Strauses for AvP 3?

Started by Hudson, Dec 26, 2007, 02:59:51 AM

Now that we've seen AvP 2, do we want them back for the 3rd?

Bring them back!
90 (53.3%)
Get them outta here!
79 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author
Strauses for AvP 3? (Read 38,571 times)

Wraith

Wraith

Quote from: Miranasi on Dec 26, 2007, 03:23:08 AM
Danny Boyle would probably go for "Alien 3" lame-ness syndrome with caracters on a level of "despair" and "despair+" ... so no thanks....  :-\

For alien 5 and Predator 3 i reckon Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron/Ridly Scott team...

But if AVP 3 went ahead... gimme this director: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372183/

Guess im one of the few who thinks ALIEN 3 was an underrated masterpiece and dare i say it, better than ALIENS. One thing i want, most of all for the next film, is for the aliens to not be mindless cannon fodder, make them play mind games with there victims etc. Not jump for the hell of it and get blasted away.

Miranasi

Miranasi

Oh dont get me wrong.. i dug Alien 3. .it wasnt a "masterpiece" but definitely a good movie... DAnny Boyle i'm not too crazy about though  ;)

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

i still think alien 3 was the best alien film to date.

as for the brothers comming back, as i said before, no , but not  f**k you ass hole kinda way but more of a polite "no thankyou :)". i think just like PWSA he seems like a nice guy and all and i'm sure he was trying his best to work things out but as for now i want someone who are more experienced.

i'm more mad about fox than the brothers. they dont seem to give a shit about making a good movie.

Yautja666

Yautja666

Yes they are good at it, just change the script writter and Fox better pouring some more money next time. Biggest problems which few money can do are: average actors, no space scenario with expensive sets and such($$), short edited scenes and uninventive script. I blame Fox for the feeling they almost don't care anymore to their two most successful sci-fiction franchise.

Miranasi

Miranasi

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Dec 26, 2007, 03:35:13 AM
i'm more mad about fox than the brothers. they dont seem to give a shit about making a good movie.

Ditto... Fox needs to .. just die..

gameoverman

gameoverman

The next movie will be in space but be on par with Jason X.  Mark my words.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 26, 2007, 03:45:04 AM

thats a tragedy...

although this movie seems to be on par with jason x as well..

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

Perhaps Scott will venture back into Alien because of what he sees...oh well, maybe Micheal Mann be nice..or the man, James Cameron but he is too busy with Avatar to care right now. Anybody but Paul verhovan, i see aliens with nipples and they are purple in color...eeesshh!

badass_badger

badass_badger

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Dec 26, 2007, 03:48:19 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 26, 2007, 03:45:04 AM

thats a tragedy...

although this movie seems to be on par with jason x as well..

Oh come on, it was not THAT bad.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: WhySoSerious on Dec 26, 2007, 03:51:41 AM
Perhaps Scott will venture back into Alien because of what he sees...oh well, maybe Micheal Mann be nice..or the man, James Cameron but he is too busy with Avatar to care right now. Anybody but Paul verhovan, i see aliens with nipples and they are purple in color...eeesshh!

The thing abou Verhoeven is that he can make good, visceral, gory action movies but with intelligence as well.  I like how there is a satirical streak in all his movies.

QuoteOh come on, it was not THAT bad.

I'm not saying it was, but it's just that this is the way the franchise seems to be headed.

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

Narrowing it down from my last post on this topic, if a new director had to be picked, I'd root for either Ronny Yu or Guillermo del Toro. Yu because I thought he did a pretty decent job on on the fight scenes in 'Freddy Vs. Jason'. Toro because not only does is this guy a magician at visual and CG effects, he has an INCREDIBLE imagination (ever seen 'Pan's Lanyrinth'?).

EDIT: Plus, I thought 'Blade II' and 'Hellboy' were awesome.  8)

PredaNinja

PredaNinja

For Visual Effects: Yes.
For Script/Direction: No.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Hell ya bring them back AVP-R was good as hell for what they had to work with as far as script

Hudson

Hudson

I don't really wanna push AvP 3 on the resume of any director I have respect for, such as Verhoeven or Boyle.  I just want the movies to stop now.  Honestly, I've never felt that way before.  Even though this was an improvement over AvP, it was just too much of a letdown of what I expected for me to believe that Fox will ever get it right again.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

It would take a real Christmas miracle for 20th Century to do everything that's necessary to make a good AVP film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed