Slow Motion

Started by Cromartie, May 05, 2007, 11:06:02 PM

Author
Slow Motion (Read 4,168 times)

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2007, 12:38:14 AM
No, it doesn't.

Frame-by-frame it. It hits the gun first, then he's hit by the shrapnel a few frames later. Script confirms it as well.

Well, I just finished watching it and you were right about the shrapnel. The only thing I can say is that no one would've survived because of the explosion after the pred was pounded by the log.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

If a blast from the shoulder cannon blew a hole in Jesse Ventura's torso a shot to his arm would blow it to pieces so the  shrapnel thing must be right. ;D

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: ParanoidZombie on May 05, 2007, 11:06:02 PM
why the hell did celtic take so long to jump down the hole, walk up to grid, pull out his knife and kill grid?

This and arguably all of the slow-motion shots in the movie are probably just Anderson's idea of adding suspense wherever he could.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Predboy on May 10, 2007, 12:28:31 AM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on May 09, 2007, 04:49:00 PM
Quote from: ~Jarrecko~ on May 08, 2007, 11:07:23 PM
Strange since scar's a teenager, I guess Yaujta teens must be more responsible than their adult counterparts.

Not necessarily, Jarrecko... they probably have different personalities, with Celtic the bully, stronger, cockier, with a more physical approach, whereas Scar has the more stealthy, calmer posture... I think it showed the Predators as more than unidimensional characters, all for war, with their own personalities and approaches to the Alien problem... The way Scar killed the facehugger and Alien crawling down the wall was amazing...his steadiness, resolve... but he is still a teenager, meaning, in his scarring ritual, he forgot to secure the location before lifting off his mask... Oh well...  ;D

I agree that the Predator's downfall is their arrogance, underestimating their prey, and that is why they were killed in Predator and Predator 2, why Chopper, Celtic and ultimately Scar died... Scar showed his back to a non-yet dead antagonist, and you should never do that on a battlefield...but they were teenagers on a rite of passage so it was expected... Even adult hunters showed arrogance and were killed because of their underestimating the 'lowly' prey, so actually, the younglings were just as lax as the adults in Predator movies... probably a cultural or genetic trait of sorts...  ;D :D 

Actually, the only reason the predator in part one died was because he was the bad guy and the bad guys always lose. If what happened there was real life then the predator would've killed everyone and survived, why, because if you watch the movie and watch the part where the pred shoots that guy, after killing Billy, the pred shoots Dutch in the arm. Obviously we all know that, that would've blown his arm off and either would've bled to death or the pred would've finished him off. Why is it that the pred took off Mac's arm but couldn't do it to Dutch, because he was the main character and the good guy and the good guy always has to win.

Well, if you want to get technical about it... ;D :D ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed