Aliens RPG*Ideas

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 06:54:49 PM

Author
Aliens RPG*Ideas (Read 37,715 times)

livin_target

livin_target

I really don't think an rpg would  capture the feel of playing as an alien as well as an fps would. One of the most important  elements in an rpg is the character interaction, and it would be difficult to create a group of memorable characters for an alien to interact with without it attacking them. If they were building an mmorpg then I would expect aliens to be playable (as there is  less of an emphasis on AI character interaction) but as a single player rpg, I can't see it working that well (and obsidian seems to favour making single player rpgs).

Dachande

Dachande

I dont think it would be too awkward, its been well established (i think) that the Aliens have a type of telekinetic from of communication, so essentially, if you are playing as an Alien, you would essentially have conversation options, with other aliens and such. Of course there wouldnt be like secret quests and stuff. But basically you could just take orders from the queen, which could involve taking other aliens and basically killing a load of humans and getting hosts and stuff...one think i would love to see would be an Aliens stealth mission where your on your own and have to avoid detection, and then end up taking like a superior member of the Marines as  a host. or even have like two hives in the same area, and you have the choice to either negotiate with them to wipe out the human presence, or just attack them

Xeno

Xeno

Maybe you play first as a human. And if you got impregnated by a face-hugger you play the game as your 'child'.

gridalien17

gridalien17

hey do u guys think that alien lifecylce will be involved?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: gridalien17 on Apr 03, 2007, 07:08:48 PM
hey do u guys think that alien lifecylce will be involved?
I hope so, it would be fun  ;D

Bad Ass Xenomorph99

Bad Ass Xenomorph99

Yeah Ilike the idea about having the alien life cycle involved so you could keep track on what stage of the alien evolution your up to or going to be.
but there should be level ups and stuff because in RPG you usely have levels and level ups.i thought for every level up you get like skill points to add on to attack like 5 points to add on to your skills like for exaple:  ALIENS
Claw  :
Tail    :
crawl  :
Climb  :
Head  :
Bite.
Sight  :
so do you like my idea?this one i made up on the spot for alien.

Bad Ass Xenomorph99

Bad Ass Xenomorph99

i was also thinking that you start in a egg(for alien)then come out a facehugger but you have to make you way to 1 of the 3 rooms. 1 contains a predator, 1 contains a dog and 1 contains a marine and facehug 1 of the3 things to become either an alien drone, a predalien or a dogalien runner.
Like the idea?

Danger Close

Danger Close

I always saw this as more of a survival/horror game in a Resident Evil kinda way. But then I guess it wold be called that. I hope that they go big, like Mass Effect.

RayKai747

RayKai747

Marines should get better weapons

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

upgraded versions of the weapons thet have now, like the 'Smart gun plus' or something.

RayKai747

RayKai747

MAN i wish in Marine it could be more scary

RayKai747

RayKai747

ALEINS should have more fighting skills
high jump
acid

Bad Ass Xenomorph99

Bad Ass Xenomorph99

yeah raymond i know you (RAYMOND CAI)
aliens should be able to spit acid and are there going to be hybrids for NOT??????

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

I think the RPG will be based on maintaining a hive or squad/army of some sort cause i dont picture leveling up in a alien game of anysort so i think it would be like simcity in a really wierd way or some thing on main person that is head hanchoe things like that

shinigami

shinigami

i realy hope that all three species would be involved. Space Jokies would also be good to add in the game. Hopefuly that it wont be marine only game. And i realy hope that i will be on PC cuz i dont want to buy a console extra just for that game. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed