Jan 16 interview

Started by Alienseseses, Feb 12, 2008, 02:47:46 AM

Author
Jan 16 interview (Read 10,247 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I don't even know why I bother reading their interviews anymore.... I think I wish that they will just admit their mistakes one day.....I know it will never happen.

Its like they bought some joke gum that just gave you a shock when you tried to grab some. They built it up and told you how great it was, and you had your doubts, but they just kept telling you it was so good. So you figure 'what the hell' and grab a piece *shock*. Now, they keep telling you how great it is, despite the fact you know its nothing like what they told you it was going to be.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 12, 2008, 04:14:12 PM
I don't even know why I bother reading their interviews anymore.... I think I wish that they will just admit their mistakes one day.....I know it will never happen.

Its like they bought some joke gum that just gave you a shock when you tried to grab some. They built it up and told you how great it was, and you had your doubts, but they just kept telling you it was so good. So you figure 'what the hell' and grab a piece *shock*. Now, they keep telling you how great it is, despite the fact you know its nothing like what they told you it was going to be.
EXCEPT some of us like it.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 12, 2008, 06:23:32 PM

yes, Aliense...se..ses...  ;D You have already said that to exhaustion...  ::) ;)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Feb 12, 2008, 08:10:17 PM

yes, Aliense...se..ses...  ;D You have already said that to exhaustion...  ::) ;)
As others have said "This movie sucks" even more.

Slugworth

Slugworth

Yes, but maybe Alienseseses feels the need to make up for all the people who actually enjoyed the movie but aren't coming out and saying it.  Besides, the negative opinion is always louder than the positive one. It's almost always like that, for everything...it's a part of human nature I believe.

Whether or not I liked all of the characters, I feel the Strauses did not ruin the franchise... at least any more than Anderson did....  and I like both movies,  so I guess in some people's opinion, that makes me an idiot, regardless of how much I love the original movies and how much they mean to me.

I enjoy reading the Strauses interviews both before and after the release of AVP-R. I can tell that they really do love the creatures and from what I've understood from Colin here at AvPGalaxy, they're interested in learning from their mistakes.  Did you see Anderson coming on this forum to talk to the fans after the release of his movie?  No, because he's not invested in it as much as the Strauses are. To him, it was just another film and another paycheck... regardless of how much of an Alien fan he claimed to be.  I have more to say, but this is turning into a rant, so I'll stop.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I like the movie but I'm not going to defend it every time someone pisses on it. I did it once and that's it. I respect their opinions whether I agree with them or not. 

I think its cool that Alienseseses is passionate about the film to go to those lengths, but I'm not all that passionate as he is I guess. I like the movie but don't love it like I should. It has its share of faults and I can understand some of the backlash.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Slugworth on Feb 12, 2008, 08:31:10 PM

Yes, but maybe Alienseseses feels the need to make up for all the people who actually enjoyed the movie but aren't coming out and saying it.  Besides, the negative opinion is always louder than the positive one. It's always like that, for everything...it's a part of human nature I believe.

Whether or not I liked all of the characters, I feel the Strauses did not ruin the franchise... at least any more than Anderson did....  and I like both movies,  so I guess in some people's opinion, that makes me an idiot, regardless of how much I love the original movies and how much they mean to me.

I enjoy reading the Strauses interviews both before and after the release of AVP-R. I can tell that they really do love the creatures and from what I've understood from Colin here at AvPGalaxy, they're interested in learning from their mistakes.  Did you see Anderson coming on this forum to talk to the fans after the release of his movie?  No, because he's not invested in it as much as the Strauses are. To him, it was just another film and another paycheck... regardless of how much of an Alien fan he claimed to be.  I have more to say, but this is turning into a rant, so I'll stop.
Amen.
Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 12, 2008, 08:38:00 PM

I like the movie but I'm not going to defend it every time someone pisses on it. I did it once and that's it. I respect their opinions whether I agree with them or not. 

I think its cool that Alienseseses is passionate about the film to go to those lengths, but I'm not all that passionate as he is I guess. I like the movie but don't love it like I should. It has its share of faults and I can understand some of the backlash.

Fair enough. I still think that in terms of what footage we have, all we need to do is cut the alien introduction to the homeless people and make it about the huggers, and cut out We need guns.

I tried to edit AVP once. Too hard.

SM

SM

Wouldn't you prefer to not have to cut anything though?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2008, 12:00:23 AM
Wouldn't you prefer to not have to cut anything though?
I like it, but two chops could make it a stronger film.

gases

gases

Agreed. Either that or we think your way overexaggerating.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 12, 2008, 08:52:00 PM

Yes, but maybe Alienseseses feels the need to make up for all the people who actually enjoyed the movie but aren't coming out and saying it.  Besides, the negative opinion is always louder than the positive one. It's always like that, for everything...it's a part of human nature I believe.

Amen.

Fair enough. I still think that in terms of what footage we have, all we need to do is cut the alien introduction to the homeless people and make it about the huggers, and cut out We need guns.

I agree the father and son just don't work like I wanted them too. I wanted to feel the horror of that situation but that didn't happen.

But if you cut that out and you have a big part of the story getting axed. The father and son angle gets the story rolling. But the bums would've been better.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 13, 2008, 03:32:35 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 12, 2008, 08:52:00 PM

Amen.

I agree the father and son just don't work like I wanted them too. I wanted to feel the horror of that situation but that didn't happen.

But if you cut that out and you have a big part of the story getting axed. The father and son angle gets the story rolling. But the bums would've been better.
You didn't understand me. I meant that the scene with the homeless people shouldn't have any adult aliens in it. Only facehuggers.

echobbase79

echobbase79

oh ok. So the introduction of the warriors would be the sewer scene?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Yes, but maybe Alienseseses feels the need to make up for all the people who actually enjoyed the movie but aren't coming out and saying it.  Besides, the negative opinion is always louder than the positive one. It's almost always like that, for everything...it's a part of human nature I believe.

Nope, Slugworth...It's called 'direct marketing'... Duh... ::) PWA is more professional that way... At least, he did not lie to the fans, nor treated them like children and manipulated them the way the BS did (Colin here and Greg on IMDb... ::)

Have you conveniently forgotten all the deception, lies, and the piss-on-Alien-fans Alien portrayal in AVPR...? ::)

That shameless 'whitewashing' right there is why positive ops concerning AVPR always get minimised/dismissed... ;D

They just choose to ignore hard facts... Lucky thing some of us DO have something called 'memory'...!

You liked the movie, fine, just don't go on pretending the BS love the Alien creatures, because we all know that is not what happened al all... They do love the Predator one and they sure MADE SURE we all got that biased take, even though this was supposed to be a 'versus' movie, aka 'balanced A versus P battles'...

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Feb 13, 2008, 11:26:38 AM
Have you conveniently forgotten all the deception, lies, and the piss-on-Alien-fans Alien portrayal in AVPR...? ::)

oh, i remember that pretty well. 'it won't be using secondary jaw, it will look like alien 3 only closer', anybody?  :-X >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed