Confusing theory

Started by Vader the White, Apr 15, 2007, 05:00:24 PM

Author
Confusing theory (Read 2,978 times)

Vader the White

Vader the White

I was on wikipedia and while looking on the xenomorph page, ther was many different ideas sadi about Queen origins. This one makes no sense:
In the RoleMaster supplement Aliens: the Roleplaying Game, queens are said to be born only from a living host without a Facehugger that has been allowed to wander free.

Could someone explain this one? Because it make no sense to me at all.

Danger Close

Danger Close

In the comics, Queens are found in random eggs, after hatching they leave the hive to start thier own.

SM

SM

The theory is obviously based on the opening of Alien3.

Sounds rather superficial though.

Vader the White

Vader the White

But it says without a facehugger. This is what confuses me. (I don't beilive this theory, I just want a explantation of this theory that make sence )

SM

SM

Looks like a typo.  It reads likes it supposed to be "queens are said to be born only from a living host with a Facehugger that has been allowed to wander free."  ie. the hugger on the Sulaco that actively went looking for a host rather than waiting for a host to present themselves like normal eggs.

Free Range Facehugger (TM).

Vader the White

Vader the White

That's a really bad typo if it made with into without. It's not like it's a simple typo like turning brain into brian.

SM

SM

Dunno.

Just guessing really because it makes no sense - logically or grammatically - with the original wording.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fawdrey on Apr 15, 2007, 06:04:27 PM
In the comics, Queens are found in random eggs, after hatching they leave the hive to start thier own.

I'm sure it was with Royal Jelly in the comics.

SiL

SiL

Royal Jelly is for 'Queen Mothers' ::)

Dachande

Dachande

Royal Jelly tastes like Guava!! But, yea it was probably just a bad typo, i see them in the newspaper every day...typos that is...not Royal Jelly...or Guavas.....well occasionally Guavas

SM

SM

Queen eggs seemed tp be pretty random in the comics.  And rather stupidly had huggers with spikes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed