Why there won't be any "stars"

Started by War Wager, Apr 16, 2007, 10:32:01 AM

Author
Why there won't be any "stars" (Read 5,787 times)

Highland

Highland

Performance or no Performance, It was Ripley who ruined the Franchise not the Directors....(for me) 

1 main Character over the span of what ? 300 years.....and did we ever learn that much about the Alien itself? The space Jockey?

The scripts were built around her, and not around the Alien......Which is why Alien is so good and the rest are so poor.

Aliens is the exception because Cameron at least filled the screen with Memorable characters and great Action sets. (and also a reason to include her part)

Can you Imagine Predator with Dutch flighting the Predators every movie.....?

I'd rather have a Anderson Half assed AVP, than ever see ripley in another Alien movie.

Corporal Hicks

Yes. I stand by that. Alien3 was a fantastic ending to the trilogy. But Fox ruined it with the insistance of Ripley's return which really narrowed down the story possibilities for Alien Res. I wonder what it had been like had Whedon been able to do anything...

darkbladepred

This kind of movie shouldn't have really well known actors for a reason: We think we know what to expect from them. We've seen them before.

(and the final destination movies were nothing more than dead teenager movies. I hope the attatchment of those people doesn't mean AVP2 will lean in that direction.)

Uncanny Antman

No stars?

C'mon, I only just noticed that Hutch the Asshole from Joe Schmo is in AvP2.

You can't tell me that's not cool.

Alright, you can...it's not cool.  But I dig it anyway.

Man, I need another drink.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

My opinion?  Stars cost a pretty penny, simple as that.  Why choke out a fortune for a name when you can invest in the movie itself instead?  Ugh, I really have to get off this "Money-Train-of-Thought"

SM

SM

QuoteAlso,she was bitching about why she isnt in AVP.

When did she say that?

As SiL said, which you quoted but apparently didn't read, she wasn't interested in AvP.  She thought it was a horrible idea.

And why would an actress with her resume automatically know what a Predator is?

QuoteI'd rather have a Anderson Half assed AVP, than ever see ripley in another Alien movie.

And that was exactly what you got.

Rinse-repeat.

QuoteThe Alien and the Predator are the "stars".  The first AVP followed this route, and it was a success.

Even people who like to watch it go "yeah it sucks but I still like it".  Gimme-gimme that kind of success...

slipknotpredator

i don´t mind if there are no stars if we have a good story and efects, nice predators and aliens

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed