AVPR fever in Auckland!!

Started by Wolfs Girl, Dec 22, 2007, 10:17:59 PM

Author
AVPR fever in Auckland!! (Read 7,798 times)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Why does every ware get this film before UK (and some other places) is it because Anderson came from here or something? 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's the general way of things. I know not the reasoning.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

I don't know why you get it last. All I know is that is sucks.
I'm a big fan of the worldwide release, honestly it should be fair if they did that with all films. This waiting longer than most people SUCKS!!

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Dec 24, 2007, 12:40:10 AMis it because Anderson came from here or something?

Now that's funny. ;D

But in all seriousness, I suppose it might have to do with the risk behind this. Having it released worldwide on Christmas Day might prove disastrous if that strategy gets sunk.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It'd have fit in pretty nicely, I reckon. All we've got out Xmas period is stupid kiddy films.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Wolfs Girl on Dec 22, 2007, 10:17:59 PM
Well it's here, I snapped these the other day.
I went past the huge banner in town in the hope AVPR would be in this spot and my hopes came true and everyone sees this as it is in the busy part of town, a lot of commuters, uni students etc can't help but notice this monster.
There are also special printed cans with a competition to win free stuff on a certian energy over here called demon. I hope I win the T shirt!!
And I was caught behind TWO buses with the poster art on the back. I have seen a lot of these buses around lately, and I have also heard of talk on some radio stations here, people are talking about it and the buzz seems to be real good over here.
It's all getting so exciting right now, and the film is just over two weeks away here.
Can't wait.

Note: I like this printed if you can read it:
"Also not for little boys who might be scared of aliens" (haha they spelt aliens right this time)

I've also added my own advertizing on the back of my car, PS if anyone can help me find the original AVP:R lettering (I am very nitpicky with this kind of thing)please send me the link, I did my best to make the R how I thought I seen it but I think it is wrong. if anyone can help me find this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Those looks cool, the marketing campaign reminds of Godzilla 1998 was back in the 90's. I wish the USA had this hype  :'(.

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Nice! So far, we don't have anything here(Florida). I haven't seen any TV Spots, posters, advertisements, nothing. Kind of sad, then again, that happened with the first AVP marketing campaign too.  :(

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The only marketing campagin i seen so far are t.v spots during the football game, and posters.  think we will see some myspace adds soon.

dallevalle

dallevalle

wolfs girl nice pics :D thanks for sharing

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2007, 12:47:46 AM
It'd have fit in pretty nicely, I reckon. All we've got out Xmas period is stupid kiddy films.
Exactly!! It's a nice change to have something harder for this time of the year to help let out all the stresses this time of year brings for most of us.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

I just realized, after all these years, that the FOX offices in town are just about opposite this billboard anyways. How nifty huh?
Now I know where I am going to go scabbing for some posters to make up for them kicking the film back two weeks.
I'll take a dump right on top of the directors desk if I don't get a poster to make up for it, one of those big vinyl Wolf posters..hell yes, I know where I will be going....

dallevalle

dallevalle

ewewwww DIDENT I TELL YOU NOT TO EAT BEANS XD DAMN GIRL/LADY XD

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

I will eat a BIG shitload of beans that day so I will make a decent pile on the Fox desk (if they don't give me that poster), as well as leaving a nice smell behind for all to enjoy...ahh beans.....nothing makes you fart like beans do.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Beer.

Not for pregnant women or children afraid of aliens.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Wolfs Girl on Dec 24, 2007, 02:05:44 AM
I will eat a BIG shitload of beans that day so I will make a decent pile on the Fox desk (if they don't give me that poster), as well as leaving a nice smell behind for all to enjoy...ahh beans.....nothing makes you fart like beans do.

um um UUUUUUM XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed