Script ideas...

Started by YautjaWarrior, Dec 28, 2007, 12:07:41 AM

Author
Script ideas... (Read 3,054 times)

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Well, i just got back from seeing AvP R. I thought it was better than AvP, but still wasn't the movie we fans should be getting considering how amazing these two franchises are.

It's pretty obvious at this point that the plots for these movies haven't even come close to those of their successors (not counting AvP). So I'm wondering, does anyone out there have any better ideas? Post 'em if you have 'em.  ;)

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

I agree, I liked it more than AVP. But each movie has been about containment, keeping the Aliens from spreading. Neither have really been about the war between the two races. I think it would be interesting to see an actual war between the two. Just my opinion.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: YautjaWarrior on Dec 28, 2007, 12:07:41 AM

It's pretty obvious at this point that the plots for these movies haven't even come close to those of their successors (not counting AvP). So I'm wondering, does anyone out there have any better ideas? Post 'em if you have 'em.  ;)

low budget ones or big budget ones?

MudButt

MudButt

It depends on how much money is given. If it's around the same as this one then make it have 1 Predator, 1 Alien, 1 ship, and a crew of humans stuck in the middle.

If it's a bigger budget then make it an actual war, instead of having Predators owning Aliens because Aliens are treated like caged animals who are only used for hunting and killing.

RabidBadger

RabidBadger

If it's got a budget or creative use of less of a budget, something using the depraved basis of the AvP2 game setting would be good.

Aliens really shouldn't be divorced from the "failed future" approach. Preds can step into that well enough.

carnotaurus1350

carnotaurus1350

I think one thing that should have been done was include a scene after the predship crashes showing the o.w.l.f. monitor tracking it, and maybe have one of the leads make a call to have the national guard to mobilize and be on call for Gunnison Colorado. At least then it would make sense how they got there so quickly..it would also add to the tension.

badass_badger

badass_badger

I really liked the setting for AvP2 on the PC. A jungle type planet. That'd be awesome. Set the whole thing between Alien and Aliens.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 28, 2007, 12:30:29 AM

low budget ones or big budget ones?

Whichever you have an idea for

RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Quote from: badass_badger on Dec 28, 2007, 12:54:40 AM
I really liked the setting for AvP2 on the PC. A jungle type planet. That'd be awesome. Set the whole thing between Alien and Aliens.

I like that there is actually a whole massive - and twistedly corrupt - WY base in operation on a planet where the xenomorphs are the dominant wild species. They take every possible precaution and are armed to the teeth and it's still massacre time once someone makes a (greed-related) mistake.

The Preds are more of a brutal subplot, which is fine.

The Marine characters probably would need an overhaul because the story structure is a mess and there is no depth there at all, but the setting itself is awesome and very consistent with Aliens-verse.

SMJ

SMJ

Just something set in the future where continuity cant be hurt. I'd prefer something after aliens or alien 3, maybe before Rez. I agree that something along the lines of the games with a jungle planet and marines would be cool. But I want multiple preds, cuz even though I love AVP:R, I don't wanna know which pred is gonna die and when. And we need the queen and at least one Predalien in it. maybe smooth AND ridge head aliens in the same movie? Explaining a difference between them perhaps?

Ccoletta86

Ccoletta86

an excellant script IMO that would revive the franchise the right way would be...

set it on a new colony on Ryuushi, 10 years after the events in Aliens, a Predator scout ship carrying the usual hunting party arrives and does what the hunting party in AVPR failed to do, bombard the colony with Facehuggers. the population gets infected and an elite team of Colonial Marines are sent in to investigate the lost contact who end up getitng in the crossfire between the aliens and predators

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

Well, i just got back from seeing AvP R. I thought it was better than AvP, but still wasn't the movie we fans should be getting considering how amazing these two franchises are.

I'm working on a script right now. Just for fun of course. It's got a lot of sub-textual themes, and lets the action take the back seat in order to let suspense, horror, and story take over.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

If I'd have had to do a rewrite with the same general idea...

1. Keep the Alien count at one
2. Use a smaller community
3. Focus on a father/daughter unit, with this unit encountering the Predator
4. Use Kelly's awkward return to civilian life to develop the settings and civilians
5. Explore the PredAlien's reproductive method, but in a different way
6. Use places with subtext for the creature battles
7. Use the town's call for help as the method by which The Company finds out about the Alien
8. Forsake the "boss fight" for human input in the PredAlien's demise
9. Allow the Predator to escape
10. Have the Company use its influence to cover up the massacre

My rationale probably needs to be explained in this, eh? Well, for starters: I think one Alien is enough. It's scary when one creature turns everything on its head. Exploring the Alien less as a viral plague and more as an urban myth given life would be really interesting, and it would allow the fights to have an unknown feel to it. I would have liked to see its rampage occur in a very small community, one where escape is much more difficult due to seclusion and where help isn't about to come anytime soon.

I would have liked to see some threads to the original Predator, which is why I proposed the family archetype. The way I see it is that the first film was a giant lesson in masculinity. One of the things it skims over is how the man's man protects the weak and is more Superman than Ubermensch. That was a parallel to the honor-gone-wrong Predator, which showed some cowardly traits. Ridley only skimmed over the maternal feels in his film with Ripley and her cat, but Cameron picked up on a theme and ran with it. I don't see why a Predator film can't have the same depth, working upon the Dutch/Anna dynamic present towards the end. Making the weaker one a relation to the male adds emotional impact and gives the male and the Predator both contrasts and a reason to have epic confrontations (given that you can set up the peril in such a way that the Predator isn't stalking humans for no reason when it could be fighting the PredAlien).

The soldier-coming-home idea is not bad if you look at it a certain way. If you were to have this small community as anti-war, I imagine a vet wouldn't be treated well. You can create the feel of a town that is perfectly content with ignoring the world around them to make their later plea for help one of desperation, and add depth to both sides in the process. Make some enmity, and soon you have characters that both shape the plot and make you want to see some folks get sliced 'n diced in a satisfying way.

The reproductive system...I have no issue with it being new, but I want one that plays off of body horror. It's just an idea and not one that everyone would like, but perhaps the PredAlien from the crash could be severely compromised. Thus, to continue on the cycle it would have to implant its seed into a single host before it just breaks down. This way, you could both give a small wink to Alien and open up hybrid possibilities. Will it implant a human? A dog? What? Who knows? It would give you the feel that you'd never quite know if the Alien was dead for good or still had a trump card someplace, and the single seed aspect puts the idea on a leash so it doesn't become like a plot device.

When I say that the settings could have subtext, I mean that you can have duels in churches and hospitals. Set up places that you can see the irony in, or that make you feel like the Alien and Predator are contaminants, truly extraterrestrial. While the film used the hospital, I would've played off of the wounded civilians being accosted yet again by the space monsters. Keeping the feeling that the audience can't expect any one place of safety to be safe for long is better than editing everything at a cheetah's pace.

The rest speaks for itself, and I've gotta go eat so I'm rushing. But that'd be a little of my ideas.

DemonKnight

DemonKnight

if fox gives a big budget for the next one, they really need to advertise that fact.  they need some extremely spectacular effects for the marketing campaign.  stuff similar to transformers marketing.   

gases

gases

just put it on another planet. Preferably jungle like, with a large clearing for housing, but otherwise completely surrounded in jungle. (would look good at night for aliens).

If it's on another planet and it has interesting characters i'll be happy.

If there is 1 alien and 1 predator the predator must be severely disadvanted. What about a bad blood being exiled to a particular planet with only his wristblades and combistick or just wristblades, or even just a knife. The circling preds infect the colony of humans and the badblood is trying to survive or something vs alien or aliens.

Work in something about WY wanting to catch the one alien or something. But this way the predator alien fights could happen without causing fatal injuries and could happen several times.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed