Acid burns. *SPOILERS*

Started by Bad Replicant, Dec 29, 2007, 05:52:31 AM

Author
Acid burns. *SPOILERS* (Read 9,089 times)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThe acid is a defence mechanism that is most probably on the outer layer of skin and wouldn't be needed on the inside of the mouth for risk of melting the alien from inside out.

For whatever reason the Aliens are clearly immune to their own acid.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I think the reason for that would be pretty obvious.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

I'd think so too but I'm not the one who made the horrible echidna analogy. ;)

Redeemer

Redeemer

Quote from: gases on Dec 29, 2007, 01:48:42 PM
I said this earlier in the thread, not sure if people read it. Whats got you so sure the alien will "bleed" acid after it's tounge is ripped out. The acid is a defence mechanism that is most probably on the outer layer of skin and wouldn't be needed on the inside of the mouth for risk of melting the alien from inside out.

For me, the acid layer under the skin is an outer coating that does not extend to their entire body being made of acid, which is illogical.

I just don't see why an echidna would have spines inside it's mouth that has no need for protection.

So I wouldn't think acid would come out of said wound if it was internal, like if the tounge was ripped out.

That is an interesting Idea, i have never thought of something like that, and for all accounts, it would seem to make sense. As for the guy that posted above you a little ways in response to my post, that hunter didn't get splashed, a few drops landed on his arm. If these drops have that much melting force on a human arm, and Preds can place the stuff on their heads and only get a scar, then that is tougher skin.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

A:R would seem to discount the "outer layer" theory.

The Alien that gets done over by his mates has acidic blood all through whatever passes for guts in an Alien.  A big mass of intestinal jambalaya eatin' through several decks.  (How it never reached the outer hull is beyond me...we'll just call it luck.)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quotewe'll just call it luck.
I´ll call it a plot hole.

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

I think some of you guys don't know what a "plot hole" is. A plot hole would be if say a character completely disappeared like in Alien 3. A plot hole would be a jump from one scene in a movie to another with no indication of how the same characters got there.

Things like acid not burning and holes not melting far enough are not plot holes, they are just production mistakes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed