Wrist Bomb Vs Nuke (spoilers)

Started by Weasel, Jan 06, 2008, 02:47:53 AM

Author
Wrist Bomb Vs Nuke (spoilers) (Read 2,197 times)

Weasel

Weasel

Would you have preferred the wrist bomb to the nuke as an ending to AVP-R?

Personally, I think it's nice that they didn't use it. A nice change of pace because thats usually what goes down in predator movies.

The Chibi Kiriyama

It would have been cool to see. I would have liked to see the two inflicted a fatal wound to the other, seperate as Wolf's arm burns off, and then have the Predator do the laughing countdown as the remaining Aliens come to tear him apart. Now there's a homage that would've helped show he hadn't forgotten about cleaning up the mess left behiind.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

wrist nuke would of killed :D

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 06, 2008, 03:01:56 AM
It would have been cool to see. I would have liked to see the two inflicted a fatal wound to the other, seperate as Wolf's arm burns off, and then have the Predator do the laughing countdown as the remaining Aliens come to tear him apart. Now there's a homage that would've helped show he hadn't forgotten about cleaning up the mess left behiind.

Only problem is he can't set the nuke with only 1 arm.  :P  But yeah, that would have been a better ending imo.

Huol

Huol

Yeah, only if he did the exact same laugh from P1.
I don't care if it makes sense or not.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Jan 06, 2008, 03:12:13 AM

Only problem is he can't set the nuke with only 1 arm.  :P  But yeah, that would have been a better ending imo.

That would be an issue, wouldn't it. :-[

Biz

Biz

I prefer it this way. It shows the extent to which the government will go and the "wrist bomb" is way overdone.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Stupiid use of the self-destruct device? Yes. But I wouldn't say that if it's applied in an intelligent way.

Stalker

Stalker

Personally, that sounds like a far better ending to me than the one we got. The Government nuking everything & then covering it up has been done to death in damn near every movie ever made. It was just too predictable that we were going to see them in a death-lock & then get obliterated by the bomb...the self-destruct ending with him surrounded by aliens would have been a far better way to end the film.

gases

gases

Quote from: Biz on Jan 06, 2008, 03:27:28 AM
I prefer it this way. It shows the extent to which the government will go and the "wrist bomb" is way overdone.

Yes, it shows how far the government will go. And sets up the WY company as real mean bastards. This ending fits in more with the omnipotent company of aliens, and how far they go "crew expendable" blah blah.

Remonster

Remonster

I would've prefered the main Humans (Dallas, Ricky, Kelly, etc.) being the cause of the cities destruction. Instead of simply trying to escape, the main characters would've seen how much damage the Aliens could do. Consequentaly, while most humans are being captured or killed, they would've sabotaged the Nuclear Power Plant. They would arrive at the hospital, then fly to the plant. Dallas would stay behind to make sure the plant explodes and hold back the aliens while Ricky, Kelly and Molly escape.

Multiple Military Helicopters would've arrived to pick up any surviving civilians. Some copters would be taken out by aliens, and the rest would be destroyed by the explosion.

During this time, Wolf and Chet are fighting. The fight would've been longer, and the build up to the explosion would've been greater.

These are only some of the changes I would have made. Whilst watching the movie, I came up with a lot of changes in my head.

The Diesel

The Diesel

I would have just liked for the Predator to live for a change.  The Pred "hero" always dies at the end of all the movies.  I mean geez, what a tough life.  Can't they ever grow old enough to draw retirement?

Xhan

Xhan

"and no one know the actual age that Witchers can live to, because no Witcher has ever died of natural causes."

yellow snow predator

it would of been way better
but anyway te goverments got som exsplaining todo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed