Performance by the guys in the suits

Started by YautjaWarrior, Dec 28, 2007, 09:47:39 PM

Author
Performance by the guys in the suits (Read 4,122 times)

TheAncientEnemy

I don't even recall us seeing an alien actually move unless it was a digital one seen through Wolf's vision modes. The rest were just headshots or shots from the chest up aside from the predalien.

The predator moved alright to me. He had a feel that was very similar to the style of Predator and Predator 2.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Dec 28, 2007, 11:19:44 PM
Yeah, I like how he made their personalities different. The Predalien was more take charge and take no crap from anyone.

Unfortunately I think we get that impression from the Predalien because the warriors don't do much of anything besides run around and get beaten down, whereas the Predalien acts more like the aliens usually did in the previous films.

Commander Aun

I think from what I have seen, Ian Whytes performance has been great in this film. Good job Ian Whyte you are doing Kevin Peter Hall justice.

Veteran Warrior

I've seen it 3 times, Ian Whyte rocks man. I love the sewer and hospital scenes. Tom Woodruff Jr. kicks butt.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

excellent work for Ian and tom! only part I didn't like is when wolf jumps down (cloaked) to the sewer entrence don't know why Just didn't like it.

Plokoon111

Tom and Ian did an 99% good job!

Predator is back!
Alien is back!

The Diesel

Tom Woodruff did an excellent job.  He always delivers.  The guy is untouchable.  Also, I think Ian Whyte was outstanding.  Not to take anything away from Kevin Peter Hall, but I think Ian moved faster and more fluid than Hall did in Predator and Predator 2.

Veteran Warrior

Ian had Kevins movements down to the T, and then he just expounded on them.

Sabres21768

Yep, I agree.

Ian did a FANTASTIC job with the Pred movements.

And I really like Tom's work in the Predalien suit.  VERY cool.

ashion

Considering how much more screen time and activity Ian had compared to Kevin, he certainly has stepped things up a little for the Predators in themselves. Ian's gettin hugs if he ever comes to Australia hehe.

SiL

SiL

Ian was great.

The only time I ever liked Tom in the suit was Alien3.

RidgeTop

Ian Whyte was great, almost better than Kevin Peter Hall.  Tom did a pretty good job as well.

Blaz

Blaz

Ian did a terrific job. Tom on the other hand, I don't know, something made me not like this as much as the other films. Like the scene in the hospital when Wolf slices Chet and she retreats, and then the normal alien comes in and stands over the door with both arms on each side. That pose just looked terrible... meh that's me.

Silent striker

Well yes indeed Kevin was the predator god rest his soul. As most of you know he died shortly after predator 2. (He died from HIV that he got from a bad blood transfusion.) Ian on the other hand is very much alive and kicking....kicking ass that is. He is great as the predator, though I felt his performance in avp was wooden and lacking in certain areas. However in avp:r much better and he moved better, he moved like he had a purpose.

Dusk

Dusk

Ian Whyte definitely did one hell of a good job. Compared to AvP, his performance improved by like 200%.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed