For those who expected Oscar-worthy performances . . .

Started by AlienatedPredator, Jan 02, 2008, 05:36:53 PM

Author
For those who expected Oscar-worthy performances . . . (Read 5,070 times)

PHANTOM

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Jan 02, 2008, 05:36:53 PM
. . . VERY FEW movies of the hundreds released every year have Oscar-nominated performances; a very small percentage. In the entire history of both series only Sigourney has received a nomination (which she deserved to win, by the way). The Predator series has been characterized by macho bullshit and lame pussy jokes. So with that in mind I believe it is quite unrealistic to expect such caliber from AvPR.

Now imagine YOU have just been offered the job of directing your first Hollywood movie. Think you might be a tad nervous and intimidated? Add on impossible fanboy expectations, a lame scriptwriter and a small budget - do you really think YOU could pull Oscar-worthy material out of that mix? Yet some people seem to hold on to the reasoning that the first 3 Alien movies had higher-caliber material so that AUTOMATICALLY means ALL sequels will be held to that standard NO MATTER WHAT. Seems unreasonable; you should be able to let yourself go to a movie with the mind-set of just being entertained, because as I said less than 1% of all movies achieve such a high standard of film-making. With all that being said, feel free now to ignore the logic and go back to attacking the directors  ::)

210% agree

gases

Quote from: Saberfox on Jan 04, 2008, 06:30:55 AM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jan 02, 2008, 07:28:02 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Jan 02, 2008, 07:03:58 PM
Bro, let me tell you something, it's going to be the last time I say this so try to remember I said this!

I stopped giving at shit what people think of films a long time ago!!! I think most people are out of their f**king minds, maybe they party a little too hard on the weekends, or are they are still virgins, or maybe they are on drugs? They are crazy.

lol Man I've heard a couple of fans at this site and at other AVP forums say they didn't like Aliens?!!!!

I even heard other shit talk about films too at different sites, some say they didn't like Batman Begins?! I even heard a lot of people say they thought Die Hard 4 which got a 80% at rottentomatoes was pure crap and didn't stay true to it roots? lol. He'll I know we got some horror fans here, I even heard some people say they thought The Descent was shit and not scary at all? Over rated in other words.

I almost shit in pants when I saw that movie btw. I even heard some people say Transformers sucked?! I even heard people say The Matrix sucked?! I heard some people say I Am Legend sucked?! I will go as far as I heard some people say T2 was not that good?! Bahahah! Wow.

I am convinced that people take movies so seriously, for no reason btw, so much to the extreme that they become sick, truely sick in their mind. All the fun of watching all films in general is all gone now, because in their mind even if they don't know it yet, they have taken film way too seriously for no reason. Now I can understand if your working in film and your doing a big movie, your taking film very seriously in that case, but as a fan you need to calm the f**k down little doggy.

The truth is I don't think it's the directors or the crews fault anymore for making so called "bad movies," I think the fans take movies so serious, so much to the extreme that the bar is raised so unfairly high for no reason, movies alone can't make them happy anymore, and then it becomes a horror to watch now for them. I know some think they could do better, but in reality I'm sorry sweety you wouldn't last 10 seconds in the heat of real film-making.

Haters make watching movies no fun at all, even if your having fun they will try their best to crush your fun at all costs, even if it means everday they have to come to the fan sites and tell you your pathetic for liking this movie in codes, it's all one sick little game they play and it works on most people.

Even in high school, if one person says he or she doesn't like something most people will question to themself what they like and don't like, and most likely agree with the person who said so. It's not real, it's all a game, a sane person knows this, it's not a mystery. In other words make up your own dam mind, say it once, especially if it's negative, because no sane person wants to hear that shit over and over again. We already know! Thank you for coming sir lol. 

It's not that theres no hope in the franchise or in the film your watching, it's just that theres no hope for YOU!

WARNING - Some MAJOR SPOILERS... Proceed with extreme caution... ;)

Well, first of all, the majority as spoken, Phantom...MANY, MANY people are saying the exact same thing: the movie is bad, pisspoor bad... So, it is not just random opinions, it is the majority... And they are right...

Second, i don't know about you, but movies are, always were and always will be a passtime, but one that being a creative artistic enterprise, requires the 'creative', 'artistic' in it... namely speaking, quality product... This ain't it and never will... This is not cult material, because cult material has hidden gems...This is pure movie trash right there...Just some OC episode with ALiens and Predators in it...

Pure garbage... Some people are more demanding than others in the movies they see, others are not, and some others don't have the slightest clue what a movie is, what it needs to have to be called a movie...

To draw a schematic to you, since you don't get it in so many words:

Heres's the TOP of the movie food chain - Braveheart, Citizen Kane, every Oscar winning movie before it became a political arena...

Now here's the BOTTOM of the food chain - Elektra, Steven Segal movies, AVPR (15% in Rotten Tomatoes - 35 Reviews so far)

If I want entertainment, I like and procure QUALITY entertainment, not just any thing...

I am a fan of the original franchises and getting to like moe and more AVP seeing how AVPR clearly shows that it is of far less movie-making quality...AVP had a script, a setting, VFX and Aliens that made it worth it at least to watch... THIS sequel (and I DO mean SEQUEL in the worst posible meaning of the word) is unwatchable...too dark, too badly acted, too badly edited, with the Alien fights like a Boxing match (still can't get over the Predator 'striptease' scene, with the PQ just standing there, watching...naughty girl... :o :D)... And people thought tha the Celtic-Scar WWE fight was bad...What are they thinking now about the Wolf-PQ fight...?

Wolf immune to acid (he rips PQ's tongue and no acid spilled on his BARE chest (after the striptease...) and the Bros, think our fandomness 'blinds' us to those kind of obvious errors...

Well, it seems some are, but this movie will be gutted for the immense errors that render it the latest 'Catwoman/Elektra' out there...

I hope Europe shows FOX that we do care about a quality product, not some money-driven toxic waste...

::)

Uh, hello, I don't know what elitist world you live in pal, but the bold statement is terribly, terribly wrong.  The majority of people I know both online and off love the movie, and I can only think of maybe a few, like three, that didn't like it, but they didn't claim it was "piss-poor".  They just thought it could have been better, but it was an okay move in it's own right.  Seriously, stop trying to spread propaganda that the majority of movie-viewers hate this movie, which I can say without hesitation, is wrong, wrong, WRONG.

He's right. The majority isn't 35 critics and a few people you know.

Eidotemit

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jan 04, 2008, 08:30:25 AM
210% agree

wow, 210%, not 100 or 200, but 210! you're committed!  :D

but, no, I also completely agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed