Wasted Actors?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 16, 2007, 08:03:02 AM

Author
Wasted Actors? (Read 5,490 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Does anyone else think that A Res wasted some potentially fantastic "human villian" actors? Brad Dourif and Leland Orser are some very awesome actors and I think AR just wasted them. They could have played some very interesting and fantastic villians.

Cromartie

Cromartie

Yeah dourif invented the game "hide the soul" lol.

War Wager

War Wager

I agree they had great characters and deserved more screen time...  >:(

topman

topman

please don't talk about AR 4!!! :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't mean the characters were wasted, I mean the actors were wasted on the roles.

Newsfop

Newsfop

What's with the "Leland Orser would've made a greater villian if" threads? He played a neutral character with a very serious problem. Nothing about him said villian to me. And as for Dourif, I think he was fine as a tweaky techno doc.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haven't you seen Orser in other stuff? He's a way better villian than crazy pussy.

Cromartie

Cromartie

Dourif didnt really die all he had to do was say those magick ickle words and everything wud of been all better for him..... LOL... ;) ;D

SM

SM

The trick is to leave the audience wanting more.  And if they wanted more of Orser, Dourif - even Wincott - then the jobs done.  Besides these guys had as much screen time as any other supporting character (maybe not Wincott).

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Ya know some of us haven't memorized the name of all the actors in the Alien/Predator films.... ::)

SM

SM

Brad Dourif = Dr Gediman
Leland Orser = Purvis
Michael Wincott = Elgyn

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

God that didn't help.
lol ::) :D

SM

SM

Well f**k off and look them up and come back when you want to actually contribute something vaguely relevant.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think I'm not being clear am I? I think that the actors - and their talent - where wasted on the roles they play in Res. They could have played some awesome villians in the Alien universe, but instead was got them wasted in Res since they canne be in anymore Alien films - well could but wont.

SM

SM

I don't really mind to be honest.  Dourif and Orser are both class acts  - and Dourif WAS a villain - and they both a got a decent amount of screen time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed