gatherers was sent to the cargo storage room to look for him. When he entered that room he noticed an awful stench. At that moment he knew something wasn't right. The lights in the room were out... But the room was hot like an oven. There was a constant low hissing sound that never stopped. The man was sweating uncontrollably, a little bit because of fear but mainly from the heat.
He was incredibly nervous. So he pulled out his radio. "Can I get somebody else down here with me?" he asked. "The powers out in here."
"Gotcha..." said someone in return, "I'm on my way"
He couldn't figure out who answered his call but he didn't bother to ask. It was probably one of the mechanics. After a while he started to think the hissing sounded like breathing... He was right, he just didn't know it.
There was a sudden creaking sound behind him. He turned around quickly, dropping his radio.
He couldn't see a thing. He couldn't see the spider-like creature lunging swiftly and silently at his face. He felt the finger like legs wrap around his head and a tail wrap tightly and securely around his neck. He was as good as dead.
This event repeated itself many times until half the crew was dead. No one could explain the disappearances of the eight crew members. After those eight were gone people stopped going to inspect and they stayed away from the cargo room. There were no weapons on The Odin to protect them since it was a cargo ship. There was no need for things like weapons. They could not defend themselves against the foreign passengers. But they didn't know about those other passengers to begin with.
The Queens eight children were all grown up now. They looked a lot like their mother but only about eight or nine feet tall. Their heads were banana shaped with a shell like top that was shiny and barely able to be seen through... Their skin was as black as night and as hard as a rock. They were swift and silent. Incredibly strong. Extremely deadly. They had acid for blood and that made for an awesome defense mechanism. They have no emotion. Their only desires were to server their mother and survive.
Every once and a while the Queen would have her children, or drones, gather her some hosts for her children to breed. The children would either injure the crewmembers or paralyze them with the poison in their tails. Slowly but surely the crews number was getting smaller and smaller. But the foreign crew grew larger.
The crew is now one human and fourteen aliens... The human was a female. Her name was Rebecca. After the crew started being taken, eventually someone had to see the aliens, and she had. She was all alone in a large cargo liner, with no escape pods. She is trapped with death on board. She had no defense against them. She can only run or hide. Her only hope was that the ship got to its destination and she is saved... Or the aliens would run out of resources to live off of and die off. She didn't know that the aliens did not have to eat to survive. They are the perfect organisms.
Rebecca was frightened beyond belief... Praying for her life. The tiniest sound can put her into tears and cover her in sweat. She stayed hidden under the floor, it was the only place she was safe. The Queen could sense that someone was still alive on the ship. But her drones could not find that certain someone.
Rebecca needed food and she was about a twenty minute walk from the kitchen. She had to risk it... To survive.
She slowly and quietly popped up the metal floor cover and peeped out to see if the creatures were around. She could not see or hear them, the coast was clear. As quiet as she could, she made her way towards the food. Checking every corridor for a sign or signal of... Them.
With much caution and quickness, eventually made it to the kitchen and frantically gathered some food and drinks. She got what she needed and was ready to head back. As she turned around to go to her hideout there was a drooling mouth inches from her face hissing at her... It was one of them!
With a scream she threw her gathered materials at the beast. It grunted and hissed swinging its arms around in surprise. She ran out of the kitchen in tears down the hall hoping to lose the alien from her trail. It was right behind her.
She quickly turned a sharp corner and opened a door and locked it. She made it into the room alone. The lights were out in this room. So she pulled out a flashlight and looked around. She was constantly hearing a low hiss... And there was an awful stench that made her want to throw up. With the flashlight, she saw the cargo rocks gathered from the last mission. Then she saw what she believed to be eggs. She began to shake with fear, she moved the light around the room some more and found all of her crewmembers, and they were stuck to a wall with some kind of hard jelly looking material. Each of them had a giant hole in their chests... Covered with blood. She was slowly putting the clues all together and figured this whole thing out. Rebecca had to destroy the ship so they couldn't get home.
But what was laying the eggs? She wondered to herself, she couldn't figure it out.
   Then a sudden sharp pain, struck the back of her head, Rebecca fell dead to floor. The Queen was right behind Rebecca, her secondary jaw hand been launched into the back of the woman's head punching a hole through it. The crew was now fourteen and once again, one species.
   The Odin slowly drifted through space with its crew headed for its destination.
Its crew and cargo: Hell.
Its destination: Earth.

Ansul

Ansul

I think that was amazing. If any people on the sites I go to were so creative, I think we would only need one or two members. You should keep working on it, I think it is really good.  ;)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I actually forgot I posted this. Thanks for enjoying it!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed