The New Alien Design

Started by Danger Close, Apr 24, 2007, 08:22:24 PM

Author
The New Alien Design (Read 5,450 times)

Danger Close

Danger Close

I really like the direction the new Alien is going. I think the color is bang on. Also it feels retro without looking, too retro. It seems to take a little from all 5 previous movies.
A guy on IMDb, was not impressed with the detail (ridges) in the head...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd beg to differ with you on this one. Once you see the back of the head, you'll be taking this post down.

Greg posted this on IMDb about a day ago, hmmm what could it mean?

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

I love this new design, love it, love it, love it.

I love any alien design, actually.

Darkness

Darkness

The person who was not impressed was Sil by the way.

Greg's basically saying that the head will be smoother and rounded off at the back like Giger's Alien rather than the pointy heads in AvP/A4.

SiL

SiL

No, it wasn't that I was unimpressed with the ridges - Got nothing against them - it was that I was unimpressed ADI made the head shorter, flatter, and more pointed, thus changing it from a penis to a malformed thing, and that it appeared they were continuing down this road again.

Greg corrected me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think the new design is awesome. Very threatening and menacing.

OneUglyMother

OneUglyMother

I like the new design very much. Hopefully, this time, the Pred won't be able to make a shield for some hick out of the new ridged head.

aliensetta

aliensetta

I don't like the new design. I like the other Alien designs.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

i like it because it it's the same like an Aliens, which is my favorite of the franchise

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

The more the better. I say.. bring on the new design.  :D

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Doesnt matter to me. As long as the movie is good.

Krusher

Krusher

what is with the color though, I love the design, but whats with the tan coloration, maybe it is because they are in a rocky deserty area or somthing. And yes Aliens is the best move ever.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Krusher on May 04, 2007, 01:04:17 AM
what is with the color though, I love the design, but whats with the tan coloration, maybe it is because they are in a rocky deserty area or somthing. And yes Aliens is the best move ever.

They are blackish silver. That color is from our on set lighting.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Colin_Strause on May 04, 2007, 01:37:40 AM
Quote from: Krusher on May 04, 2007, 01:04:17 AM

They are blackish silver. That color is from our on set lighting.

Yes! Thank you! I was getting scared there!

genocyber

genocyber

I really dig seeing the ribbed pattern back.Although the smoothness is the most iconic the ribbed feature is very badass

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I dont know, i guess the new design is pretty cool. We need another Photo from the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed