How bad is the teen drama? *Spoilers*

Started by That Yellow Alien, Dec 26, 2007, 05:02:53 AM

Author
How bad is the teen drama? *Spoilers* (Read 6,541 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 26, 2007, 05:14:38 AM
Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 26, 2007, 05:12:43 AM
Any of the teen stuff was 10 times better than:

LOL THESE ARE SERPENTS

WE HAS TO CHOOSE A SIDE, GIVE THE GUARD BACK HIS GUN

I'd have that over crappy, cliched teen drama in an alien and predator movie anyday.

I second that. Seriously, you just take a shit down the throats of Giger, Winston, Scott, Cameron, and Fincher and all their hard work when you do that. Greg Strause said the other films were complex and they didn't want to dumb it down, well that's what teen drama does, it cheapens cheapens cheapens. Poor Ridley.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The horrible jumps in logic seen in AVP are slightly worse than the teen drama. Emphasis on "slightly."

echobbase79

echobbase79

I liked the Ricky character, which surprised me, so I bought into it. Yes, Dale and goons were stupid but go to any highschool and you'll find them there. Its just these actors did it badly. And I liked Jesse too.

I don't look at it so much as teen drama but more like this is life kind of shit. I think that's what turns people off about this setting. I think everything is a little to close to home and you can relate to it a little to much. It doesn't make it feel alien enough is what I getting at.

I mean it was weird seeing a predator on the street but I didn't find it stupid either. 

That Yellow Alien

I'd find it weirder seeing an Alien on a street than a Predator.

What's the pool scene like? Have we pretty much seen it all online already?

gfanikf

gfanikf

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 26, 2007, 05:20:21 AM
The horrible jumps in logic seen in AVP are slightly worse than the teen drama. Emphasis on "slightly."

Umm, I would say the teen drama was really awful, but its a monster movie, in this case the human drama more importantly didn't interfere with the monster plot of bog the film down.

I would say treat it like a old school monster movie mash up (ie some of the Godzilla films, Frankenstein Meets Wolf Man or more accurate Frankenstein meets the Space Monster :)). Maybe my preference to the Predator films (hell I love Predator 2) as opposed to the Alien films (there ok, I just like the Predator as a character more, though the Aliens are still good villains), can explain the analogy.

Go in with that thought and you'll be just fine (my friend hated it, but admitted besides the PredAlien biology, the monster scenes were all fine). Its just a side effect of the CW producing most teen actors these days lol. On its own though its is funny bad (the non-teen stuff is fine and adequate though).

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It was ok, i care more about the story and the action then the drama.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 26, 2007, 05:28:22 AM

you've seen it. just not on the big screen.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

It was still pretty much a mindf**k seeing the Alien come in the kitchen door.

Surely don't belong in a city environment.

Thank God we'll never see that again.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 26, 2007, 05:35:06 AM

That was WEIRD! The alien was in a bright room too, might as well be in daylight. The predalien looked kinda awkward in the hospital, since it's not really dark. Bright as hell.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Dec 26, 2007, 05:37:07 AM

That was WEIRD! The alien was in a bright room too, might as well be in daylight. The predalien looked kinda awkward in the hospital, since it's not really dark. Bright as hell.

When was it on the kitchen floor?

Hicks you talking about the power plant scene with the alien?

Lucian Laurentis

I saw it tonight and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I would say the teen drama is done pretty well, thats how it was at my High School. It was there to give the movie a feeling of it actually being in a town and people really living there. Teens live in towns just as much as adults. It wasn't to dumb it down. And of course the fact of Aliens on Earth is a little different but to me it's quite a horrifying idea. They'd have so many people to cacoon and impregnate, they'd multiply quicker than roaches.

There would be nooo escape.

P.S. One of my favorite scenes was when the doctor noticed all the monitors flat-lining. It made me laugh. XD

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 26, 2007, 05:28:22 AM

You've seen pretty much the whole pool scene, but there is some more that is associated with the pool scene that is not in the clip but in the final film.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 26, 2007, 05:14:38 AM
Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 26, 2007, 05:12:43 AM
Any of the teen stuff was 10 times better than:

LOL THESE ARE SERPENTS

WE HAS TO CHOOSE A SIDE, GIVE THE GUARD BACK HIS GUN

I'd have that over crappy, cliched teen drama in an alien and predator movie anyday.

i agree with GOM

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 26, 2007, 05:39:04 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Dec 26, 2007, 05:37:07 AM

When was it on the kitchen floor?

Hicks you talking about the power plant scene with the alien?

After it killed the guy chef, and it came in to kill CArrie.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Oh yeah. Did it eat that guy?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed