10 (43.5%)
Anderson and AVP
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author
Ward vs Anderson (Read 6,809 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Has anyone seen the Sheep Alien designs done for Alien3? There quite embarrising...  :-[

Cellien

Cellien

No.. gotta link?   ;D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It has a face on its ass.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

I'm actually a partial fan of Anderson's AVP.  While it was still lacking, the story behind it was cool and the movie itself would have had a lot of potential had Anderson been able to include several more fight scenes between the main monsters (especially a Scar vs. Grid).  Ah well, no use dreaming about what could have been.

SM

SM

QuoteIt has a face on its ass.

I don't believe that was literal.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Haha.

I was merely referring to the concept art.

Maybe I could've put up with an alien disguised as a sheep (this is how it happened isn't it?), but I definately couldn't have put up with a sheep alien with a face on its ass.....

SM

SM

Definate comedic potential there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Definately a cheesy, bad concept that made me ever so more appricative of the A3 we got.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Cellien on May 11, 2007, 08:59:41 PM
No.. gotta link?   ;D

I dont, but it was basically the head from AvP, the tail from Alien and the body and legs of a sheep...(the Aliens are meant to look creepy not hillarous!)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just ask someone who has the Quad handy to put it on Photobucket or something.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I hate Anderson as much as the next guy. In fact, here's an example of his terrible writing:

A dozen COMMANDOS stream in. A tight, disciplined group, dressed in black and armed to the teeth. If you find guns and body armor sexy, you just came.

Gah! How aweful is that?! I mean...what the hell kind of writing is that? I hate it enough when a writer over explains the scene and emotions, but...directing the audience? Gah! I've never hit the wall so many time...and I still like him over Ward.

SiL

SiL

Other classics! From the AvP script.

Suddenly THE CAMERA races forward - INTO the satellite.  We streak through a complex web of circuitry, coming to rest at last by a large glass LENS.
---

MAX
Welcome aboard everybody!  Please.  You probably wonder why this elite team of experts was assembled here?  Your host will give you the answer now.

---

QUINN steps forward from his men. It's clear that Quinn and his men are a tight group that keep to themselves.

---

Rousseau
I'm glad that you decided to stay.

LEX
Couldn't let you have all the fun. 

It's immediately clear that they like and respect each other.

---

Rousseau wakes, in immediate agony.  She claws at her chest.  Something is trying to GET OUT!!  With a spurt of (PG-13 friendly) blood, a CHEST BURSTER erupts.

---

THE CAMERA begins to PULL BACK and the music SWELLS.  We are left with the classic image of two tiny figures in a vast landscape.  The last survivors.  Surely this is the end of the movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

...Arghhhh!!!!!!!!! I hate that man!  >:(

SM

SM

You on Earth can you prefer that amateur nonsense to Ward?  I've read better fan fic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay, think of it this way. I think Anderson is a terrible writer but his concepts are generally good. With Ward, I hated his concepts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed