attack of the predalien

Started by gangstapred, Feb 18, 2008, 02:17:09 AM

Author
attack of the predalien (Read 68,110 times)

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 18, 2008, 06:13:53 AM

I don't think an Alien is tougher than a Predator.

depends on what your definition of toughness is.

aliens are much more durable then predators and are equally strong.

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2008, 01:05:23 AM

Yeah aliens are I guess tougher but I see toughness as being how much damage you can take so yeah durability... but I still don't want to say aliens and predators have equal strength because they are two very different creatures. They both generally use differing limbs to move and attack...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I think in AVP-R, the aliens aren't there to fight. They kill some people for nourishment and capture for reproduction, and here comes this creature that exists to kill each and every one of them. The run at it, but it is no use. This thing is too well equipped. Chet, though, realises what a pred can do from the ship. And the sewer.
The aliens are a bit freaked out.

And they don't need to be killing. Or they think they don't. The one drooling on dallas for ten seconds was probably toying with him, and didn't think Dallas was going to blow him up. He stopped firing so it could reload, but the alien probably thought it was not going to shoot anymore.

Bear in mind the aliens are a day old.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 19, 2008, 01:15:12 AM

I think in AVP-R, the aliens aren't there to fight. They kill some people for nourishment and capture for reproduction, and here comes this creature that exists to kill each and every one of them. The run at it, but it is no use. This thing is too well equipped. Chet, though, realises what a pred can do from the ship. And the sewer.

And they don't need to be killing. Or they think they don't. The one drooling on dallas for ten seconds was probably toying with him, and didn't think Dallas was going to blow him up. He stopped firing so it could reload, but the alien probably thought it was not going to shoot anymore.

but wouldnt you say that goes against how they were portaryed in the other movies? they are supposed to be "fast learners" remember.

in Alien it was a day old yet it still out manuvered dallas in the vents and in Aliens the queen grasps the concept of elevators immediatly.

SM

SM

The Resurrection Aliens were less than a day old.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2008, 01:19:41 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 19, 2008, 01:15:12 AM

but wouldnt you say that goes against how they were portaryed in the other movies? they are supposed to be "fast learners" remember.

in Alien it was a day old yet it still out manuvered dallas in the vents and in Aliens the queen grasps the concept of elevators immediatly.

Did Alien Dallas have a plasma caster?
Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2008, 01:27:24 AM
The Resurrection Aliens were less than a day old.
They never showed the time in that film. Never said 1 day. I felt like it was at least a week.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

no way they were a week old, the Betty crew was only there for a few days.

SM

SM

No.  We see the Betty crew arrive early morning (local), offload the hosts, then by that night the Aliens are fully grown and subsequently escape.  Why would Call wait a week to try and kill Ripley?  She'd do it as soon as possible - meaning the first night they're on board, when most of the ship would be asleep.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2008, 01:38:38 AM
No.  We see the Betty crew arrive early morning (local), offload the hosts, then by that night the Aliens are fully grown and subsequently escape.  Why would Call wait a week to try and kill Ripley?  She'd do it as soon as possible - meaning the first night they're on board, when most of the ship would be asleep.

Did they specify a day where they meet her? Call only realizes where Ripley was in the basketball scene.

SM

SM

Call knew Ripley was on the Auriga long before the Betty arrived - or she even hooked up with Elgyn and co.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 19, 2008, 01:33:03 AM

he could have had two plasma casters, it wouldnt have mattered. the alien totally flanked him.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2008, 01:46:55 AM

he could have had two plasma casters, it wouldnt have mattered. the alien totally flanked him.
Do you know why? He wasn't in an open space with a weapon.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 19, 2008, 01:54:58 AM

well if you think about it the confinment works both ways. if the alien had been in front of dallas he could have flamed it and it wouldnt have had any room to dodge at all.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2008, 01:58:42 AM

well if you think about it the confinment works both ways. if the alien had been in front of dallas he could have flamed it and it wouldnt have had any room to dodge at all.
And don't forget, Wolf in the sewer had that map thing.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 19, 2008, 02:00:54 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2008, 01:58:42 AM

And don't forget, Wolf in the sewer had that map thing.

i'm not arguing that scene. i'm just pointing out that the alien from Alien was smart enough to flank dallas so that he wouldnt be able to use the flamethrower...and it was less than a day old.

the avp-r aliens would have just noisily charged at him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed