Why does everyone hate the team up between Scar and Lex?

Started by Predator Queen, May 06, 2007, 09:58:00 PM

Author
Why does everyone hate the team up between Scar and Lex? (Read 16,528 times)

SiL

Hell, I got a plushie (xmas pressie. looooooong story) but I don't think it's cute.

... well, the plushie is.

... I'ma take my testosterone shots now.

Extroheal

I liked the team-up. It's what the original AvP was about and it's what I expected when I saw the movie had a female lead. The people who didn't like the team-up are the same sort of people who think Alien vs Predator is a "crossover". They've only seen the movies and they're not familiar with the expanded universe.

gameoverman

It's the fundamental difference between Alien and Predator.  An alien would never team up with a human because aliens are mindless animals.  Predators have intelligence, and some degree of honour.

I didn't think the elder giving Lex a spear was very appropriate, though.  Harrigan killed a predator, and all he got was an old pistol the predators stole on one of their hunts (which seemed to be reluctantly given).  I think Lex was spoiled a little when she received that amount of respect from the predators.

Dekapitator

The idea of a Predator teaming up with a human is wrong... I don't exactly remember how it was executed in AvP (since I've only seen the movie once, and I ain't planning on viewing it again) but from what I've read it was pathetic.
Predators teaming up with something they can lower to an unbelievalble level... weak prey for them. Does that sound right? No, because it ain't.
AvP was full of sh*t, beast like Aliens, "chestbursting" (yeah right), "cool" pumped up Predators (not to mention a "villian turned hero" one), the yautja influence, the team up etc.

Quote from: SiL on May 06, 2007, 11:23:42 PM
Yautja bullshit be damned.

Hell yeah.

slipknotpredator

Why'd I change?

Anderson ignored their roots, especially with the team-up. Yautja bullshit be damned.

hahaha agreeeeeeee! yatuja sh#t...TEAM UP SUCKS!!! a predator must be cold and never think of teaming up, and if he can´t survive the aliens in avp he showd die, not team up, in case of the predator was killed by the aliens inside the pyramid there is no way aliens could survive, i´m sure the predator ship was around and would take care of the situation, so Fu&k the team up, and fu&k yatuja

Predator Queen

Quote from: slipknotpredator on May 07, 2007, 02:10:34 PM
Why'd I change?

Anderson ignored their roots, especially with the team-up. Yautja bullshit be damned.

hahaha agreeeeeeee! yatuja sh#t...TEAM UP SUCKS!!! a predator must be cold and never think of teaming up, and if he can´t survive the aliens in avp he showd die, not team up, in case of the predator was killed by the aliens inside the pyramid there is no way aliens could survive, i´m sure the predator ship was around and would take care of the situation, so Fu&k the team up, and fu&k yatuja
{coughs} he was most likely attracted to lex...

SiL

...yeah, no.

Predator Queen

Quote from: SiL on May 07, 2007, 09:27:37 PM
...yeah, no.
how would you know? your not scar {flicks SiL's nose}

slipknotpredator

Quote from: White Okami on May 07, 2007, 09:26:36 PM
Why'd I change?

{coughs} he was most likely attracted to lex...

who was attracted to lex? why do you type in small letters?

Predator Queen

Why'd I change?

aww not all of them are cold... are you? {big puppy eyes}

slipknotpredator

Quote from: White Okami on May 07, 2007, 09:33:40 PM
Why'd I change?

yes, i´m so cold...

SiL

Why would the 'noble, honourable' Predator be attracted to something of another and 'lesser' species? Hardly seems noble OR honourable: Just perverted.

Predator Queen

Quote from: slipknotpredator on May 07, 2007, 09:35:43 PM
Why'd I change?

yes, i´m so cold...
{rolls eyes} yah right cold like a bowl of soup...

Quote from: SiL on May 07, 2007, 09:36:06 PM
Why would the 'noble, honourable' Predator be attracted to something of another and 'lesser' species? Hardly seems noble OR honourable: Just perverted.
there not lesser there just.. stupid.... hehehe

SiL

Lesser.

I hardly think so honourable a race - a 'fact' you used to sell the teamup - would indulge in bestiality.

slipknotpredator

Quote from: White Okami on May 07, 2007, 09:47:15 PM
Quote from: slipknotpredator on May 07, 2007, 09:35:43 PM
Why'd I change?

yes, i´m so cold...
{rolls eyes} yah right cold like a bowl of soup...

Quote from: SiL on May 07, 2007, 09:36:06 PM
there not lesser there just.. stupid.... hehehe

how can you talk about predators if you didn´t even watched the first movies? AVP SUCKED!, really, watch predator and predator 2 and then you will see how a predator must be  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed