AVP-R Artical in NY Daily News *No Spoilers*

Started by Jango1201, Dec 24, 2007, 01:21:22 AM

Author
AVP-R Artical in NY Daily News *No Spoilers* (Read 14,485 times)

Jango1201

So I was reading the 'Now' section of the New York daily news today and there was a small artical on AVP-R. I found it quite interesting because it mentions the fan base of the franchise and so on. Here is the artical. I dont have a scanner so I had to type the whole thing instead.

You wouldn't want to get in the middle of a battle between the Alien and the predator - or an argument between the fans of these respective sci-fi series. But its unavoidable for Greg and Colin Strause, brothers who are also co-directors of ''Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem'', the second mash-up of the two popular thriller franchises.
              "The fans are rabid," says Greg strause, 32. "Predator fans don't like Alien fans and vice verca. We kinda had to pick our battles."
             Part of the conflict has to do with the origins of the two series: "Alien" (1979) spawned three sequals, with all four films set in space in the future. "Predator (1987) was set in current times and spawned only one sequal.
             "Alien vs. Predator" (2004) brought both sets of creatures to Earth, creating a backstory about the Predators breeding the Aliens to hunt them for sport. "AVP-R" picks up where "AVP" left off - beggining in space before dumping both the Alien and the Predators in an unsespecting American town. There's even an Alien-Predator hybrid, called the Predalien,that joins the fray.
              "All these movies are very complex and so we had to be sure we did'nt dumb it down," Says Colin Strause, 31. "We had to make a story that worked for the people who had never seen any of them. But we also made sure there were enough other goodies so that people who are geeked out would be satisfied as well."

Thats all there is. I thought it was worth a post and being that they mentioned us "Rabid fans" I thought you guys would find that pretty funny.   ;D    Happy Holidays Everyone  :)

Colin_Strause

Well, aren't you?   :D

Jango1201

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 24, 2007, 01:24:49 AM
Well, aren't you?   :D

Arent I what? Im a lot of things right now

Pred-Xeno

Dark Passenger

Haha, i see what colin and greg were saying, when ya think about it.....we are an unbeatable rabid army of alien/predator movie protectors.... :D :) ;)

That Yellow Alien

I have rabies. Damn squirrels...

Jango1201

Am I the only melow one on this site who is not foaming at the mouth. Well actually I'm only foaming because theres only a little more than a day left till the movie opens here.

D88M

Thanks for posting, and happy holydays for everyone too. BTW, that article is almost the most hilarous thing that i have heard on all the day :D

"All these movies are very complex and so we had to be sure we did'nt dumb it down"

"We had to make a story that worked for the people who had never seen any of them. But we also made sure there were enough other goodies so that people who are geeked out would be satisfied as well."

:D

Mr. Weyland

Us alien and predator are probably the most aggressive protective fans I have ever know, fun article  ;D 

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Thanks for posting and that made me laughing a lot  :D.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Dec 24, 2007, 01:39:59 AM
Us alien and predator are probably the most aggressive protective fans I have ever know, fun article  ;D 

lol, ditto^....we are as vicious as the creatures we love and protect....

That Yellow Alien

You talk shit about the Aliens, I'll orally rape you...

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 24, 2007, 01:43:17 AM
Tell me when its up on youtube. ;D

That Yellow Alien

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 24, 2007, 01:43:17 AM

hahahahahaha, note to self....dont insult aliens.... :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed