AvP3 based on comic?

Started by War Wager, May 05, 2007, 01:42:54 PM

Author
AvP3 based on comic? (Read 3,107 times)

War Wager

War Wager

I havent read any of the comics, but if there was ever to be an AvP3, I wouldnt base it on one of the comics. I think it gives the idea that Fox has run out of ideas...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't like the idea. Adaptions tend to suck. Let's have something original! But with the spirit of some of the comics.

Highland

Highland

I have most of the comics, the are excellent, but agree they would be too hard to put on screen.

Anderson already tried with the Team up, which is from the first series of AVP.

No need to go any further on how that one turned out..... 

Manga Cartoon could be the next step? I'd like to see that happen. It opens up the whole Galaxy...

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: highlandpred on May 05, 2007, 02:03:19 PM
Manga Cartoon could be the next step? I'd like to see that happen. It opens up the whole Galaxy...

do you mean some sort of japanimation/anime AVP movie? or like a Manga comic book? both are interesting ideas. some japanese artist can draw some crazy detail and action sequences that could really bring something different to alien/pred fights. dark horse should really think about that seriously

Highland

Highland

yeah, with Animation you can get away with Ninja Predators, Bulky Armour, Lots of kinds of weapons , Planets, Aliens....the list is endless. 

with less budget worries, Artists and writers can get down to what we really want to see....

Home worlds, 30 predators vs 200 Aliens..

If you've ever seen any Manga or Japanimation, you'll know how good these guys are at coming up with killer scripts and scenes.

I think it makes Sense, like Clone Wars (star wars) but with more Manga style Animation, like Ninja Scroll, or Vampire Hunter D somthing like that.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2007, 01:49:57 PM
I don't like the idea. Adaptions tend to suck. Let's have something original! But with the spirit of some of the comics.

Yes, nice one.  With decent looking Aliens and Predators!

Hardass Predator

Hardass Predator

avp duel would be a great film if it was made correctly, that is a great storyline

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

predator will never go to manga either will alien one fox will never give them up and theres no girls in it with really skimpy cloths so manga wouldnt take it and i would make a world wide patition on it and burn every manga thingy i ever see

Highland

Highland

thats fair enough, but AVP2 makes anything less than even money...you can kiss both these franchises goodbuy.....

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

man i swear on my life if predator goes to manga i will go straight to fox net work and the japan place some time in my life and hunt them down like predator would and skin them alive and say "PREDATOR BELONGS TO FOX" on the fox building in blood really big letters to cause i would loose faith in all of the world cause really japan already took sonic i think thats bad enough now they need my childhood hero WHEN WILL THEY STOP

SiL

SiL

Uh, didn't Japan [/i]invent[/i] Sonic? :-\

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

There's nothing wrong with manga or anime.  There is some truly kick-ass anime out there.

Two examples of an existing property being picked up by the Japanese...

Star Trek (TOS) recently started up as a manga.
Higlander has an anime coming out in June.

Some of the guys doing this stuff are real masters, and Alien/Predator/AvP could do a lot worse than have a release by one of them.

P.S.  And I nearly forgot the Animatrix, which (to varying degrees of success) showed how pliable a fictional universe can be when handed to different people.

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2007, 09:39:18 PM
Uh, didn't Japan invent Sonic? :-\
Yep.  At the very least, he was created by Sega...a Japanese company.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed