New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book

Started by Darkness, Apr 21, 2007, 09:11:03 PM

Author
New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book (Read 45,946 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Look what we have here. You may remember ADI brought out a book around the time AvP was released called “The Creature Effects of ADI”. Well, they’re bringing another one out for AvP2. There’s two pictures on the right panel that are from AvP2, right? Okay, the Predator picture is too small to see anything but at least it’s something. :wink:

20070421_01

“Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest is the upcoming sequel to 2004’s Alien vs. Predator film. In this follow-up to the worldwide hit ALIEN VS. PREDATOR, the iconic monsters from two of the scariest film franchises ever, wage war in an American Midwestern town "" with the residents caught in the middle.”

Notice that they’re also using the “Survival of the Fittest” tagline on the book. Special thanks to Harry72 from AliensVsPredator.de for finding this.

Corporal Hicks

We definately know that the Predator gets into the sewers now.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Any chance of getting a larger pic?

Corporal Hicks

Not a chance. That was the size the picture came in.

SiL

SiL

Looks more menacing, but all they did was remove the dome and muck with the neck.

I want my Giger Alien back, not these ambulatory turds :'(

Corporal Hicks

I like it. I want my Alien to look scary and threatening and that one does.

SiL

SiL

I want my Alien to look like an Alien.

And that one doesn't.

Corporal Hicks

You want it too look like THE Alien.  :P

SiL

SiL

When it comes to this, people call me a purist, but I don't think that's fair.

I appreciate everything that went into the original design. The aesthetic, the sexual undertones, the uniqueness, its ultimate composition. So much went into creating something that was new and frightening, easily one of, if not the, best creature design to grace the screen. It was bizarre and twisted, a biomechanical parody of the human form.

And now it looks like a shit that gained sentience. A tube here or there. The second jaw, a slightly elongated head. Drool, a tail, protrusions on the back. But now it looks so far removed from what it was I just can't look at it and think 'That's the Alien'. It's not. It's a knock-off, a parody, something that belongs in a B-movie ripoff.

There end my two cents.

Highland

Highland

I actually thought the original Alien looked B movie.....each to his own!

I like this new one, its not too different, just enough..

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Nothing to complain about the Predator.
I hope the Alien has that ugly color only because of the lighting, I like my Xenos black. I agree with SiL, the original design was way better. This "Alien" looks more like some wild animal out of a zoo from the future. But when you look at this you know it's an Alien.
PS. SiL, check your PMs!

Highland

Highland

give them a chance lads! its one half frontal with bad lighting...!! :P

Uncanny Antman

f**k!

My number one hate of ADI's recent Aliens was the shitty top lip used in A:R and AvP...and it's still there!  Even though they dropped the dome, they kept that shit-eating, droopy-ass f**king lip.

Damn it.
Yeah, yeah.  I know I sound like a raving fanboy, but sometimes you just can't help it.  :)

Johnny Handsome

I think that Alien looks awesome, the head looks very creepy, couldnt be better in my oppinion, and the Predator...  we dont have to talk about him, hes just badass in all ways ;D

Keyes

Keyes

Looks pretty damn fine to me :) Can't wait till we get some footage!

Ppl just need to chill out a bit here and enjoy the ride!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed