big gamble..

Started by Highland, Apr 25, 2007, 04:31:51 PM

Author
big gamble.. (Read 4,351 times)

Highland

Highland

I was just reading the Cast and characters there and something hit me..

Out of All the movies, we've never experianced normal people doing every day things invloving Aliens or Predators.

I mean, predator - Marines/Jungle, predator 2 Police/gangsters , All alien movies...Space/future/prisons, AVP pyramid.

I just cant imagine watching the predator and Alien fight it out, then cut to a shot of 2 guys in a Pizza shop.....! :o

Its going to take alot of skill to pull this off...

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

hahah yes, it´s rare, imagine a family having diner, and sudenly BAM! an alien in the kitchen!!!  :D

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Apr 25, 2007, 05:26:32 PM
hahah yes, it´s rare, imagine a family having diner, and sudenly BAM! an alien in the kitchen!!!  :D

"Grandma's popped in for dinner everyone" ;D

Danger Close

Danger Close

What do you mean, in Alien the crew were everyday people, they were just truckers... in space. So I don't agree, I think from an Alien point of view this is more in the tradition of Alien. In Aliens the colonists were average people, granted they didn't plat a large role, but still... Normal.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I hope there isn't alot of interaction between the Predator and Aliens with the general public, it runs the risk of being lame like when the T-Rex trashes San Diego in Jurassic Park 2.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

i hope it´s a dark atmosphere, rainy nights, dark corners and that kind of stuff, i don´t want to see how little kids go to school, i agree with highlandpred
QuoteIts going to take alot of skill to pull this off...
i want a mix between alien, aliens, and predator  8) something like the directors said,
Quote"going back to the roots"

Trioxide

Trioxide

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Apr 25, 2007, 05:28:08 PM
Quote from: slipknotpredator on Apr 25, 2007, 05:26:32 PM

"Grandma's popped in for dinner everyone" ;D

"Why Grandma...what big penis-like head you've got!"
"All the more to rape you with"

>:(

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: highlandpred on Apr 25, 2007, 04:31:51 PM
I was just reading the Cast and characters there and something hit me..

Out of All the movies, we've never experianced normal people doing every day things invloving Aliens or Predators.

I mean, predator - Marines/Jungle, predator 2 Police/gangsters , All alien movies...Space/future/prisons, AVP pyramid.

I just cant imagine watching the predator and Alien fight it out, then cut to a shot of 2 guys in a Pizza shop.....! :o

Its going to take alot of skill to pull this off...

Yes it's going to take a lot of skill, but it can done. With great directors anything is possible. A true director can turn shit into gold, it's pure mind power. Look at the film The Descent, they had no f**king money to make that movie, it was suppose be pretty stupid and boring, but since they had a genius working behind it he made it into pure horror classic gold!

It's all mind power bro, all of it. What they did with The Descent is what they going to have do with AVP 2, use pure mind power!

SM

SM

QuoteOut of All the movies, we've never experianced normal people doing every day things invloving Aliens or Predators.

You've not seen Alien or Predator 2?

The Nostromo crew were just doing their normal everyday jobs.  The people on the train in Predator 2?

QuoteI just cant imagine watching the predator and Alien fight it out, then cut to a shot of 2 guys in a Pizza shop.....!

Geez - can't wait for that...  ::)

Highland

Highland

The nostormo Crew were every day people, but there was no attachment to them, They were truckers in space years in the future, with equipment that can only be dreamed up from a skilled director, there was no were to run (or scream ;))

Predator 2 was very detached, 90% of scenes were in the police station with a kind of gung ho attitude or a gang, a dark factory, away from "normal people" , and if I'm not mistaken it was still set in the not to distant future (correct me if I'm wrong) 

If you read the character discriptions, we have very very real people, 2 kids that workin in a sporting goods store, a potential School scene, Girl friends and Boy Friends, Fathers and sons..........

Predator 2, they had an excuse for Action, they were police fighting Gang Lords.... 

I mean you cant get right into it, you have to build the characters up, give them personality, and to me you cant to that with action in this movie...

SM

SM

QuoteThe nostormo Crew were every day people, but there was no attachment to them, They were truckers in space years in the future, with equipment that can only be dreamed up from a skilled director, there was no were to run (or scream )

Alien isn't aimed at kids (at least it didn't used to be - can't say much for now).

It's aimed at adults - therefore it's very easy to get attached to the Nostromo crew because they behave like people in any workplace.  There's the goody goody career types (Ripley, Kane, Ash), the detached and disillusioned (Dallas, Lambert) and the complaining troublemakers (Parker, Brett).

The fact it's in space with futuristic technology doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

QuoteIf you read the character discriptions, we have very very real people, 2 kids that workin in a sporting goods store, a potential School scene, Girl friends and Boy Friends, Fathers and sons..........

That's not real people.  We'll see if they're real people or not when the film comes out.

Gimme space truckers any day personally.

SiL

SiL

Bullies, pizza boys, ex-convicts, goof-balls at the local sporting goods store, estranged war mums, widdle girls, slightly older girl looking after her younger brother, mothers looking after daughters ... pizza boys ...

They're all so totally real, and because of it we'll isntantly relate! Cheap-ass character development: Just add water!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

SiL! Every f**king day your complaining about something, you went from being a critic to sounding like a house wife that has 5 kids ???

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

I like the idea of everyday people encountering aliens and predators.

I like to connect with the characters.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Don't worry your day is near.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed