AVP2 Name not official.

Started by xeno_alpha_07, Apr 13, 2007, 10:25:43 AM

Author
AVP2 Name not official. (Read 11,953 times)

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: >>PredAlien Warrior<< on Apr 21, 2007, 08:45:05 PM
I think they should just call it AvP2, nobody getting a ticket to see it is going to say "a ticket for Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest please". Thats a mouthful...  :P
Do people say the whole title all of the time? No. They would say "a ticket for AVP2 please," instead.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 21, 2007, 06:11:37 PM
Colin Strause:

QuoteThey need to change the title of book, because that isn't our name of our film. And it's nice seeing the creatures in the real look of the film.

Yeah, they seem pretty organised down there... If they find it difficult to come up with a name, what does that tell you...? And they can't even coordinate with ADI...?  :o

Either this is a foul-up or the Strauses are doing a little lying over there at IMDB... I wouldn't be surprised...That is what Marketing does... Convincing lies to sell the product or just misdirection employment...

Eheh...

Man, why so much desinformation about a simple tagline...? Just do it already, stupid Fox...! >:(

Even the title is being hidden...And for what...?!  What wil they gain from this, other than showing themselves as the disorganised hacks they are...?!

Man, this is one of the reasons I like Warner... so much more professional and organised than these Fox dumbasses...!  ::)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

They haven't even thought of a good tagline yet, don't piss yourself. I think they should just call it "AvP 2".

Dachande

Dachande

Dude, please just shut up. Ok, so you might hate Fox, but theres no need to keep on hurling abuse in EVERY SINGLE POST. The same with AvP2, so you might THINK, its gonna fail, fair enough but constantly forcing your opinion on us EVERY SINGLE POST is just irritating and annoying, so just give it a break ffs!

Danger Close

Danger Close

Survival of the Fittest was most likely a loose name thrown around when the film was getting off the ground, Colin has clearly said that it is NOT the title. So untwist your panties.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Fawdrey on Apr 23, 2007, 03:32:30 AM
Survival of the Fittest was most likely a loose name thrown around when the film was getting off the ground, Colin has clearly said that it is NOT the title. So untwist your panties.

Ok, if you take Colin's word for it... by all means...

Katarn

Katarn

Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Apr 23, 2007, 02:33:04 PM

Why not? he's the director  8)

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Just ignore him. Haters will be haters.

Champiionser

Champiionser

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Apr 23, 2007, 05:00:17 PM
Just ignore him. Haters will be haters.

Most of them pretend to be haters.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Katarn on Apr 23, 2007, 03:39:24 PM
Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Apr 23, 2007, 02:33:04 PM

Why not? he's the director  8)

...on Fox's payroll... Until some official website or press release clarifies things, I take what Colin says as Marketing, not fact... See it is believing it... or something around those lines...

I filter and do some 'rumour-control' regarding Colin's IMDB publicity stunts... Until some real fact info regarding the title, rating, synopsis, high resolution pics, not this 60 by 40 crap... Until then, I don't care much about what he says... They all say a bunch of crap before the premiere anyway, so... I wait until some real info about what to expect storywise is out... this does not interest me...

Oh, and Colin is only allowed to leak info sanctioned by Fox, so think again if he is doing this for the fans... he is under contract, so...

I don't actually care much about the designs... That is just fan stuff... not what a movie is all about...  

I don't care about Colin speaking about everything EXCEPT what the title, synopsis, etc... will be, and that is the relevant info in my book, not small, low resolution, decontextualised screenshots...

That didn't matter much to me when I was anticipating AVP, why would it matter to me now...?

I liked the AVP designs fine, didn't dwell on them much... ADI is not Stan Winston, so of course the Pred designs would be different... But that was never what I wanted to know... I knew about the synopsis way in advance... it was interesting enough to go see it... The amount of trailers on the web helped spice it up a bit... But AVP was the original... The sequel will always have less hype, especially given the direction that Fox took...

I am not a fan who will see just any movie with As and Ps... I am a fan who will only see a movie if the first feedback is positive... However, once I knew this sequel would be on Earth in a small Midwestern town... that made me think twice... I don't care about the spectacle, that is just for show, what I do care is the story and the coherence between what happens here and what will happen 150 years later...

And selon ALIENS, nobody except the Nostromo ever laid eyes on a xeno before Burke sent an expedition to check it out AFTER Ripley's hearing... So how could they have landed on LV-426 specifically on WY orders to retrieve the xeno but WY would let colonists live there for years without them ever complaining 'about any hostile organism' (van Leuen, WY CEO)... This is what we know...

How AVP2 will link to that will be about the only thing worthwhile about the movie...and the most dangerous thing of all... And that is all that matters to me, not the designs, not the publicity, or decoy marketing, but CONTINUITY being PRESERVED... If they fail to do that, it would be better if they didn't do this sequel in the first place...

The story will always be more important than the designs... ADI is quite capable, the art department and set decoration is always professional, so the technical aspect and look may divide fans, but will not be where this movie might fail...

I say 'might' because of my reservations, not because I hope and pray it will... That is not what I want, particularly with so many people craving for it... All I am doing is expressing my concerns about the various aspects of the movie we know so far... If they circumvent the continuity problems with Aliens on Earth, then I will be the first to be here stating that they pulled it off and all my concerns were uncalled for...

I give you my pledge on that... So until then, I beg your leave, a leave I owe Darkness since this morning, wishing all the best for everybody and hoping AVP2 pulls it off...
They owe it to Alien and Predator fans... So take care and see you after AVP2...

PS - Sorry, Katarn, I was aiming at a short reply, and ended up with this LONG farewell post... my last...Trust me...

And just as a reminder, I am not a 'hater'...you have a tendency to label people too easily... I dislike Fox for the past mistakes, but still am giving them the benefit of the doubt, not for me, but for all the fans out there who will see it... If I am right, I will wish I wasn't, again for your sake... If I am wrong, good...  That will be all...

Cheers...     ;)

Darkness

Darkness

I've tried to be patient with you but your posts today have gone too far. I'm banning you from the site for the foreseeable future. Like I said in my PM to you last night, the problem with you is that no matter what AvP2 is like, you'll hate it anyway. You come here every day posting these overly long and negative posts, who are you trying to convince? You've pissed off just about every single person on this forum and you don't even seem to understand why.

Dachande

Dachande

HALLELUJAH!

>__>

<__<

*Gives Darkness a BIG COOKIE*

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Darkness, you're amazing! ;D

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

hahaha we all agree with darkness 8)

dDave

dDave

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 23, 2007, 07:58:31 PM
I've tried to be patient with you but your posts today have gone too far. I'm banning you from the site for the foreseeable future. Like I said in my PM to you last night, the problem with you is that no matter what AvP2 is like, you'll hate it anyway. You come here every day posting these overly long and negative posts, who are you trying to convince? You've pissed off just about every single person on this forum and you don't even seem to understand why.

!!! RESPECT !!! RESPECT !!!

;)

>>>>amazing job<<<<<

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed