Started by YautjaElder13, Feb 06, 2008, 01:01:53 AM

Author
Predalien Flaw (Read 2,810 times)

YautjaElder13

YautjaElder13

No. Dreads=Bad. Dreads are not genetic!

zombiecow69

zombiecow69

I was never sure if those dreads where hair or tentacle like things, another point to that design flaw, it that yea they might have wanted a more predator style xenomorph, but look at the classic drone, spawned of a human, i mean that really didn't take too many physical features, the changes rare sposed to be miniscule, you don't see drones running around with hair like the fonze do you, lol.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 07, 2008, 02:54:13 AM
i like to think that the dreads are some sort of extra sensory organ like the hairs on arachnids like they feel air vibrations...

This would have been fine if they actually worked.  AvP shows that it's very easy for something to sneak up on a predator while its back is turned.

YautjaElder13

YautjaElder13

And the books! (I know, not canon) They say that the dreads are bound before the blooding mission. More or less.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I somehow doubt that the dreadlocks on a predator must only be hair.

Well, if another Predalien is going to come up in another movie, I don't see how someone would want this Predalien for AVP:R back unless it's the Strause brothers or it's what ADI can offer because there's no budget for anything new

YautjaElder13

YautjaElder13

They're sortta stuck now. They sort of showed one Predalien and now are almost comitted to that portrayal. Unless they have a d*mn good reason why they changed it.

Predator_Dylan

Predator_Dylan

Me thinks it shouldn't have mandibles or dreadlocks, but just different skin pigments and made a bit larger to be able to recognize it.

YautjaElder13

YautjaElder13

Well me thinks *hem hem improper english* that the Predalien should have different pigmentation, be slightly larger, and have the mandibles. They are like the best part of the design (mandibles). I think. The dreads are bad!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed