*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers*

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Dec 20, 2007, 10:47:21 PM

Author
*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers* (Read 50,484 times)

gameoverman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 21, 2007, 12:31:53 AM
The most retarded thing still is when the queen just sits there and doing nothing when ripley is burning the whole hive down and giving the queen grenades into the egg sack, the queen just sits there and doing absolutley nothing.

I still laugh my ass off how stupid the scene is. :D

The Queen was still attached to the egg sac, and calling her warriors to help her.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 21, 2007, 12:33:15 AM
The alien in the elevator shot happened in a split second - but you had to slow it down so the audience could understand what was going on.

i'm sure if this movie did that we'd get whineing...

gameoverman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 21, 2007, 12:34:51 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 21, 2007, 12:33:15 AM
The alien in the elevator shot happened in a split second - but you had to slow it down so the audience could understand what was going on.

i'm sure if this movie did that we'd get whineing...

No you were saying the alien was too slow in the elevator - well that shot went by so fast, but you had to show the alien leaping in, Hicks raising his shotgun and the alien being shot - all that would have happened in less than a second.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 21, 2007, 12:34:26 AM
The most retarded thing still is when the queen just sits there and doing nothing when ripley is burning the whole hive down and giving the queen grenades into the egg sack, the queen just sits there and doing absolutley nothing.

The Queen was still attached to the egg sac, and calling her warriors to help her.
She had no problems with freeing herself from the egg segg after the hive burned down... what logic, really.
Slowly thinking, "shit, now my hive is blasted away, now i can slowly start to react", man cameron is a f**khead, he really is.

Ohh yeah, and those so called warriors where not there when she was calling them, 1 was there, and it was blasted away by ripley with a few bullets... ohh wait point blank, how does it come that she was not acid burned?   

mistake over mistake... now lets not talk about avp 2, lets talk about aliens, because this is where it all started.

That Yellow Alien

Wolf shooting an Alien as it leaps at him = good

Wolf holding 2 Aliens to his face for over 5 seconds = dumb.

Johnny Handsome

Hicks Shooting the alien in the elevator shaft = Good.
Hicks shooting the alien with the shotgun in the mouth with the alien doing nothing = dumb

Ohh yeah, and of course the queen thing...

gameoverman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 21, 2007, 12:38:23 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 21, 2007, 12:34:26 AM

She had no problems with freeing herself from the egg segg after the hive burned down... what logic, really.
Slowly thinking, "shit, now my hive is blasted away, now i can slowly start to react", man cameron is a f**khead, he really is.

Ohh yeah, and those so called warriors where not there when she was calling them, 1 was there, and it was blasted away by ripley with a few bullets... ohh wait point blank, how does it come that she was not acid burned?   

mistake over mistake... now lets not talk about avp 2, lets talk about aliens, because this is where it all started.

Well Queens act differently to warriors - I always assumed that her screaming was her summoning the remaining warriors to protect her, so she wouldn't have to lose her egg sac and fight Ripley.  Also, she was being showered with shrapnel - I don't think she was in much of a condition to fight at the time.

Dasani

QuoteWell Queens act differently to warriors - I always assumed that her screaming was her summoning the remaining warriors to protect her, so she wouldn't have to lose her egg sac and fight Ripley.  Also, she was being showered with shrapnel - I don't think she was in much of a condition to fight at the time.

Were where the drones then?

gameoverman

Really the Hicks encounter doesn't compare to the aliens not using any of their free limbs.  Plus, they had a freer range of movement, much easier to get at Wolf than through the door of the APC at Hicks and co.

QuoteWere where the drones then?

We saw one other drone besides the two that were guarding the queen.  The other drones were probably in the main colony complex.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWell Queens act differently to warriors
Dumber obviously.
Quoteso she wouldn't have to lose her egg sac and fight Ripley.
Alien fans said it themselfes, when something bad happens the reaction is emediantly to kill the prey or to attack them, not just to sit there and doing nothing.
QuoteAlso, she was being showered with shrapnel - I don't think she was in much of a condition to fight at the time.
We dont see any wounds on here, so she wasnt hit by the grenades... later on she fights with the powerloader and you say she wasnt in the condition to fight?

She just sits there retardet doing nothing, what was cameron thinking when he shot the scene, really.
Cameron pisses on the alien in so many ways that it is not even funny anymore.
He faceraped Ash´s speech so hard that it was not only milk that was coming out of his mouth...

gameoverman

However which way you want to interpret that scene - or any other scene in Aliens - nothing comes anywhere close to this:

I am no hater, I have been consistently defending this film.  But a few scenes like this one have just tipped the balance for me.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteBut a few scenes like this one have just tipped the balance for me.
There are more then a few scenes in Aliens that f**k the aliens big time and making them look very very weak, still, most fans considering this movie the best out of the series.

That Yellow Alien

I've actually been finding more and more problems with Aliens the more I watch it. It used to be my favorite, not so much anymore.

Chocolate man!

I found a lighter version of the scene (plus some other stuff) you can actually see what's going on now!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfd4H3m4nU&feature=related

Major Alan Schaefer

every movie has problems the quesion is is do they really matter or not

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed