I know this is early.

Started by Kimarhi, Dec 21, 2007, 11:17:31 PM

Author
I know this is early. (Read 4,153 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

And if AvP2 flops it won't matter anyhow.

However, given that the first AvP had a queen/superwarriorbadassalien boss combo, and this movie has a predalien boss..........what do you think will be the "boss" alien/character in the third film.

Praetorian?
Space Jockey Alien (not the spacejockey)?
Random Hybrid bred out of superbadass monster?

Or something a little different.

Like a badblood pred that stops the "hero" pred from carrying out his mission?
WY?

Or godawful like the Xenoborg?

Or will there even BE a boss alien/character?

In the law of oneups.........I'm going to say AvP3 features the praetorian alien concept as the next badass alien/character.  It's an established concept ever since the initial run of comics as well as the first videogames.  Alien purist have had time too "digest" it's existance.  And it won't affront series fans like it would if they used something like an alien bursted from a space jockey would (as thats something Alien fans typically want to see in the standalone movies). 

A badblood pred while interesting as a concept would ruin the AvP ideal.  An avpvp movie would only futher diminish the Alien in the vs concept as at least a good chunk of the film would have to feature the predator dynamic.

It'll be interesting to see what people think, and then compare it to what actually happens down the line..........IF it happens down the line.

megachu17

megachu17

id just prefer huge numbers of aliens than for there 2 be a "hero" or "boss" alien

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Xenoborg Alien created by Yutani using recovered Predator technology is the most logical conclusion in my opinion, after considering how AVP-R ends.  I think it sounds like a load of bollocks but evidently there are a lot of things myself and the "target audience" don't see eye to eye on.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Xenoborgs, though (from the vibe I'm getting) I question whether there will be a third AVP film.

SiL

SiL

Depends on who makes it.

Bros? Jockey Alien or King Alien.

Anyone with a lick'a common sense? PredAlien, Queen, drone.

Someone wanting to try something slightly different? No boss fight.

megachu17

megachu17

hmm, what u said about badbloods...if preds used humans 2 breed aliens 2 fight, might they use badbloods 2 breed predaliens for and extra chalange?(pred form of exicution)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 21, 2007, 11:21:58 PM
Xenoborgs, though (from the vibe I'm getting) I question whether there will be a third AVP film.

Just the mention of a xenoborg hurts the children a little.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 21, 2007, 11:37:13 PM
Just the mention of a xenoborg hurts the children a little.

I imagine it'll be pretty ridiculous, but at least it won't give the writers too many bad ideas to work into it. It's a cybernetic Alien...I can see them screwing that up, but not to the degree a Praetorian introduction might be.

megachu17

megachu17

can som1 post a pic of the(/a) xenoborg? lik from the comics maybe?

LukaKovach

LukaKovach

I hope for once, ONLY ONCE, they actually make the final battle a simple Alien versus a simple Predator, it's called Alien Vs Predator AFTER ALL GODDAMIT.

>:(

megachu17

megachu17

but what kind of plot would lead 2 that? if theres only 1 pred in the movie, then 1 alien wont be much of a challenge, there would hav 2 be as many preds as aliens for that 2 happen(avp, celtic vs grid re-run any1?)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 21, 2007, 11:20:05 PM
Xenoborg Alien created by Yutani using recovered Predator technology is the most logical conclusion in my opinion, after considering how AVP-R ends.  I think it sounds like a load of bollocks but evidently there are a lot of things myself and the "target audience" don't see eye to eye on.

I'm liking this idea. What if we throw in a bad blood for good measure? Who was disgraced due to Wolf failing? Maybe Wolf's brother?

Gacu666

Gacu666

I vote for the Aqua Alien and his brothers just like the action figures. Booyah!

Vemados

Vemados

Quote from: megachu17 on Dec 21, 2007, 11:25:51 PM
hmm, what u said about badbloods...if preds used humans 2 breed aliens 2 fight, might they use badbloods 2 breed predaliens for and extra chalange?(pred form of exicution)
I like this idea, they would kill two birds with one BB by executing a bad blood and making new prey.  But one bad blood should escape, to make it extra challenging.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I'd say a Queen again would be nice.  I wouldent mind.  its been done but the queen is usually done right (except in AR).  maybe some kind of genetic experiment also,  if it was done right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed