Wolf Owning aliens theory

Started by Plokoon111, Dec 22, 2007, 08:11:59 PM

Author
Wolf Owning aliens theory (Read 15,057 times)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

RIPLEY:  Lieutenant what do those Pulse Rifle's fire?
GORMAN: 10mm explosive tipped caseless, standard light armour piercing rounds.  Why?

Yautja666

Yautja666

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 24, 2007, 04:19:16 PM
RIPLEY:  Lieutenant what do those Pulse Rifle's fire?
GORMAN: 10mm explosive tipped caseless, standard light armour piercing rounds.  Why?

ok fine. But it said a standard round which pierce light armour, a round using explosive tipped to pierce light armour. So Aliens have weak natural armour then??? Also we can both agree that a round of that size and length has very few explosive substance in it, few milligrams. All in all this is not a very futuristic weapon because right now we have a wide variety of rounds of that caliber and even way higher like the superb 12.7mm rounds(.50) and also special shotguns, both can use explosive or even hi explosive rounds.

Anyway i concur that both aliens and predators hit with those rounds would prove fatal to them but the latter resist more to med-high caliber projectiles nonetheless.

The Chibi Kiriyama

We still have no clue as to what constitutes as "light" armor in the Aliens timeframe.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteSo Aliens have weak natural armour then???

If you watch scenes where Aliens get shot by Pulse Rifles, especially in the Ops. battle, it doesn't look like every single shot penetrates.  So no, their armour is not weak.   The Alien that Hicks nails at point blank in the elevator has some pretty huge holes blown in its head, so whatever they're using in the Pulse Rifle must be fairly potent, if it penetrates.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 24, 2007, 06:13:22 PM
We still have no clue as to what constitutes as "light" armor in the Aliens timeframe.

The USCM in Aliens wasn't wearing that heavy of armor, but I don't think they would go up against an unknown threat with one of their lighter armors do you? So I'm thinking that we saw their version of heavy to medium armor in the movie.

Yautja666

Yautja666

Agree. But for me light is light and so on. The fact is xenos hits by thoses small firearms were shredded.

Yautja666

Yautja666

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 24, 2007, 06:17:25 PM
QuoteSo Aliens have weak natural armour then???

If you watch scenes where Aliens get shot by Pulse Rifles, especially in the Ops. battle, it doesn't look like every single shot penetrates.  So no, their armour is not weak.   The Alien that Hicks nails at point blank in the elevator has some pretty huge holes blown in its head, so whatever they're using in the Pulse Rifle must be fairly potent, if it penetrates.

Possible.. but facts are the majority of the time it penetrates and then the xenos break in pieces. I like those weapons, love the design and i find them cool though but i'm not that impressed with their performance or power. Nowaday weapons can do better than that. :)

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Yautja666 on Dec 24, 2007, 07:35:09 PM

Agree. But for me light is light and so on. The fact is xenos hits by thoses small firearms were shredded.

Huh? the ones shot by the pistols weren't shredded. Those were the only light firearms in the movie.

Yautja666

Yautja666

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Dec 24, 2007, 07:46:28 PM
Quote from: Yautja666 on Dec 24, 2007, 07:35:09 PM

Huh? the ones shot by the pistols weren't shredded. Those were the only light firearms in the movie.

Yes, i meant the small compact assault rifles my bad  ;)

The Chibi Kiriyama

Some of the explosive-tip caseless pulse rifle rounds bounced off of them, too. The handgun rounds aren't the only case, if you look at the movie carefully. We see them die from specific pulse rifle bursts, face-to-face handgun shots, grenade launcher rounds, and excessive pressure applied to their exoskeleton.

Yautja666

Yautja666

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 24, 2007, 07:52:04 PM
Some of the explosive-tip caseless pulse rifle rounds bounced off of them, too. The handgun rounds aren't the only case, if you look at the movie carefully. We see them die from specific pulse rifle bursts, face-to-face handgun shots, grenade launcher rounds, and excessive pressure applied to their exoskeleton.

it's possible with the distance(less velocity) and the angle of the target knowing xenos have curved body some might bounce off. The handgun aren't using explosive rounds just normal rounds. For the pressure i totally agree here no others species should survives this either.

nachoninja

nachoninja

Hate to get dragged into a pointless argument like this but sometimes I have to let my opinion know. Anyone who says modern day firearms are more effective than what we see in Aliens is out of their mind. Seeing how it's set hundreds of years in the future I think we can assume that the rounds the weapons fire are way more advanced than what we have today, even the pistol rounds. First of all the rounds are caseless, which signifies a different way of propelling a bullet from what we have today. By that time new propellants would have been developed that would propel the bullets at much higher velocities than what we have now. Secondly, no assault rifle today fires a round with a diameter as high as 10mm. Most modern day weapons fire a 5.56mm round and no 5.56mm satisfies the requirements of being incendiary, armor-piercing, and explosive tipped. In todays world it is a trade off, if you wanted an explosive bullet you would be getting a bullet that could be very easily stopped by body armor. A 10mmx24mm would be about the size of a modern day .40 cal round which is much heavier than most assault rifle bullets today. However .40 cal rounds are not going to be penetrating any sort of light armor.
Hopefully in seeing AVP:R they make a point of showing that low powered modern day weapons such as pistols and buckshot simply bounce off the aliens exoskeleton, however I doubt this since the exoskelton present in the first three movies seems to have been replaced with fleshy goo.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed