Not that many glaring faults *contains spoilers*

Started by gases, Jan 07, 2008, 10:43:28 AM

Author
Not that many glaring faults *contains spoilers* (Read 1,016 times)

gases

gases

ive just watched the movie again and looked for the parts that were "off".

I thought these were the only questionable parts in the entire movie

*Dallas' line "people are dying.. we need guns" kind of awkward, perhaps should have been "f**k this, we need guns, now!" or something without the pause
*The acid not eating through the helicopter, because it did splash everywhere.
*The acid not eating through the floor in the store (this was way minor)
*acid from Wolf ripping out the tounge not dissolving him.
*two alien chokehold while they didn't do much.
*one line of the bullies dialogue which sounded bad, only one line though.

I also recognise there is a small lack of character development, but it really did not effect me, as the main characters were developed enough IMO. I did think it was a tad fast paced, but that comes from an 86min movie.

But some things I did notice the second time:

*There were claw marks in the bully kids body, so the aliens actually used their claws for once, before it started eating.
*Dallas shoots the alien then dives out of the way. Didn't see this last time, but explains why he wasn't covered in acid. And if you argue he should have had acid on him as soon as the caster hit the alien, it showed him dive so it implies he got out of the way of the acid, not that it's ineffective.
* I couldn't quite make out, but where there national guard bodies strewn all over (in pieces) before they got in the apc? If there was it shows what the aliens can do besides the queen in Aliens who ripped the andriod apart.
*The alien at the end is a tough son of a bitch taking all those bullets plus caster hit. That must be like 10 bullets lodged in it's head and a plasma cast shot and it's still moving.

Aside from these, I didn't see any other questionable parts of the movie, even while looking for them. I know the acid has already been explained by Colin as budget constraints, but other than this, I think everything was very realistic, even his fights with aliens as he used his caster most of the time. All of the other acting was credible in my opinion and completely believable to a small town disaster like that.

If you think there was more questionable parts of the movie tell me, and if they're unable to be explained ill add them to my list.

You know, I was actually suprised after the second watch that there isn't really that much wrong with the movie, just some peoples general hatred for it has made it seem worse than it is IMO.

Again if you saw anything I missed let me know.

SyntaX

Some wanted this movie to fail from the start. When it comes to Alien or Predator people immediatly have HIGH hopes. But when the movie fails to deliver what those "fans" imagined in there heads it gets bashed to death. Easy as that.

AVP:R didnt have many faults. Saw it again last night, still a pretty fun movie. Much better than AVP. As Colin said, thanks to budget constraints and all they werent even able to have everything being infected by Alien Acid blood :( I wonder if we will ever get an AVP movie which has BOTH terrific action, and a decent story.

Highland

its not the little things that pissed people off, its things like the the ending, the script as a whole, the aliens performance (as in acting), and the movies length.

As teddy KJB says in Rounders "Like a young man coming in for a quickie, I feel so unsatisfied ..."  :D dishing out the quotes tonight.

YutaniDitch

Quote from: SyntaX on Jan 07, 2008, 12:19:38 PM
Some wanted this movie to fail from the start. When it comes to Alien or Predator people immediatly have HIGH hopes. But when the movie fails to deliver what those "fans" imagined in there heads it gets bashed to death. Easy as that.

AVP:R didnt have many faults. Saw it again last night, still a pretty fun movie. Much better than AVP. As Colin said, thanks to budget constraints and all they werent even able to have everything being infected by Alien Acid blood :( I wonder if we will ever get an AVP movie which has BOTH terrific action, and a decent story.

Have you ever considered that maybe it is YOUR  standards for what a movie should be that are just much lower than everyone else's...?

This movie is of very poor filmaking quality, with everything, from script to the technical side of it, mediocre at best...

SO, low expectations + low movie quality standards = AVPR fans...  ::)

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jan 07, 2008, 12:57:23 PM
Have you ever considered that maybe it is YOUR  standards for what a movie should be that are just much lower than everyone else's...?

This movie is of very poor filmaking quality, with everything, from script to the technical side of it, mediocre at best...

SO, low expectations + low movie quality standards = AVPR fans
...  ::)

Always the same BS ... not suprising!

@ gases

QuoteI couldn't quite make out, but where there national guard bodies strewn all over (in pieces) before they got in the apc? If there was it shows what the aliens can do besides the queen in Aliens who ripped the andriod apart.

There were no National Guard bodies or pieces ^^ ... Morales asked "Where are the bodies ?" ... so, i think Aliens killed them and took them away .. maybe a few alive for the hive?

I watched it 3 times already .. good Movie!

greetz

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed