Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 676,216 times)

Aliens1986fanboy

Aliens1986fanboy

In my opinion AVPR is definitely the better movie because it had gore, lots of action and carnage.
And I love the ending.

SM

SM

Gore and carnage.

The Old One

The Old One

To be fair, AVP is bloodless.

So, I was ten and when AVPR released- The "blurb" enthused.
But I soon realized that, the "Unrated Edition" I received- a film unremarked upon until then.
I then realised this film, with these names- is bargain bin material.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Not that I ever thought it was great or anything but upon my recent viewing of AVPR it really occurred to me just how repugnant it is. It's so meanspirited and ugly.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

AVP.

It sure is no masterpiece by any means but it did the one thing this crossover is all about better :

The aliens vs predator clashes.
That's what i wanted to see in an Alien vs Predator movie. And while AVP's big fight looks more  like two dudes in rubber costumes wrestling on the ground than two deadly combatans in mortal combat, it sure is better than any fight in the sequel. There they look like one dude in a rubber costum throwing empty, floppy rubber costumes around. 
I can forgive much in an crossover movie like Alien vs Predator. But screwing up the one thing it is all about is a no no. And in that part the first one delivers (slightly) more.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Its a draw for me on 2018. I don't even care.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I'm actually surprised by how close the votes are.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well this thread was started on the day after release so back then I'm sure the AVPr hype was still there. Also, if I recall correctly the theatrical run was well lit. So everyone was able to make a basic judgement on the movie. Now with the awful home media transfer, you simply can't see shit.

I think I voted for AVPr because of how boring AVP was.

SM

SM

A lot of people were complaining about the darkness during the theatrical run.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Predator2fanboy on Sep 30, 2018, 11:18:49 AM
In my opinion AVPR is definitely the better movie because it had gore, lots of action and carnage.
And I love the ending.

I hear what you're sayin' there. I sometimes find myself wondering which is worse. Then I watch them again. For all the narrative faults and character issues of AVPR, it at least feels like the directors gave a damn. The creatures create bloody havoc, and that's exactly what I expect from them. And I find wolfs scenes in the woods and at the power plant to be much more entertaining than anything from the first AVP film. No friendly creatures either, which was a big issue for me with AVP.

The first film just felt so....baby-ish. Everything, all of it, was horrifyingly watered down. Call it Peter Benchley's AVP, and I wouldn't even know the difference. I was waiting for the landshark to appear.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP.

Frosty Venom

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 30, 2018, 06:20:50 PM
To be fair, AVP is bloodless.

So, I was ten and when AVPR released- The "blurb" enthused.
But I soon realized that, the "Unrated Edition" I received- a film unremarked upon until then.
I then realised this film, with these names- is bargain bin material.

But in your profile it is said that you're 6 years old now! LIAR!

Spoiler
:) :) :)
[close]

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's AVP without question.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 12, 2019, 12:38:34 AM
It's AVP without question.

The plastic faced predator, bad acting by the lead actress, cheesy team up and toned-down nature kill it for me.

I can't take friendly predators. I just can't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed