AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie

Started by Its Game Time, Apr 11, 2007, 12:57:17 AM

Whats your fave movie out of the whole franchise?

Predator
164 (19.3%)
Predator 2
45 (5.3%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
29 (3.4%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
25 (2.9%)
Alien
203 (23.9%)
Aliens
305 (35.9%)
AlienĀ³
51 (6%)
Alien Resurrection
8 (0.9%)
Predators
12 (1.4%)
Prometheus
2 (0.2%)
Alien: Covenant
4 (0.5%)
The Predator
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 793

Author
AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie (Read 182,206 times)

Dreadlock Holiday

Predator I love that movie.

Randy1209

Randy1209

I'm legitimately surprised that Resurrection ranks lower than AVPR, a movie almost zero redeeming values.

Just a friendly Xenomorph

I would choose Aliens any day, even if I was a predator. I just love the feeling, setting, characters and the ALIENS! But my favorite pred movie is the first, obviously.

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

Quote from: aliensetta on Apr 17, 2007, 04:49:10 PM
Alien Resurrection was the first alien movie I've seen. thats why i became alien fan.

That's a totally fare comment. People really bashing Alien Resurrection? it was bad yes. Well ok yeah it does deserve a good bashing in most parts. But come on it was nowhere near as bad as AVPR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

My personal favourite is still Alien. It set everything up for what was to come. It was the only movie out of the series that gave me the shits. The chest Burster scene was on another level in movies. That scene was done so well. I would however say James Cameron did a fantastic sequel which worked really well with almost every character you didn't want to die. The Queen battle at the end was truly a masterpiece.

"Get away from her you Bitch"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Can the various polls here be updated with the newer films?

I would also suggest listing the films by release date, there's no reason to discern any kind of straight timeline anymore.

Huntsman

Huntsman

My favorite films are:

ALIEN
ALIENS
ALIEN 3
PREDATOR
PREDATOR 2
PREDATORS

Perfect-Organism

Aliens is my favorite film of all time.  I actually enjoy good quality nightmares based on that film..

Hyperdyne120-a2

Hyperdyne120-a2

ALIEN. Hands down. Defined the genre, and as Dan Obannon says, closed the book on it. It had everything it needed. Aliens is fantastic, among the best sequels in movie history, took what Alien did and made it better, took it further, expanded on Ripley and gave us awesome new beloved characters. But Alien started everything and was a true innovation. Predator is awesome, but without going into loads of detail, sci-fi horror kind of trumps sci-fi action for me. Beyond that, none of the films really contend for 1st place (though I love them all for their own reasons...except AVPR and Ressuraction 😑😑)

Reichu

Reichu

Voted Alien 3. At one point, the second one was my favorite, but as I got older the third one just resonated with me more.

Helipilot713

Helipilot713

Favorite Movies:
1. Aliens
2. Predator 2
3.Predator
4. Alien
5. Alien 3
6. Predators
7. AVP Requiem
8. AVP
9. Prometheus
10. Alien: Covenant
11. Alien Resurrection

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

1 - Predator & Alien
2 - Aliens, Alien 3 & Predator 2
3 - Alien Resurrection
4 - Prometheus
5 - AVP R
6 - Alien Covenant
7 - Predators
8 - AVP

I know, f**ked up order, but really can't choose between some of them  :P

The Old One

The Old One

My favourites will rotate between the first three Alien films, Predator 1 & 2 are roughly the same to me but for different reasons. Predators is hardly worth mentioning there's f**k-all memorable about it.
Prometheus is interesting, not good but has moments where it has sparks. Covenant, I still don't know what I think of it. No I don't like David making the Alien but I appreciate the sentiment, the Frankenstein parallels and of course Fassbender's performance(s)- glad they keep using Guy Pearce's Peter Weyland as he's the best, the more he appears in Alien media the better. Neomorphs are also good and how they redefine the Pathogen.

AVP is trash, corny and enjoyable in places.
AVPR is horrible, truly the bottom of the barrel.

Huggs

Huggs

1. Alien 3: Assembly Cut
2. Alien: Director's Cut
3. Aliens: Directors Cut
4. Predator
5. Predator 2

Honorable mention to Predators. Everything else is just for funzies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on May 29, 2018, 04:40:28 AM2. Alien: Director's Cut

Curious as to why you prefer the DC to the theatrical?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed