Thinking of buying this game. Is it any good?

Started by Corporal Harrison, Jan 26, 2008, 12:04:35 PM

Author
Thinking of buying this game. Is it any good? (Read 5,738 times)

Corporal Harrison

Im thinking of buying AVP: Exctinction and not sure whether its worth it or not
suggestions?

Creeper The Rouge

It's a unique R.T.S game I thought,but it is pretty fun just the Aliens could be a bother to use if you don't have a clue.

CanadianHero67

If you do get it which I suggest you do go through all the tutorials first. Every game I play I go to tutorials or training first and when I get to the real levels i'm already kicking butt. I suggest you try Aliens or Marines first.

Corporal Harrison

ok thanks everyone
ill buy it.

Private Hudson

Just so you know, not that you care, there is no Skirmish mode, not even after you beat the game.

Secret Hero

A strategy game that is rarely found by now. I suggest you find the game quickly. To be honest, the game is worth it.

Salt The Fries

Is it backwards-compatible with Xbox360? (Not that I have one yet)

Bishop2

I finally bought it after years of putting it off.  Did it two weeks ago.

Anyway, to answer the title question, not really, no.

Secret Hero

Yes. As from what I heard, X-Box 360 accepts X-Box games. Lucky for you that AVP:Extinction is available in X-Box.

Flaming Firefox

You should get it! It really is a good game if a little dated in the graphics area now. But super fun to play. They need to make a computer sequel with better graphics and more options/multiplayer and map editor.

Rotaderp

Well I rented it and I basically just played the tutorials and the first level with each group.
I feel I could have spent the five or eight dollars better.

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Rotaderp on Mar 20, 2008, 12:23:33 AM
Well I rented it and I basically just played the tutorials and the first level with each group.
I feel I could have spent the five or eight dollars better.

The tutorials are pretty uninteresting, I would play some of the regular levels Unless you don't like it at all.

Private Hudson

Quote from: Secret Hero on Mar 07, 2008, 10:51:13 PM
Yes. As from what I heard, X-Box 360 accepts X-Box games. Lucky for you that AVP:Extinction is available in X-Box.

Not all Xbox games. But you can get OXM magazines and install the backward compatibilty update they have in their demo discs.

Corporal Harrison

holy crap, i cant find it anymore....

:(

Dusk

Try Ebay. That's how I got my copy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed