What were they hunting?

Started by Nihil, May 03, 2007, 11:15:49 PM

Author
What were they hunting? (Read 9,140 times)

Nihil

Nihil

The predators had no human captives nor did they expect any humans to be at the pyramid upon their arrival. So what were they expecting to hunt? facehuggers? Or were they going to wait untill one of them got infected then hunt his hybrid offspring?

Sure the human did show up and all but what if they hadn't

???

War Wager

War Wager

The Predators lured the humans to Antartica by somehow powering up the pyramid. At the start of the movie, at the satillite station, you see a heat signature radiating from the underground pyramid. Miller and Weyland talk about it just as the pyramid starts to re-configure. Miller says that its "like a powerplant for this pyramid, firing up, preparing."

SM

SM

Quotenor did they expect any humans to be at the pyramid upon their arrival

Yes they did.  And they were.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Nihilus on May 03, 2007, 11:15:49 PM
The predators had no human captives nor did they expect any humans to be at the pyramid upon their arrival. So what were they expecting to hunt? facehuggers? Or were they going to wait untill one of them got infected then hunt his hybrid offspring?

Sure the human did show up and all but what if they hadn't

???

Did you pay any attention while watching AVP?

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Clone#8 on May 03, 2007, 11:24:19 PM
The Predators lured the humans to Antartica by somehow powering up the pyramid. At the start of the movie, at the satillite station, you see a heat signature radiating from the underground pyramid. Miller and Weyland talk about it just as the pyramid starts to re-configure. Miller says that its "like a powerplant for this pyramid, firing up, preparing."

But how would the Predators know that human technology was that advanced? To detect heat signatures so deep under the ice? And what have they been doing for the past centuries to lure people to Antarctica? Especially since it was too cold to have any inhabitants.

I'm with Nihilus on this. When I first watched AvP, it was one of the flaws I noticed. It was sort of implied that the Predators were surprised to see humans there. The sure as hell didn't expect them to take their shoulder cannons.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I say that the pred's knew they had the tech, but how they "knew" that the humans would find the heat signature and investigate, i don't know, ask Paul Anderson.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Darkness on May 04, 2007, 05:42:35 PM
Quote from: Clone#8 on May 03, 2007, 11:24:19 PM

But how would the Predators know that human technology was that advanced? To detect heat signatures so deep under the ice? And what have they been doing for the past centuries to lure people to Antarctica? Especially since it was too cold to have any inhabitants.

I'm with Nihilus on this. When I first watched AvP, it was one of the flaws I noticed. It was sort of implied that the Predators were surprised to see humans there. The sure as hell didn't expect them to take their shoulder cannons.

I think the preds knew about the humans' tech being that advanced probably by observing them seeing how intelligent they were so they can find out how they would be able to lure them there. They saw their tech was pretty advanced so they knew the humans would pick up the pyrimid's signal. As for what they were doing for the next hundred years, I think that the predator is a teenager when he's 100 so they might have been training the predators all those years so they can get ready to kill an alien and become an adult. Just a guess.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

If they haddn't of lured the humans to Antartica what were the predators going to hunt? Of course they lured the humans to Antartica. 

...And what have they been doing for the past centuries to lure people to Antarctica? Especially since it was too cold to have any inhabitants.

There was the whailing station of 1904...before that not sure.  But centeries before that there was a civilization there hence the pyramid.

...It was sort of implied that the Predators were surprised to see humans there...

They weren't supprised just annoyed that the humans had discoverd their Plasma Cannons.

...I think the preds knew about the humans' tech being that advanced probably by observing them seeing how intelligent they were so they can find out how they would be able to lure them there. They saw their tech was pretty advanced so they knew the humans would pick up the pyrimid's signal...

I agree with you  :D...well thats my 2 cents (of sorts)

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteIf they haddn't of lured the humans to Antartica what were the predators going to hunt?

It was just one of the many plot holes. Why were Weyland's team carrying guns to an expedition?

Somebody even suggested to me a few years ago that the Predators didn't know what they were going to hunt down there.

QuoteThere was the whailing station of 1904...before that not sure.

The whaling station looked like it had been abandoned apart from that one guy. Where did the rest go?

QuoteBut centeries before that there was a civilization there hence the pyramid.

That's another plothole in itself. Antarctica has been covered in ice for millions of years so there wouldn't have been any pyramids/civilisations to begin with.

Quote from: Predboy on May 04, 2007, 07:32:36 PM
As for what they were doing for the next hundred years, I think that the predator is a teenager when he's 100 so they might have been training the predators all those years so they can get ready to kill an alien and become an adult. Just a guess.

It was already established, the Predators visit every hundred years. That's what the 1904 scene was supposed to prove.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

...Why were Weyland's team carrying guns to an expedition?

That i have no idea to be honest.  I always thought it was just in case anyone else had found the pyramid and was going to kick off about it. Mr. Weyland did say that he wasn't the only one with a satalite over Antartica.  Othewise i'm not sure.

Somebody even suggested to me a few years ago that the Predators didn't know what they were going to hunt down there.

Well if they didn't know what they were going to hunt down there then why did they defrost the queen?  They knew what they were going to hunt and they did lure the humans.

The whaling station looked like it had been abandoned apart from that one guy. Where did the rest go?

Killed oviously  ;D by the Aliens or by the Predators.

That's another plothole in itself. Antarctica has been covered in ice for millions of years so there wouldn't have been any pyramids/civilisations to begin with.

Yes thats true.  But they managed to get through the ice in 1904.  Again as to before 1904 quess you'll have to ask that gibering idiot Anderson.

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteWell if they didn't know what they were going to hunt down there then why did they defrost the queen?

The elders could have done that. So it was a test. Why didn't the Predators have acid-proof armour? If they knew they were going to be fighting aliens, why didn't they think to have that? Considering all three Predators died, I wouldn't exactly say they were prepared for this hunt.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But where's the challenge in having acid-proof armor?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Darkness on May 05, 2007, 10:05:19 AM
QuoteWell if they didn't know what they were going to hunt down there then why did they defrost the queen?

The elders could have done that. So it was a test. Why didn't the Predators have acid-proof armour? If they knew they were going to be fighting aliens, why didn't they think to have that? Considering all three Predators died, I wouldn't exactly say they were prepared for this hunt.

Well no they wasn't totally prepared, but it is a manhood hunt or what ever you want to call it  ;) Also the predators needed their plasma cannons but the humans had already found them and taken them.  Without them they were doomed anyway hence why the first two Predators were killed so easily. Although they did try to go out fighting.  Plus their spears seemed to be acid proof  :( which did my head in a bit.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2007, 10:09:00 AM
But where's the challenge in having acid-proof armor?

Not having their shoulder cannons was bad enough. They clearly weren't supposed to fight aliens in melee combat if two them died.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Celtic was cocky, Gill was taken unaware. Not much of ultimate hunters if they can't take out Aliens. We know they have acid proof metal. They didn't get acid proof armor to up the challenge. Maybe part of it was the ingenuity of making their own armor, like Scar did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed